i knew this day had to come but why????

Started by theticklemister, October 17, 2013, 06:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Brendan Cummins has retired. Fcuksake this has ruined by night now going to see andy irvine.

Milltown Row2

Brilliant hurler and a decent footballer also, played both for his county and won many a Poc Fada. Had the pleasure of playing against him during the Sevens at St Judes, during the game I dislocated my shoulder was in agony but managed to get it back in. They beat us by a few points and went on to win it i think. We, well Karl Stewart scored a goal past him, was the highlight of our weekend ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

Jinxy

Didn't he take the frees for the footballers?
He was pretty good at them if I recall right.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

20 years hurling for Tipp. Some career.

I thought he'd have played till he was 50.

Was it a Liverpool jersey he always wore under the Tipp one ?

Club Rossa

It was a Manchester United jersey he wore under the Tipp one.

orangeman

tommysmith

Quote from: Milltown Row2 link=topic=23883.msg1289746#msg1289746 .  I dislocated my shoulder was in agony but managed to get it back in.
/quote]

I love the way this irrelevant piece of information was put in.. I though you were going to say Cummins put it back in for you.

rrhf

Quote from: tommysmith on October 18, 2013, 10:28:15 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 link=topic=23883.msg1289746#msg1289746 .  I dislocated my shoulder was in agony but managed to get it back in.
/quote]

I love the way this irrelevant piece of information was put in.. I though you were going to say Cummins put it back in for you.
I have a dodgy hip nothing to do with Brendan Cummings but I felt like this was the thread for it.

johnneycool

Quote from: rrhf on October 18, 2013, 01:49:44 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on October 18, 2013, 10:28:15 AM
/quote]

I have a dodgy hip nothing to do with Brendan Cummings but I felt like this was the thread for it.

I once got to walk past him in the tunnel at Semple, I'm a great fella too.

Great keeper with 2 AI's in a time Kilkenny dominated isn't too bad.

muppet

He is the last of a great era of hurling goalkeepers.

Cummins, Fitzhenry & Davy Fitz.

10 All-stars between then , 5 for Cummins tells a tale.

Donal Óg with 2 All-Stars was arguably a more influential player sometimes, but for pure hurling goalkeeping (i.e. shot-stopping and lunacy) those 3 were the best of the last 20 years.

MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2013, 12:44:13 PM
I think he was hinting at - had he not dislocated his shoulder, Cummins' team would not have beaten them and gone on to win it....

Exactly, no in fairness it was in a tackle with Cummins and their fullback!! Couldn't get in back in place till after the match.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea