Latest Scores - Soccer

Started by Redgreenery, April 06, 2007, 08:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

quote]

I didnt see the coverage obvously, but in the ground i personally did not see one rangers top! the only blue i saw where ni blue tops and one blue fulham top. Where there really that many?
[/quote]

Unfortunately yes....but I wouldnt let it take away from a deadly performance from OWC...as a mate of mine said this morning....Healy produces outstanding performances and outrageous goals when he is wearing green. Why can he not do that in England??
The Aristocrat Years

stew

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 18, 2007, 06:53:24 PM
quote]

I didnt see the coverage obvously, but in the ground i personally did not see one rangers top! the only blue i saw where ni blue tops and one blue fulham top. Where there really that many?
[/b]

Unfortunately yes....but I wouldnt let it take away from a deadly performance from OWC...as a mate of mine said this morning....Healy produces outstanding performances and outrageous goals when he is wearing green. Why can he not do that in England??
[/quote]

I dont think that the owc fans give a damn what he does in England, he is a wonderful international player and his strike rate is tremendous.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

deiseach

Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 17, 2007, 08:03:11 PM
Selection Selection Details Result
1 Football Matches Win
  Euro 2008 Qualifiers
  Wales v Ireland
  17th of November 2007 3:00pm
  Win-Draw-Win 
  Draw @ 11 - 5   

2 Football Matches Win
  Euro 2008 Qualifiers
  Scotland v Italy
  17th of November 2007 5:00pm
  Win-Draw-Win 
  Italy @ 11 - 10   

3 Football Matches Win
  Euro 2008 Qualifiers
  Israel v Russia
  17th of November 2007 6:00pm
  Win-Draw-Win 
  Israel @ 5 - 1   

4 Football Matches Pending
  Euro 2008 Qualifiers
  Northern Ireland v Denmark
  17th of November 2007 7:45pm
  Win-Draw-Win 
  Draw @ 23 - 10   

David Healy should send poor gerry a cheque . . .

stiffler

Quote from: screenmachine on November 18, 2007, 11:41:05 AM
Healy new record holder.  That strike was his 13th of the qualifying campaign, which now sees the Fulham man in the record books as highest ever goalscorer in a European qualifying season, eclipsing Davor Suker of Croatia's 12.
You have to hand it to him, that goal last nite was ridiculous.  Seen the Rangers contingent throughout the crowd, ah well did anyone expect anything else?  Congratulations to Healy! Away in a manger.....

fair play to healey on a tremendous campaign, but the top goalscorer award doesnt really count for much unless the north qualify. The fact that he has scored so many and they are still third in the group shows that the north have a problem in getting goals from other areas of their team and they are clean fcukd if he misses a game.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ExiledGael

Healy's record is truly brilliant, you can't take it away from the lad, but it's no surprise really that it's not the same at club level.
People have been crying for years about making all these rule changes ie quotas etc, to help our national teams.
That argument is sheer nonsense. The clubs are kings now and that's where the money is. I really think the Premier League is far more competitive now than international football. It's a better standard, better players and far better money.
To be honest there are not that many decent international teams out there at the minute, because IMO club football has never been stronger.
As much as I respect Ferguson, his childish calls for a quota system, probably to annoy Wenger and Benitez, were stupid.
If he cares so much for national teams, to see that crazy system introduced, maybe he should co-operate more with national coaches and don't hold back/withdraw players so often.
Clubs are number one, financially and standard wise.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on November 18, 2007, 02:11:09 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 18, 2007, 01:31:52 PM
Really? Because i wasn't expecting anything else from you

The killing part is that I'll make the same mistake again - put some thought and effort into an argument and expect the same in return :D

Jaysis if thats your idea of a argument you have a very sheltered life  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

dec

How does the number of Rangers jerseys in the crowd for the Northern Ireland games compare with the number of Celtic jerseys in the crowd for Republic of Ireland games?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: dec on November 18, 2007, 11:28:51 PM
How does the number of Rangers jerseys in the crowd for the Northern Ireland games compare with the number of Celtic jerseys in the crowd for Republic of Ireland games?

I'd say you probably see more Celtic jersies at Ireland games but then again they are the same colour.

Norf Tyrone

Well done The Harps!

Heading back to the prem div after the 1st leg tonight...

Harps 3 Waterford 0
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

magickingdom

good stuff always liked finn harps for some reason. btw neither fh or waterford have ever 'won' a playoff in 9 attempts til now..

Norf Tyrone

Waterford manager resigns after the game....with a leg to go!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Leo

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 19, 2007, 01:18:14 AM

I'd say you probably see more Celtic jersies at Ireland games but then again they are the same colour.

For the average Celtic jersey-wearer the colour of the national jresey is neither here nor there. The midset that insists there's no problem with wearing a Celtic jesey at Lansdowne (and the sonner they are there instead of Croker the better) while whinging about a Rangers jersey at Windsor is beyond rational discussion.
Fierce tame altogether

Evil Genius

Quote from: Leo on November 20, 2007, 11:02:04 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 19, 2007, 01:18:14 AM

For the average Celtic jersey-wearer the colour of the national jresey is neither here nor there. The midset that insists there's no problem with wearing a Celtic jesey at Lansdowne (and the sonner they are there instead of Croker the better) while whinging about a Rangers jersey at Windsor is beyond rational discussion.

As someone who was at the game at Windsor on Saturday, I didn't see one single Rangers jersey. I saw a couple of scarves which might have been Rangers, but so tightly wrapped was everyone against the deluge, they might equally have been Linfield. I also saw one oul boy with a rather natty-looking tweed duncher, which on closer inspection displayed a discreet Rangers crest on it. I also saw one or two other club accoutrements - Fulham, Liverpool etc - mostly on kids.

Those "Rangers" jerseys which certain eagle-eyed TV viewers claim to have spotted were almost certainly the NI away jersey from two years ago - a royal blue effort which was reasonably popular for a while. However, since the away jersey has now reverted to the traditional white version, the blue jerseys are increasingly few and far between.

I'm also pleased to report that from my corner of the Kop (Upper), I don't recall seeing one single Union Flag (though the TV cameras did home in on a couple elsewhere in the crowd); I may be imagining it, but they seem to be becoming rarer. Also, the "No Surrender" during GSTQ was not nearly so loud as I had anticipated for the Kop (not my usual spot) and I even heard a few people whistling at that point in what may have been an attempt to drown it out? (Though maybe not)

Sorry if that disappoints some people, but there you go.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid