Latest Scores - Soccer

Started by Redgreenery, April 06, 2007, 08:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

I guess if you ignore their utterly cat record in finals then yes, they have every chance.

deiseach

pintsofguinness

Fair play to NI as right but is there a more unprofessional commentary team than Fullerton and whoever that other knob is?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

for the love of God would someone shoot john whoever he is.

deiseach

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 17, 2007, 09:33:13 PM
Fair play to NI as right but is there a more unprofessional commentary team than Fullerton and whoever that other knob is?

That's the nature of intenational soccer commentary. I'll never forget George Hamilton hollering "OH NO!" on three seperate occasions as Spain took us to the cleaners at Lansdowne Road in 1993. If Jackie is being worse than that, then he's being very bad indeed.

I note Capdevila - didn't he used to play cricket for India? - has given Spain the lead against Sweden, which is bad for NI.

The Real Laoislad

I personally don't think it matters how a country done at previous tournaments that were 2,4 or even 8 years ago..
I also don't think getting to the last two World Cup 1/4 finals and the 1/4 finals of the last Euro Cup is exactly a utterly cat record..
Anyway they haven't qualified yet so here's hoping they don't!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

QuoteThat's the nature of intenational soccer commentary. I'll never forget George Hamilton hollering "OH NO!" on three seperate occasions as Spain took us to the cleaners at Lansdowne Road in 1993. If Jackie is being worse than that, then he's being very bad indeed.
No there's nothing worse than these two, I haven't heard the boy John say decent thing, is he getting paid for that? 
Now hes going "yes, yes yes"  ::)

what's the craic with spain now?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: hardstation on November 17, 2007, 09:40:00 PM
FT
Norn Iron 2
Denmark 1
Fair play to NI, showing up our motley crew once again. How does this leave them re the group now?

The Real Laoislad

FT
Norn Iron 2
Denmark 1

Great result for them,Just goes too show anything can happen in soccer
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 17, 2007, 09:39:40 PM
I personally don't think it matters how a country done at previous tournaments that were 2,4 or even 8 years ago..
I also don't think getting to the last two World Cup 1/4 finals and the 1/4 finals of the last Euro Cup is exactly a utterly cat record..
Anyway they haven't qualified yet so here's hoping they don't!

So you think when English players are lining up penalties they're not dwelling on the record of their predecessors? You only had to look at the way the Italians bust a gut to try and win the 2006 World Cup semi-final in extra-time rather than let it go to penalties to know that history matters. You only have to look at Waterford's implosion this year against Limerick to know that history matters (ouch, that hurt).

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 17, 2007, 09:33:13 PM

They're a bit one eyed alright. ;D

Yer man doing the co-commentary is having caniptions. It's like fanzone on Sky.

inisceithleann

Boys Healy is some player. Why can he not do it at club level? Bit of a mystery really.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 17, 2007, 09:42:49 PM
FT
Norn Iron 2
Denmark 1
Fair play to NI, showing up our motley crew once again. How does this leave them re the group now?

There are no two ways about it - Northern Ireland's chances are hanging by the slimmest of tiny threads. But there is a route through for them.

First up, they must win both of their remaining matches, at home against Denmark and away to Spain. Anything less and they are out. But two wins will be sufficient, providing Spain have failed to win in their other match at home to Sweden on 17 November.

If Spain beat Sweden, two wins for Northern Ireland will still put them through, but only if Latvia triumph in Sweden in the final qualifying match on 21 November.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 17, 2007, 09:50:07 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 17, 2007, 09:42:49 PM
FT
Norn Iron 2
Denmark 1

There are no two ways about it - Northern Ireland's chances are hanging by the slimmest of tiny threads. But there is a route through for them.

First up, they must win both of their remaining matches, at home against Denmark and away to Spain. Anything less and they are out. But two wins will be sufficient, providing Spain have failed to win in their other match at home to Sweden on 17 November.

If Spain beat Sweden, two wins for Northern Ireland will still put them through, but only if Latvia triumph in Sweden in the final qualifying match on 21 November.
In other words, no hope!

deiseach

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 17, 2007, 09:50:07 PM

God bless the Beeb :D