Dawson quits Antrim....

Started by alba2, October 01, 2013, 05:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alba2

Any word why the boss stepped down yet?

rodney trotter

Antrim would have a decent team if they had everyone playing for them. Didn't seem to be the case under Dawson? A new manager would probably get the McCanns back on the panel and CJ McGourty. Niall Mckeever back from the AFL is a big bonus .

BennyCake

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 01, 2013, 05:35:08 PM
Antrim would have a decent team if they had everyone playing for them. Didn't seem to be the case under Dawson? A new manager would probably get the McCanns back on the panel and CJ McGourty. Niall Mckeever back from the AFL is a big bonus .

That McGourty fella has one of those faces you'd love to slap. He seems like a troublesome boy to have around any team, which is another reason for slapping him.

screenexile

Not a new manager... a good manager!!

They've had 2 new managers the last few years and still weren't able to pull the thing together. If I was Antrim I'd be beating Rory Gallagher's door down!!!! I don't think he would want it though it's the most poisonous of all the chalices!

rodney trotter

Quote from: screenexile on October 01, 2013, 06:12:02 PM

Not a new manager... a good manager!!

They've had 2 new managers the last few years and still weren't able to pull the thing together. If I was Antrim I'd be beating Rory Gallagher's door down!!!! I don't think he would want it though it's the most poisonous of all the chalices!

They weren't that bad under Bradley. He was there for 5 years I think. Dawson took over from Bradley this year,  Ulster Final in 09 and two promotions Went a bit downhill in the final season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on October 01, 2013, 06:03:28 PM

That McGourty fella has one of those faces you'd love to slap. He seems like a troublesome boy to have around any team, which is another reason for slapping him.

Now now Benny, ya can't slap people just cause of their face, I ain't see yours, it's probably slapable also ;D. In his defence he's got us our scores this year and in Antrim there aren't too many forwards as good as him

Antrim don't need a manager, they need to stop playing football at senior level for a few years and bring a decent set of committed players through, I'd say there are about 3/4 lads that are serious about playing for Antrim, the rest don't really care or give a fcuk. Sad but true
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

So what happens after a few years? Everyone starts wanting to play? Nonsense MR.

If we have our best playing we should be at the very least competing in division 3. We won't have the mcgourtys but if we get the right guy there is no reason the rest won't play.

That's a big IF mind you.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: alba2 on October 01, 2013, 05:25:40 PM
Any word why the boss stepped down yet?
Perhaps he wants to join the anti Casement lobby
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 01, 2013, 08:50:09 PM
So what happens after a few years? Everyone starts wanting to play? Nonsense MR.

If we have our best playing we should be at the very least competing in division 3. We won't have the mcgourtys but if we get the right guy there is no reason the rest won't play.

It will never happen of course but at the minute we seem to be flogging a dead horse, my point is that Antrim need to be developing a team for the future, Can't see Mick McCann wanting to go at it for another season, Scullion won't be back, can't see Sean Kelly making a return, Brady and McLean getting on also, all the better players have been with Antrim a long time. There will (IMO) be a change needed all over.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 01, 2013, 08:56:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 01, 2013, 08:50:09 PM

It will never happen of course but at the minute we seem to be flogging a dead horse, my point is that Antrim need to be developing a team for the future, Can't see Mick McCann wanting to go at it for another season, Scullion won't be back, can't see Sean Kelly making a return, Brady and McLean getting on also, all the better players have been with Antrim a long time. There will (IMO) be a change needed all over.

McCann said he would play for Antrim next year http://www.hoganstand.com/Antrim/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=201335

imtommygunn

You can't just bring in a load of young boys at once though. A bit of experience needed to help them through. Mccann(s) were to be back for the year anyway so hopefully that will remain the case.

Brady hasn't played in a few years?

Hard to see where we're going at the minute but has to be better than last year.

Line Ball

On the subject of a few slaps, was there something happened in the dressing room after the game?

Orior

Should the new manager be looking to build the team around Niall? The trend of two man forward lines and short kick-outs means that young Niall might have trouble doing what he does best.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Line Ball on October 01, 2013, 09:53:45 PM

On the subject of a few slaps, was there something happened in the dressing room after the game?

Don't know I wasn't in the changing rooms, what you hear?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Orior on October 01, 2013, 10:52:10 PM

Should the new manager be looking to build the team around Niall? The trend of two man forward lines and short kick-outs means that young Niall might have trouble doing what he does best.

He would be a key player id imagine, must be around 6f5. 4 years in Australia will have brought him on a lot in S&C.

Not from Antrim myself.