John Heslin 2-16

Started by Dinny Breen, September 29, 2013, 05:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

I knew he was good but feck me and Garrycastle wouldn't be a bad team

Westmeath SFC Semi Final FT - Garrycastle 5-9 St Lomans 2-19 - John Heslin scored 2-16 for Lomans to win game

Anyone know the breakdown, Gerry or Croí?
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

Was this without extra time? That's uncommon scoring in 60 minutes.

They need Mickey Harte down in the midlands.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rodney trotter

He is a serious talent , Heslin. Declan Rowley is over Lomans, former Longford manager. Managed my own club for a few years.

Syferus

Steve Austin once scored 3-16, though.

shark

14 frees. But some of them were from crazy positions. Lomans were 1 up in injury time. Garrycastle won a penalty which Gary Dolan scored. Lomans won the kickout, long ball in and Heslin fisted it to the net. Dessie played no part.
Shamrocks and Tyrrellspass drew the other semi.

Wildweasel74

Thats Matt Connor type scoring no matter the position, never even heard of a player scoring so much in a serious championship game, foreby it coming from a midfielder, Garrycastle came out of leinster a few yrs ago too.

Wildweasel74

worryingly 3 point only came from the forwards

shark

Heslin played full forward, as he always does at club level.

Wildweasel74

maybe i should have rephrased there were only 3 other scores from the rest of the team

rodney trotter

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 29, 2013, 10:26:39 PM
maybe i should have rephrased there were only 3 other scores from the rest of the team

It's mainly like that in any club, one free scoring forward and 2/3 or more other regular scorers.

Croí na hÉireann

Couldn't make it, nearly choked on my twitter feed when I saw it coming in. Shamrocks did well to get another day out by all accounts, 2-5 to 3 points down at ht.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shamrock Shore

QuoteDeclan Rowley is over Lomans, former Longford manager

Being a pernickety Pete here but Rowley hasn't managed Longford. He managed Laytrum. He is from Longford in fairness.

2-16 in a 60 minute game is savage stuff - irregardless of the fact that 0-14 came from frees.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 30, 2013, 02:00:24 PM
QuoteDeclan Rowley is over Lomans, former Longford manager

Being a pernickety Pete here but Rowley hasn't managed Longford. He managed Laytrum. He is from Longford in fairness.

2-16 in a 60 minute game is savage stuff - irregardless of the fact that 0-14 came from frees.

My bad, he was assistant manager with Longford for a spell though.

2-16 would practically win every game. Epic way to finish by Heslin with a goal in the last minute.

Wildweasel74

wouldnt mind poaching Heslin and the carlow lad for Derrys midfield lol

mad tan

Didn't Heslin play Aussie Rules a few years ago?