Happy Arthur's Day!

Started by T Fearon, September 26, 2013, 12:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

I wonder if dubs will still be as fond of Arthur when Diageo close baileys in Dublin and move production to belfast
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

snoopdog

Quote from: screenexile on September 26, 2013, 05:20:59 PM
In all fairness though is it not a bit of a welcome boost to Pub trade which by and large is suffering badly these days?!
i fail to see how anyone can have sympathy for the pubs, especially in Dublin they have ripped people off long enough with the majority of them serving up slop they call beer. a lot of them deserve what they get.

Cold tea

Quote from: snoopdog on September 26, 2013, 10:10:09 PM
In all fairness though is it not a bit of a welcome boost to Pub trade which by and large is suffering badly these days?!
i fail to see how anyone can have sympathy for the pubs, especially in Dublin they have ripped people off long enough with the majority of them serving up slop they call beer. a lot of them deserve what they get.

Agree - and charging in at christmas/ new year etc - f**k them if they all went bust who the f**k would care.

screenexile

Quote from: snoopdog on September 26, 2013, 10:10:09 PM

Well in my Town or main bar gets a crowd on a Saturday night only... he tries his best with Supper Club's and Trad nights but it's a tough slog for him. The crowd he got last night will help a little but most pubs in small-medium sized towns are feeling the pressure and if Arthur's Day helps a bit then fair play.

PS. Arthur can go f**k himself for the shape I'm in this morning!!

Syferus

Found three Rosie's collapsed in the living room this morning. Haven't a clue who they are.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Syferus on September 27, 2013, 09:32:57 PM
Found three Rosie's collapsed in the living room this morning. Haven't a clue who they are.

u wake them up with a rousing rendition of Whole Lotta Rosie? What county did they hail from. Did you ah no forget it now
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Maguire01

Arthur's Day was a decent marketing concept for the big 250th Anniversary, but to wheel it out every year is a bit too much.

T Fearon

Only 363 sleeps left...until Arthur's Day 2014!

ziggysego

Someone better wake Tony up and tell him.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

deiseach

I'm looking forward to Continuity Arthur's Day.

T Fearon

Wrong decision.Arthur should have been canonised owing to the number of miraculous cures he has provided and his Day should be a Bank Holiday. Protest march from St James Gate to the Dail and a flotilla of guinness barges on the Liffey is called for.A black day for Ireland indeed >:(