Centers of excellance

Started by The Insider, September 12, 2013, 09:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Ros. Every crappy hotel on the country has conference rooms that can used for all that stuff. Seems to me if you build a all weather pitch or two with lights and a gym that's all you need. The rest is just an expensive waste of money.

stephenite

Quote from: Hardy on September 29, 2013, 01:37:18 PM
What's an analysis suite?
What's a functional movement room?

No idea, but if we ever win the All Ireland they'll be the difference

Hardy

Quote from: stephenite on September 29, 2013, 01:52:28 PM

How can they call it a centre of excellence if there's no studio or laboratory or workshop or whatever it is they use, for the lifestyle coach?

johnneycool

Quote from: Hardy on September 29, 2013, 02:18:31 PM
Quote from: stephenite on September 29, 2013, 01:52:28 PM

How can they call it a centre of excellence if there's no studio or laboratory or workshop or whatever it is they use, for the lifestyle coach?

And a wee kitchen for the tae and sandwiches. A serving hatch is always good.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Itchy on September 29, 2013, 01:47:24 PM
Ros. Every crappy hotel on the country has conference rooms that can used for all that stuff. Seems to me if you build a all weather pitch or two with lights and a gym that's all you need. The rest is just an expensive waste of money.

Yeah why bother to try and improve things, sure isn't it grand the way it was!! That redevelopment of Croke Park was an awful waste as well.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

I presume Louth might now bring the Drogheda grounds up to 1980's standards by terracing those green grassy banks near the Boyne.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Grass banks are part of our heritage.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

We used to have a great one in Tullamore until we got the swanky new terracing on that side.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on November 08, 2013, 12:51:45 PM

They didn't need bailing out either.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on November 08, 2013, 08:35:07 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on November 08, 2013, 12:51:45 PM

They didn't need bailing out either.

Well sometimes in a bad winter the one in Tullamore had a few buckets worth of water alright.

Itchy

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 08, 2013, 08:55:01 AM

Yeah why bother to try and improve things, sure isn't it grand the way it was!! That redevelopment of Croke Park was an awful waste as well.

Clown! Is astro and lights not an improvement? Spending millions on conference rooms when the country is full of them is a waste of money that could be put to much better use in coaching, promotion of our games and other more worthy areas. My point was to improve where there is value for money and some real benefit.

Jinxy

I think it's one of these.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on November 09, 2013, 01:09:55 PM

The Lobby of The Meath Centre of Excellence?
MWWSI 2017

CD

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2013, 02:11:38 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on November 09, 2013, 01:09:55 PM

The Lobby of The Meath Centre of Excellence?

This is where I do all of my best analysis. Such as it is!! ;)
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

trueblue1234

Quote from: Itchy on November 09, 2013, 09:58:07 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 08, 2013, 08:55:01 AM

Clown! Is astro and lights not an improvement? Spending millions on conference rooms when the country is full of them is a waste of money that could be put to much better use in coaching, promotion of our games and other more worthy areas. My point was to improve where there is value for money and some real benefit.

You think it's possible to set up a Functional Movement room in a conference room? And you call me a Clown. You seem to be giving the impression that the GAA should be happy just covering the basics i.e pitch lights and gym. I don't agree with that at all. Just because we are amateur doesn't mean we can't try and improve things. And for a county team things like a recovery suite can be extremely important, considering they are practically training at a professional level in many cases.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit