Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: orangeman on February 15, 2014, 04:28:52 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 15, 2014, 04:22:18 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 15, 2014, 04:18:45 PM
Well done Castlebar. Worthy winners. Best of luck to them in the final.

Having beaten the Crokes quite comfortably, they'll fear nobody now.

And nobody will fear them, eh?

They won't fear anyone but as I said before Ballinderry and Vincent's will be mighty relieved to see the back of Crokes.

With Gooch crocked they'd have much preferred Crokes. Mitchels don't have the highlight player like Gooch but as a team they have more depth than Crokes; they won't be undone by one injury like the Killarney men.

Final is totally up for grabs now. Might be better for Mitchels to get Vincent's and let the Dublin team suck up the national hype, they'd at worst be in a dead heat with Ballinderry and more likely they'd be favourites.

brokencrossbar1

Congratulations to Castlebar, an excellent win and a great opportunity now in the final.   I have to say though that this year's eventual winners will have a small bit of a hollow victory as we were so badly depleted there will always be a question mark over the winners,  'would they have won if Cross had a full deck to play with earlier in the season? '  Anyway best of luck in the final to muppet et al.

Tubberman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 15, 2014, 04:51:44 PM
Congratulations to Castlebar, an excellent win and a great opportunity now in the final.   I have to say though that this year's eventual winners will have a small bit of a hollow victory as we were so badly depleted there will always be a question mark over the winners,  'would they have won if Cross had a full deck to play with earlier in the season? '  Anyway best of luck in the final to muppet et al.

Nice one :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

orangeman

Aye Castlebar- Vincent's or Ballinderry will be badly annoyed.

Ballinderry sent the Ulster back cos Cross hadn't a full deck.

Syferus

'Would they have won if Marty Duffy wasn't more insane than Tony Ferron after ten pints and put Brigids out of the championship?'

Shoulda, coulda, woulda, and that's from a county with more real grievances than ye Armagh lads have. If you're not there you're not there. Every single title is as precious as the next. You'd love to do it beating all the big guns but only the big guns that don't get to the dance care about the 'quality' of the opposition the eventual winners have faced.

The roll of honour will have no asterisks.

From the Bunker

Rubbish there will never be a question mark over the winners! Who ever get their name on the Cup will be champions and anything else is just be pub chat speculation.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on February 15, 2014, 04:32:01 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2014, 03:58:36 PM
It's ok, it's because we are a Connacht Club, sure it took Brigids winning it to get some acknowledgement.
The nonsense that was written here & elsewhere before Brigids won their All Ireland. Its certainly a Connacht thing, in a four horse race having beaten the defending champs the odds (6/1 for AI ) on Castlebar were insulting & Crokes haven't improve one bit from last years semi final.

Well done to Castlebar finish the job now lads. Yourself,Muppet (two Castlebar lads) will be making the trip to Croker now?

I will almost certainly be working and out of the country but I will have to see what can be done.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on February 15, 2014, 05:12:20 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 15, 2014, 04:32:01 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2014, 03:58:36 PM
It's ok, it's because we are a Connacht Club, sure it took Brigids winning it to get some acknowledgement.
The nonsense that was written here & elsewhere before Brigids won their All Ireland. Its certainly a Connacht thing, in a four horse race having beaten the defending champs the odds (6/1 for AI ) on Castlebar were insulting & Crokes haven't improve one bit from last years semi final.

Well done to Castlebar finish the job now lads. Yourself,Muppet (two Castlebar lads) will be making the trip to Croker now?

I will almost certainly be working and out of the country but I will have to see what can be done.

I have Paddy.s week a few days either side booked 6 months now  ;D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Rossfan

I have to say though that this year's eventual winners will have a small bit of a hollow victory as we were so badly depleted there will always be a question mark over the winners,  'would they have won if Cross had a full deck to play with earlier in the season?
Would you ever go and crawl up yer own arsh  >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Well done to Castlebar Mitchels. Gooch got a nasty injury I know, but that shouldn't take anything away from the Mitchels. Hopefully they will do the job on Paddy's Day now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

orangeman

imtommygunn

Sure if st vincents get through it's ok for them as they put manners in you a few years ago ;)

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 15, 2014, 05:31:24 PM
Well done to Castlebar Mitchels. Gooch got a nasty injury I know, but that shouldn't take anything away from the Mitchels. Hopefully they will do the job on Paddy's Day now.

It shouldn't take from what was a fine win for Mitchels. The Gooch played the full game against Ballymun last year and they weren't much better than today.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

muppet

I will definitely raise a glass to you BC on Paddy's Day!
MWWSI 2017