Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Is it time to start pumping money into developing club football in Munster?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Quote from: orangeman on February 15, 2014, 04:18:45 PM
Well done Castlebar. Worthy winners. Best of luck to them in the final.

Having beaten the Crokes quite comfortably, they'll fear nobody now.

And nobody will fear them, eh?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

armaghniac

I had a few Euro on Castlebar +3, I'd have got much better odds if I had gone for -3 or more.
Hard for the Gooch though, a player like that would have made a substantial difference.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SLIGONIAN

One of the most bias refereeing performances i have ever seen in GAA, decided the winner along way out.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tubberman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 15, 2014, 04:23:53 PM
One of the most bias refereeing performances i have ever seen in GAA, decided the winner along way out.

He scored the goals and injured gooch did he?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

J OGorman

A few of yous are losing the run of yourselves. Gooch was a huge kick on the teeth for Crokes plus there is a couple of handy sides in the other semi

Syferus

Quote from: Syferus on February 15, 2014, 03:26:49 PM

You never like to see a player get injured but when it's the Gooch you feel like you've been robed of seeing something special.

Crokes responded well with their goal but it's Castlebar's to lose now.

Crokes had no answers when the game picked up. Gooch going took the best player in the country out of the game and meant they had no gears left to respond to Mitchels when they stepped up in the last ten.

Maybe Mitchels could have still won but it's pretty clear it wouldn't have been the walkover it ended up being. Disapointing as Gooch is always a highlight of any game but well done to the 'Fancy Dans' from Castlebar, hopefully they can make it two in a row for Connacht.

muppet

Quote from: J OGorman on February 15, 2014, 04:26:11 PM
A few of yous are losing the run of yourselves. Gooch was a huge kick on the teeth for Crokes plus there is a couple of handy sides in the other semi

You are right.

We should concede the final now and save everyone the bother.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Quote from: Tubberman on February 15, 2014, 04:22:18 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 15, 2014, 04:18:45 PM
Well done Castlebar. Worthy winners. Best of luck to them in the final.

Having beaten the Crokes quite comfortably, they'll fear nobody now.

And nobody will fear them, eh?

They won't fear anyone but as I said before Ballinderry and Vincent's will be mighty relieved to see the back of Crokes.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on February 15, 2014, 04:26:55 PM

You are right.

Yip, tip the hat lads.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

highorlow

Well done Mitchell's .

Free holiday for the ref in breaffy house alright, don't think his decisions affected the result though.
Crokes didn't spot his anti tackle policy and should have ran more at mitchell's in the 2nd half.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2014, 03:58:36 PM
It's ok, it's because we are a Connacht Club, sure it took Brigids winning it to get some acknowledgement.
The nonsense that was written here & elsewhere before Brigids won their All Ireland. Its certainly a Connacht thing, in a four horse race having beaten the defending champs the odds (6/1 for AI ) on Castlebar were insulting & Crokes haven't improve one bit from last years semi final.

Well done to Castlebar finish the job now lads. Yourself,Muppet (two Castlebar lads) will be making the trip to Croker now?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

J OGorman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2014, 04:29:13 PM
Quote from: muppet link=topic=23730.msg1322290# :'(msg1322290 date=1392481615

You are right.

Yip, tip the hat lads.

Ye's are as mad and touchy as tyrone supporters!

orangeman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 15, 2014, 04:23:53 PM

Ref didn't beat Crokes today. Yes, he'll cringe when he sees the DVD ( then again I'm not sure if referees do cringe ) as a couple of frees were ridiculously soft.

Castlebar played the best football but undoubtedly, Gooch going off was a massive factor in Castlebar winning the game. With only a point in it, Castlebar upped the ante and playing into the wind was no impediment to them.

But hats off to the Mayo men.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on February 15, 2014, 04:32:01 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2014, 03:58:36 PM
It's ok, it's because we are a Connacht Club, sure it took Brigids winning it to get some acknowledgement.
The nonsense that was written here & elsewhere before Brigids won their All Ireland. Its certainly a Connacht thing, in a four horse race having beaten the defending champs the odds (6/1 for AI ) on Castlebar were insulting & Crokes haven't improve one bit from last years semi final.

Well done to Castlebar finish the job now lads. Yourself,Muppet (two Castlebar lads) will be making the trip to Croker now?

Checking out flights now.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.