Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 22, 2013, 12:19:34 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on November 20, 2013, 12:58:39 PM
I get the feeling people are underestimating Castlebar to a degree, Barry Moran, Ritchie Feeney, Alan feeney, Tom Cunnife, Aidan walsh, lydon, douglas, king are all excellent footballers. Time will tell and the obvious outcome is the experienced brigids to prevail but my head is telling me Castlebar will win this for some reason or another.

Hopefully its a good game anyways, will be travelling down for this one and would really love to see that unmerciful bollix cake drove to kingdom come with a rattle.

Was talking to cake briefly in a pub one night, didn't seem like a bollix at all tbf, came across as a decent fella. Now that I think of it, not your typical rossie.....   ;)

Anyone that thinks Cake is an arse is an arse themselves. The whole Curran family are characters but anyone that knows them could tell you how wrong the po-faced brigade are. Some people just want the world to be varying shades of gray or they're not happy.

Farrandeelin

Best of luck to Castlebar tomorrow. Hopefully the Connachr senior club champions will be a Mayo team for the first time since 2007.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 23, 2013, 10:11:36 PM
Best of luck to Castlebar tomorrow. Hopefully the Connachr senior club champions will be a Mayo team for the first time since 2007.

Arrah sure ye already have Minor, Senior IC and Intermediate titles. Ye don't have the room on the mantelpiece for more silver.

whitey

Quote from: Syferus on November 23, 2013, 10:19:22 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 23, 2013, 10:11:36 PM

Arrah sure ye already have Minor, Senior IC and Intermediate titles. Ye don't have the room on the mantelpiece for more silver.

I never thought of that..we'd have to move the statue of The Child of Prague into the "good room" to make a place for it

ross4life

Brigids full value for their 5 point lead at half time need to keep it going for the next 30mins, losing cathal mchugh to injury is a blow
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on November 24, 2013, 02:38:11 PM
Brigids full value for their 5 point lead at half time need to keep it going for the next 30mins, losing cathal mchugh to injury is a blow

Cathal Mc seemed a bit slow, don't think he was close to being fully fit. He's had a rough time of it with injuries.

Gleeson is some lad to have to come on so if anything Brigids are stronger now.

Tubberman

Marty Duffy has sent off Barry Moran on a straight red for a tackle on Karol Mannion - seems to have been a very harsh call according to Midwest.
But penalty for Mitchels that would put them two up!!

Douglas got it despite Curran's antics  ;D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

maigheo

goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll for castlebar.Mitchels ahead by 3

ross4life

14 man castlebar lead by 3 points some turnaround, brigids on the ropes
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tubberman

ross4life

maigheo

Brigids ahead by 1.Looks like Brigids will retain there title

ross4life

mayo.mick

Sounds like a cracking game in the Hyde. 1 point in it now!!
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Tubberman

Marty Duffy making a complete bollocks of the match. Free to Mitchels to level with last kick of game....