Kildare manager 2016

Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

I don't envy the job he has on his hands here. He has to engage with the clubs from day 1 and try and get them onside. Best of luck to him.

The composition of the backroom team will be interesting. I hope there will be some overlap between the senior and u21 set ups given the age profile of the panel at the moment.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 08, 2013, 03:46:35 PM
Quote from: deiseach on October 08, 2013, 03:21:46 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 08, 2013, 03:13:01 PM
Brian Murphy delivered us a minor Leinster title this year and helped develop some of our young talent over the last 5 years so we did alright out of that.

You keep telling yourself that if it eases the pain. Mick Roche . . . he was crap anyway. When can we expect to see the bould Jason as your avatar?

I'm from Kildare we find comfort in the smallest things as we don't in our football.

Mick Roche wonder if he played these days would have got much abuse for transferring counties?

I like my Avatar though, maybe if I can find one of Jason Ryan going head to head with Jim Gavin I might change...

Well you'll either have to change it or move to Armagh now.  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 08, 2013, 04:10:57 PM
I think ye were lucky not to get McStay. Don't think he is up to intercounty. Did great things with St. Bridgets last year, but I've seen him at under 21 with our own county and he did not have the side line vision. I know that was 10 plus years ago, but you either have these things or you don't. They can't really be learned, it's almost intuition.
In fairness reached the All Ireland final and only lost by three points against a very good Tyrone side.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 08, 2013, 04:10:57 PM
I think ye were lucky not to get McStay. Don't think he is up to intercounty. Did great things with St. Bridgets last year, but I've seen him at under 21 with our own county and he did not have the side line vision. I know that was 10 plus years ago, but you either have these things or you don't. They can't really be learned, it's almost intuition.

His adjustments for Brigids were excellent, be it playing Frankie higher up the field, switching to Cake in goals or emphasising a high press defence to in-game adjustments like seeing things weren't going right in the middle against Ballymun and bringing on Garvan Dolan at half-time, someone who had a huge impact in turning the game in Brigids' favour. Whether it was McStay, McHale or O'Brien the whole unit were as tactically proficient as I've seen a management team be in many years. 'Sideline vision' is the one thing McStay doesn't lack.

I think Kildare will get a good quality manager in Ryan but the more ambitious choice would have been McStay. K-Mac has to chair a strategic committee here in Roscommon and gets to continue his RTE job unimpeded so I'm sure he isn't crying into his glass for things to do.

orangeman

This seems to have been very ham fisted.

Kildare GAA has been dealt a potential body blow with the decision of nearly all of their chief fundraisers to stand down.

The main officers of Club Kildare, with the exception of county board treasurer Martin Whyte, have decided not to seek re-election at next month's AGM.

It leaves a void that could prove difficult to fill, with the collective decision pointing to a disillusionment with the board which has been festering for some time now.

The main officers, including chairman Pat Mangan, the former Kildare footballer, made their decision at an executive meeting on Monday night. They had previously held an EGM to air a number of relevant issues.

The departure of the officers now puts the future of Club Kildare very much in doubt. They were known to be very supportive of previous manager Kieran McGeeney and, as an official of a sub-committee of the Kildare County Board since late 2012, Mangan was adamant he was entitled to a vote - which he didn't get - on the night McGeeney was removed.

Club Kildare have been one of the most active supporters' clubs in the GAA. In 2013 they generated €90,000, while, over the past number of years, they have brought in up to €130,000 for team preparations.

During negotiations with Croke Park over funding in 2012, they agreed to become a sub-committee of the Kildare County Board.

Their main officers were highly influential in securing the most recent sponsorship deal with Brady's Ham and are understood to be unhappy with some of the board's handling of other commercial and fundraising ventures.

Donnellys Hollow

We're going to need a bigger bucket.

Dinny Breen

All under control

Pick your footballer. They should have auctioned Johnny Doyle.

Sponsor your very own Kildare footballer
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 22, 2014, 04:11:17 PM
All under control

Pick your footballer. They should have auctioned Johnny Doyle.

Sponsor your very own Kildare footballer

Seanie Johnston
Sponsored by the Cavan County Board

rodney trotter

Enna and Cian O Connor transferring to Moorefield as they are now teaching in Kildare were students in Maynooth. Possible Lilywhite call up in the future?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 22, 2014, 05:54:22 PM
Enna and Cian O Connor transferring to Moorefield as they are now teaching in Kildare were students in Maynooth. Possible Lilywhite call up in the future?

Both live in Naas   :-\

Their pathway should be via the KSFC if they were to be called up.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

No stopping the Moores for the next few years so.

Donnellys Hollow

Time for the Sheikh to get the chequebook out.

heffo

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 27, 2015, 09:29:14 PM
Time for the Sheikh to get the chequebook out.

It wasn't mothballed for Ryan as Asst or main man

Dinny Breen

Maybe Dublin might come in and buy us, loan us some players, appoint Pat Gilroy as manager.
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 27, 2015, 11:47:05 PM
Maybe Dublin might come in and buy us, loan us some players, appoint Pat Gilroy as manager.

You don't need him Dinny when your shortlist is Jack O'Connor, Kevin McStay and Tony McEnter :)