Silly neutral fans at games

Started by Orchardman, September 02, 2013, 02:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Deiseach, legendary post. Would have you down for a Cnoc Sion man if you didn't display such a good sense of irony.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Don Corleone

I was in the Lr.Hogan, wonderful seats...

A lovely pair of gals were beside me , holding and moving hands...clutching/exploring each other. Cheering for Dublin to boot.

The scenes near me when McManamon goaled were in-descibable, tongues, tits and hormonal exuberence at it's best.

The Lr. Hogan is the spot.  ;)
Why did you go to the police? Why didn't you come to me first?

Eamonnca1

What? Wearing polo shirts when you're not playing polo? Disgrace!

iorras

Don, have you any photographic evidence of these occurrences from the ladies? It doesnt matter if its not video as unlike the CCCC in O'Carroll V Cooper 2013, we will still take it into consideration so please, dont be shy, post away.

Hardy

Quote from: deiseach on September 02, 2013, 03:34:27 PM
This Mayo chap is small potatoes. We all congratulate ourselves on how there is no segregation at matches unlike the beasts that frequent soccer, and I guess it's nice in the abstract. But the reality of it is a complete pain in the hole. You're sitting down a couple of minutes before throw-in, thanking your lucky stars that you're surrounded by your own kind thanks to tickets bought through the club, then along comes the biggest baluba God ever put into shoe leather. Just in case you didn't know who was on the opposition's team, he'll shout "come on" followed by their name every time one of his team touches the ball. He'll conduct an eyeballing contest with someone from your own county sitting several rows way for 70 minutes, a habit that seems to require him to swing elbows into your personal space at the same time. His memory for any time your county bottled it spectacularly is encyclopedic and he isn't afraid to show off this talent (NB this is obviously a bigger problem when you are from Waterford than, say, Kerry). About the only positive thing that can be said about the experience is that if you lose,you also  win because you don't have to cope with proximity to him should his team lose.

On reflection, I'd like to apologise to everyone I ever sat beside at a match.

:D  One for the archives.

ballinaman

Yep, throw up a screen grab of the women and this Mayo lout  :P from the eircom fan pic!

CD

It is not directly related, but you can get very strange looks by wearing your county or club polo shirt to Tesco's in Glengormley. Men of all ages wearing soccer tops would be the norm.

You should try it in East Belfast! I rely on the shock factor ('Is that a fenian football jersey that wee w@#&%£$s wearing') Plain sight is my camouflage! That and their absolute ignorance! I must admit I get a bit of a kick out of it!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Wildweasel74

Going into bushmills i think back round 92/93 with a donegal jersey on me, the time they changed from the green to the gold., landed straight into a parade people stopped the car before we
drive out onto the main street. Told me it be very advisable to take off the GAA top to prevent any trouble. Think it looked stranger to me driving by with a bare chest in the car on a day it was raining, myself!!!

sans pessimism

Quote from: Don Corleone on September 02, 2013, 11:12:17 PM

I was in the Lr.Hogan, wonderful seats...

A lovely pair of gals were beside me , holding and moving hands...clutching/exploring each other. Cheering for Dublin to boot.

The scenes near me when McManamon goaled were in-descibable, tongues, tits and hormonal exuberence at it's best.

The Lr. Hogan is the spot.  ;)
I'd say row G sounds like the spot  ;)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

bennydorano

I'm with Orchardman on this one too, grow up people. Couldn't believe the amount of Gaa tops i saw on holiday this year (France), i thought before going i might be lucky to see a few & it could be a conversation starter, but the amount running about in them was unreal, i just put my Rangers top on to stop people talking to me.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: deiseach on September 02, 2013, 03:34:27 PM
This Mayo chap is small potatoes. We all congratulate ourselves on how there is no segregation at matches unlike the beasts that frequent soccer, and I guess it's nice in the abstract. But the reality of it is a complete pain in the hole. You're sitting down a couple of minutes before throw-in, thanking your lucky stars that you're surrounded by your own kind thanks to tickets bought through the club, then along comes the biggest baluba God ever put into shoe leather. Just in case you didn't know who was on the opposition's team, he'll shout "come on" followed by their name every time one of his team touches the ball. He'll conduct an eyeballing contest with someone from your own county sitting several rows way for 70 minutes, a habit that seems to require him to swing elbows into your personal space at the same time. His memory for any time your county bottled it spectacularly is encyclopedic and he isn't afraid to show off this talent (NB this is obviously a bigger problem when you are from Waterford than, say, Kerry). About the only positive thing that can be said about the experience is that if you lose,you also  win because you don't have to cope with proximity to him should his team lose.

On reflection, I'd like to apologise to everyone I ever sat beside at a match.
Quality!

BennyCake

Quote from: bennydorano on September 03, 2013, 10:06:50 PM
I'm with Orchardman on this one too, grow up people. Couldn't believe the amount of Gaa tops i saw on holiday this year (France), i thought before going i might be lucky to see a few & it could be a conversation starter, but the amount running about in them was unreal, i just put my Rangers top on to stop people talking to me.

Aye, cos nobody likes those Crossmaglen boys!  ;D

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Orchardman on September 02, 2013, 02:47:42 PM
I was there at croke park yesterday and it was brilliant, gaa at it's best. I had been telling everyone all year that Kerry weren't done and these guys had one more in them. Was delighted they showed their class again yesterday but just didn't get over the line in the end.

Anyway there was this guy behind me wearing his mayo jersey, in his thirties id say. Firstly why would anyone bother wearing a mayo jersey when their not playing is beyond me, especially at that age but no harm done I suppose, each to their own.
His main crime was when the game was starting and the crowd were outroaring each other with 'C mon kerry', C'mon Dublin', he then had to shout ' C mon MAYO!

Really, why would anyone bother doing that???
This isn't mayo bashing, their are clowns everywhere.

Come to think of it, he was wearing a baseball hat, so maybe it was james horan

Did you ever consider the fact that he might just have been practicing?
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail and all that
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Jinxy

Quote from: Orchardman on September 02, 2013, 02:47:42 PM
I was there at croke park yesterday and it was brilliant, gaa at it's best. I had been telling everyone all year that Kerry weren't done and these guys had one more in them. Was delighted they showed their class again yesterday but just didn't get over the line in the end.

Anyway there was this guy behind me wearing his mayo jersey, in his thirties id say. Firstly why would anyone bother wearing a mayo jersey when their not playing is beyond me, especially at that age but no harm done I suppose, each to their own.
His main crime was when the game was starting and the crowd were outroaring each other with 'C mon kerry', C'mon Dublin', he then had to shout ' C mon MAYO!

Really, why would anyone bother doing that???
This isn't mayo bashing, their are clowns everywhere.

Come to think of it, he was wearing a baseball hat, so maybe it was james horan

Irish people that wear baseball hats are generally a bit special.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Orchardman

any other top gaa managers who love their hats? Wee james in down seems to be fond of his new Zealand one.

Big Joe never wore for Armagh, though peter McDonnell, paddy o rourke and even paul grimly have been spotted wearing them sometimes.

Is it the same hat that horan always wears? Is there a lucky hat that maybe he forgot it last year against Donegal?