Antrim yaps- under 21 hurling final

Started by Orchardman, August 29, 2013, 06:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

Ok, I know this is hurling but their is nothing in the hurling board about it and it deserves to be here as its taking up a lot of main GAA news this week.

The decision was taken 3 years ago, did antrim kick up about it then? fair enough its a long journey but thurles is the place to play. But my main point is that antrim are talking about an ulster venue to promote the game?! are they having a laugh. They didn't train properly for this game, only 12 lads turning up, the board didn't give it any respect at all. To be honest, even though i'm delighted for genuine antrim hurling guys who have been pushing for years, I feel wexford deserved this much more.

Clare will bring a huge crowd to thurles, if it was in ulster would they even get 5,000? no

INDIANA

Quote from: hardstation on August 29, 2013, 06:32:55 PM
I agree with your main point but how the fcuk do Wexford deserve it more? We fcukin beat them!!!

I agree. totally.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orchardman on August 29, 2013, 06:29:07 PM
Ok, I know this is hurling but their is nothing in the hurling board about it and it deserves to be here as its taking up a lot of main GAA news this week.

The decision was taken 3 years ago, did antrim kick up about it then? fair enough its a long journey but thurles is the place to play. But my main point is that antrim are talking about an ulster venue to promote the game?! are they having a laugh. They didn't train properly for this game, only 12 lads turning up, the board didn't give it any respect at all. To be honest, even though i'm delighted for genuine antrim hurling guys who have been pushing for years, I feel wexford deserved this much more.

Clare will bring a huge crowd to thurles, if it was in ulster would they even get 5,000? no

Yeah that makes no sense at all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

How hard were Wexford training if they couldn't beat a team that weren't getting good numbers at training. But it's the result that matters at the end of the day.

INDIANA

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 29, 2013, 09:40:03 PM
How hard were Wexford training if they couldn't beat a team that weren't getting good numbers at training. It's the result that matters at the end of the day.

Poor leinster championship Rodney. Weakest kilkenny and dublin teams for a while. Kilkenny team was a good minor side but have imploded since.

Farrandeelin

Antrim are damn right to complain imo. Game should be played in the midlands I reckon.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Eamonnca1

As we speak, clubs from around the USA are making six hour flights  and some are making ten-hour road trips to get to Cleveland for the North American GAA finals.

Just sayin'

Zulu

Why did the GAA make a decision to play every U21 final in Thurles anyway? Why create a potential problem when there is little need to do so? In saying that, the decision was made and I don't think Antrim have much grounds for complaint, it's an All Ireland final so just go play it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2013, 08:30:33 AM
Why did the GAA make a decision to play every U21 final in Thurles anyway? Why create a potential problem when there is little need to do so? In saying that, the decision was made and I don't think Antrim have much grounds for complaint, it's an All Ireland final so just go play it.

I'm with ya, and I'll be looking forward to going down to support our team in Thurles, great venue great atmosphere, having been there for a Munster final I'll be looking forward to seeing 2 lads from my club (one who I've managed when he was 10) march out on to the pitch. Jackson McGreevey from my club will captain the team so we are proud as punch, we will be up against it, this Clare team is very good and have had no real problems in getting to the final.

We have beaten the best out of Leinster (some posters rubbishing it already) and I hope they give it a lash for Antrim and Ulster hurling, christ knows we need a lift
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Never got to play in Thurles myself (was a sub there once so got to warm up on the pitch), but as you say been to a good few Munster finals there and after Croke park its the place any hurler would love to play at.

Has anyone bothered to ask the Antrim players their thoughts on it?

rodney trotter

Thurles was chosen 3 years ago to host U21 All Ireland hurling finals on a permanent basis. Best ground for Hurling anyway.

deiseach

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 30, 2013, 11:56:31 AM
Thurles was chosen 3 years ago to host U21 All Ireland hurling finals on a permanent basis. Best ground for Hurling anyway.

It is?

rodney trotter

Quote from: deiseach on August 30, 2013, 12:08:18 PM

It is?

Apart from Croke Park obviously.. Gaelic Grounds is impressive too. Nowlan Park, Pairc Ui Caoimih.
Thurles would probably top those though all the same.

Your own Counties stadium would be well off, Fraher Field.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 30, 2013, 12:17:06 PM
Quote from: deiseach on August 30, 2013, 12:08:18 PM

It is?

Apart from Croke Park obviously.. Gaelic Grounds is impressive too. Nowlan Park, Pairc Ui Caoimih.
Thurles would probably those though all the same.

Your own Counties stadium would be well off, Fraher Field.

In terms of history, maybe not the best playing surface, would be hard to compete with Casement if I was being fair. But it would be second home of hurling. It played out All Ireland finals when Croke wasn't used so if the GAA think that highly of it then.......