2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

Best wishes to our neighbours on sunday. I for one will be rooting for ye......
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Crete Boom

Quote from: muppet on September 18, 2013, 03:20:40 PM
Mayo v Donegal

Quote from: muppet on August 04, 2013, 02:05:32 AM
Quote from: Mayo Mick on August 03, 2013, 11:48:11 PM
No time for posting this week but simply we will win this pulling up and the semi too. 7+ tomorrow.

I hate to agree with you.

But his won't be like London.

Mayo by a long way, ad then great difficulty controlling the hype.

Mayo v Tyrone prediction

GAA Discussion / Re: Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th
« on: August 25, 2013, 01:12:45 AM »
I know Stephenite is waiting on my big game prediction and has locked in a Qantas booking for the weekend after the one Tony Fearon would book.

Mayo will struggle to get out of the Tyrone blocks for a long time tomorrow. Most of the first half will be played outside the Tyrone 45m line. I think Hennelly will play a part here if he starts hitting long range frees.

In the 2nd half I feel if we click then start to open out a lead, then Tyrone will have to come out to play. After that it will be game on and if Tyrone get the important scores they could win. But that would be desperation stuff, and if all that happens we could really kick on as we have been doing.

I am predicting a 6-8 point win for a Mayo team pulling away after a very difficult first 25 -35 minutes.

Somewhere between now and Sunday I need to have a feed of pints and then make my prediction.

Tonight's the night muppet , chamipnship league AC Milan v Celtic a perfect excuse to head to the pub ;)

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 18, 2013, 01:10:56 PM
But Lar, this Mayo team hasn't been tested yet.....

Arra, g'wan outa that and don't be encouraging that Sidney fella. He'd give a cabbage head a migraine as it is without your help.
So both of ye think Mayo hasn't been tested yet, do ye? Hah?
I'd say the rest of civilisation as we know it would regard the Tyrone match as a test of Mayo's character and self-belief. They managed to pull off a ten point turnaround into the bargain.
Now Dublin met Tyrone in the league final and only won by a single point. And don't bother telling me that the league doesn't count either. 'Twas no secret that Tyrone were using that game to fine tune their preparations for their opening championship match against Donegal. They took it seriously alright and so did the Dubs.
To get out of Leinster, Dublin beat Westmeath, Kildare and Meath along the way. None of them could be called serious contenders for anything with only Kildare playing in the first division of the league.
In fact, the lowest placed league team, Meath, put the frighteners on the Dubs before running out of gas in the closing stages.
Kildare were feck all use either; Tyrone accounted for them handy enough and we all know what happened to Tyrone, don't we?
The Dubs played Cork in the quarters and if you were to go by all the blather spouted about that game, they got a right good test from the langers. At that stage, some of Dublin's fair weather supporters were talking in terms of winning the fecking premiership as well as the Triple Crown, never mind being a sure cert for the AI.

Let the hype build up, Farr; don't go into meltdown just yet.

After all, Cork barely scraped by Galway and you know what happened to the heron chokers when we met them.
For the last few weeks I've been getting an earful of hype about the Dublin v Kerry match and sure enough it was a damn fine game but Kerry knocked in three goals in the first 20 minutes and the Dubs only pulled clear in the last five minutes or so. Mayo won't have any thirty somethings to slow them down when the craic starts on Sunday.
Rory O'Carroll better than Cafferky? Alan Freeman will knock all thoughts of football right outa his head.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

thejuice

Some Antrim lad on ebay was selling a ticket with the auction ending two days after the game with expected delivery a week late. 

Seems to be gone now  :D
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Syferus

At siege with all this Mayo shite, every second picture is a Mayo flag up a mountain or with military types or stuck in a pie. To make matters worse Chris O'Dowd, Roscommon's second citizen after Ming, broke his leg while on the tatter in Dublin.

Fooking hell.

rosnarun

mayo hammer teams and they havent been tested  but let tyrone get within 6 points and its a wobble. Ireland and the GAA seriously need some intellegent reportage quick

im so sick of the bullshit bring on sunday
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

TyrionLannister

Greetings, its been a while.

Started a ticket swapping thread if anyone is interested:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=23760.0

ONeill

Another favourite is "we don't know how Mayo will react in the final 10 mins if close".

Personally, I think they'll have a big homosexual romp.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 18, 2013, 04:30:32 PM

Arra, g'wan outa that and don't be encouraging that Sidney fella. He'd give a cabbage head a migraine as it is without your help.
I'd say the rest of civilisation as we know it would regard the Tyrone match as a test of Mayo's character and self-belief. They managed to pull off a ten point turnaround into the bargain.
Now Dublin met Tyrone in the league final and only won by a single point. And don't bother telling me that the league doesn't count either. 'Twas no secret that Tyrone were using that game to fine tune their preparations for their opening championship match against Donegal. They took it seriously alright and so did the Dubs.
To get out of Leinster, Dublin beat Westmeath, Kildare and Meath along the way. None of them could be called serious contenders for anything with only Kildare playing in the first division of the league.
In fact, the lowest placed league team, Meath, put the frighteners on the Dubs before running out of gas in the closing stages.
Kildare were feck all use either; Tyrone accounted for them handy enough and we all know what happened to Tyrone, don't we?
The Dubs played Cork in the quarters and if you were to go by all the blather spouted about that game, they got a right good test from the langers. At that stage, some of Dublin's fair weather supporters were talking in terms of winning the fecking premiership as well as the Triple Crown, never mind being a sure cert for the AI.

After all, Cork barely scraped by Galway and you know what happened to the heron chokers when we met them.
For the last few weeks I've been getting an earful of hype about the Dublin v Kerry match and sure enough it was a damn fine game but Kerry knocked in three goals in the first 20 minutes and the Dubs only pulled clear in the last five minutes or so. Mayo won't have any thirty somethings to slow them down when the craic starts on Sunday.
Rory O'Carroll better than Cafferky? Alan Freeman will knock all thoughts of football right outa his head.

Well if the league counts as much as you claim ye are in real trouble. We beat ye handy in this years semi final!

I genuinely feel that the Mayo full back line is as suspect as Dublin's Brogan has always done well on Caffrerkey and has given him at least one roasting. Cunniffe and Barrett have done well this year but through no fault of their own have not really had to play on the back foot at all except for 20mins against Tyrone and then they looked a little ropey.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on September 18, 2013, 04:55:53 PM

Well if the league counts as much as you claim ye are in real trouble. We beat ye handy in this years semi final!

I genuinely feel that the Mayo full back line is as suspect as Dublin's Brogan has always done well on Caffrerkey and has given him at least one roasting. Cunniffe and Barrett have done well this year but through no fault of their own have not really had to play on the back foot at all except for 20mins against Tyrone and then they looked a little ropey.

You seem to be forgetting the little matter of the All Ireland semi final last year, it was the Wednesday before Brogan got out of his pocket
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 18, 2013, 04:59:57 PM
Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on September 18, 2013, 04:55:53 PM

You seem to be forgetting the little matter of the All Ireland semi final last year, it was the Wednesday before Brogan got out of his pocket

I thought Brogan got a couple of points. Cafferkey also badly misjudged a line ball from Kilkenny which let Bernard through on goal with a couple of mins to go. Granted Bernard made a b***ix of it. Anyway I'm not denying Cafferkey is a good player and an all star I just feel Mayo are a little suspect in the full back line. As an outsuder looking in I would of thought that Keith Higgins would be the best Corner Back in Mayo and he is playing Centre Forward. He does a decent job there but would Richie Feeney not be just as effective?

Farrandeelin

Probably would Michael, but whatever reason, Horan rathers him from the bench.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Sidney

Quote from: Syferus on September 18, 2013, 04:36:59 PM
At siege with all this Mayo shite, every second picture is a Mayo flag up a mountain or with military types or stuck in a pie. To make matters worse Chris O'Dowd, Roscommon's second citizen after Ming, broke his leg while on the tatter in Dublin.

Fooking hell.
Oh dear. Even the non-Mayo Mayo supporters appear to be bottling it already.

Sidney

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 18, 2013, 04:59:57 PM

Hopefully for Cafferkey's sake it'll be a cloudy day, lest he be blinded by the sun again. 

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Sidney on September 18, 2013, 12:36:06 PM
A composite Dublin-Mayo team:

Cluxton

Cuniffe
O'Carroll
Higgins

McCarthy
O'Sullivan
McCaffrey

McAuley
A. O'Shea

Flynn
Dillon
Connolly

Mannion
O'Connor
Brogan

10 Dublin
5 Mayo
If Higgins is moved back into defence Tom Cunniffe isn't certain to start this final. O'Sullivan will likely play in midfield and i think Cafferkey,Boyle two key players for Mayo should be on that team above . Having better individuals is all well and good however you can still get beaten if the opposition system,workrate,fitness and tactics is better.