2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 02, 2013, 08:58:40 PM
We Indiana are not half as afraid of that Dublin team as you would like to think. That Dublin defence is there to be torn apart. We wll beat you in the centre too. I fear we will be trying to retain our All-Ireland title at the start of 2014 "untested"  ;)

I was trying to figure out last night had you a forward that would make our team. Then I was struggling to fit one into our Top 8 forwards. ;)

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2013, 07:47:40 PM
Mayo need to start this final well. If we can start off well, anything can happen. If we don't then it's curtains I'm afraid.

From the moment the whistle was blown in last year's AIF Mayo have been working to get back .
I am sure they are going to be ready for the first 20 minutes.

http://archive.is/R7NUs

"It's the first thing we did," says Horan, "when we sat down in that dressing room, we went through what we could improve on, what worked today and what didn't work. And that's been our approach all year, and is still the same.
"Yeah, our disappointment is greater, but we'll learn from today. The team showed though, as they have all year, the character they have. They kept plugging away to the final whistle. We just couldn't get there, but we kept trying. But we'll have to take it on the chin, learn from it, and away they'll go. They'll come back better players, and better people."
The positive mindset brought Mayo to Croke Park on All-Ireland final day and Horan believes it will bring them back.

Wildweasel74

INDIANA you seem way overconfident in this game, cant see how you are so sure you are going to beat Mayo, if i was a Dublin supporter i be confident but would worry about Dublin hype getting to the team (and that comes from supporters and the papers)and becoming overconfident against a Mayo team thats has a very good chance to turn you over and it wouldn't be seen as a suprise

Rossfan

I'd say they've ( Dublin ) the 2014 AI won already never mind the 2013.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2013, 09:12:26 PM
We Indiana are not half as afraid of that Dublin team as you would like to think. That Dublin defence is there to be torn apart. We wll beat you in the centre too. I fear we will be trying to retain our All-Ireland title at the start of 2014 "untested"  ;)

I was trying to figure out last night had you a forward that would make our team. Then I was struggling to fit one into our Top 8 forwards. ;)

Aw well. I've a season ticket up for grabs...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 02, 2013, 09:18:51 PM
INDIANA you seem way overconfident in this game, cant see how you are so sure you are going to beat Mayo, if i was a Dublin supporter i be confident but would worry about Dublin hype getting to the team (and that comes from supporters and the papers)and becoming overconfident against a Mayo team thats has a very good chance to turn you over and it wouldn't be seen as a suprise

Can't blame him, Dublin have beaten two All Ireland contenders by five,seven points in their last two games. The Dublin supporters will see the hard work done and now face a side that have habit of losing All Ireland finals and side they seek revenge against for last years defeat.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2013, 08:22:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 02, 2013, 07:05:48 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 02, 2013, 07:01:22 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 02, 2013, 06:15:22 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 02, 2013, 06:13:03 PM
Apart from Dublin supporters nobody wants to see Mayo lose their seventh All Ireland final in row however the Dublin bench will win this All Ireland. If O'Connor is fit i expect Mayo to match Kerrys scoring from yesterday if not would have to fear the worst for them.

The Dublin bench is impressive, but no more so than Mayo's. I fancy Mayo to edge thus by 2-3.

The Dublin bench scored 2-2 to win that game would the Mayo bench manage that against Kerry? i think not.

How much would you bet on O'Gara scoring a goal off the bench again?

You haven't a forward to match Rock or Maxi on the bench.

Your first 15 may well be better then ours but you're Top 20 isn't.

You'll need to be ahead after 55mins. Thats why Kerry lost. Had they held their advantage from early in the second half and had a few subs they surely would have won.

I never said we have.

We have a better midfielder and better defenders on the bench, so much so that we tend to bring them on up front - e.g. Richie Feeney in last year's Final.

O'Connor may yet be on the bench too, but who knows in what condition.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2013, 07:47:40 PM
Mayo need to start this final well. If we can start off well, anything can happen. If we don't then it's curtains I'm afraid.

Farr were you our psychologist for the last half dozen finals?  ;D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2013, 09:21:12 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2013, 09:12:26 PM

Aw well. I've a season ticket up for grabs...

Good job we have 6 backs + who will outscore your forwards.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 02, 2013, 09:24:05 PM

Can't blame him, Dublin have beaten two All Ireland contenders by five,seven points in their last two games. The Dublin supporters will see the hard work done and now face a side that have habit of losing All Ireland finals and side they seek revenge against for last years defeat.
Kerry were not contenders. Cork are a good bit off the pace as well.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 02, 2013, 09:24:05 PM

Donegal, Tyrone.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2013, 08:22:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 02, 2013, 07:05:48 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 02, 2013, 07:01:22 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 02, 2013, 06:15:22 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 02, 2013, 06:13:03 PM
Apart from Dublin supporters nobody wants to see Mayo lose their seventh All Ireland final in row however the Dublin bench will win this All Ireland. If O'Connor is fit i expect Mayo to match Kerrys scoring from yesterday if not would have to fear the worst for them.

The Dublin bench is impressive, but no more so than Mayo's. I fancy Mayo to edge thus by 2-3.

The Dublin bench scored 2-2 to win that game would the Mayo bench manage that against Kerry? i think not.

How much would you bet on O'Gara scoring a goal off the bench again?

You haven't a forward to match Rock or Maxi on the bench.

Your first 15 may well be better then ours but you're Top 20 isn't.

You'll need to be ahead after 55mins. Thats why Kerry lost. Had they held their advantage from early in the second half and had a few subs they surely would have won.

Don't under estimate our energy levels. Kerry yesterday had alot of players with Millage and years. Kerry were neck and neck with two minutes to go. So I don't see where we need to be ahead with 55 minutes on the clock.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2013, 07:41:06 AM
Quote from: Bod Mor on September 02, 2013, 12:14:38 AM
Obviously Dublin are raging hot favourites for the final. Was afraid this would happen.

- They've hammered us twice already this year so they have our number.
- We don't have the strength in depth they have. Certainly don't have a bench that will contribute 1-4/1-5.
- Home team advantage and we will be intimidated by the hill. No doubting that.
- AOS will be targetted and will see red as he is very cynical.
- Assuming O'Connor is out (almost a certainty), we don't have a dead ball kicker of the quality Dublin have. Cluxton kicks them over at will anywhere within 50 yards.
- Ref will be watching the dirty shoulder charging tactics as shown by Cunnfife against Tyrone.
- They are reigning league champions.

Should be a great final for the neutral though ;)

Dublin's biggest problem will be yesterday wasn't a final. I think Dublin will find it very difficult to lift their game again in 3 weeks. As a result Mayo would be marginal favourites.

I've said it all year I just feel Mayo's name is on this one. They lack one or two outstanding footballers but they have the better balanced team. We can't keep relying on our bench to score 1-5.

The thing about the next day is Mayo's conditioning is every bit as good as Dublin's and the fresh legs won't have the advantage they had yesterday.

It was Kerry's younger lads who wilted yesterday because they haven't the years of physical conditioning behind them that's needed at this level. Lads like Tomas O Se were still going strong in the 65th minute. Mayo won't wilt.

Off-point a little I know but as Indiana mentioned him - isn't Tomás Ó Sé some horse of a man? 35 years old, high mileage on the clock and not a backward step on him. What a player.

Ok, carry on. Up Mayo.

Syferus

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 02, 2013, 09:48:01 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2013, 07:41:06 AM
Quote from: Bod Mor on September 02, 2013, 12:14:38 AM
Obviously Dublin are raging hot favourites for the final. Was afraid this would happen.

- They've hammered us twice already this year so they have our number.
- We don't have the strength in depth they have. Certainly don't have a bench that will contribute 1-4/1-5.
- Home team advantage and we will be intimidated by the hill. No doubting that.
- AOS will be targetted and will see red as he is very cynical.
- Assuming O'Connor is out (almost a certainty), we don't have a dead ball kicker of the quality Dublin have. Cluxton kicks them over at will anywhere within 50 yards.
- Ref will be watching the dirty shoulder charging tactics as shown by Cunnfife against Tyrone.
- They are reigning league champions.

Should be a great final for the neutral though ;)

Dublin's biggest problem will be yesterday wasn't a final. I think Dublin will find it very difficult to lift their game again in 3 weeks. As a result Mayo would be marginal favourites.

I've said it all year I just feel Mayo's name is on this one. They lack one or two outstanding footballers but they have the better balanced team. We can't keep relying on our bench to score 1-5.

The thing about the next day is Mayo's conditioning is every bit as good as Dublin's and the fresh legs won't have the advantage they had yesterday.

It was Kerry's younger lads who wilted yesterday because they haven't the years of physical conditioning behind them that's needed at this level. Lads like Tomas O Se were still going strong in the 65th minute. Mayo won't wilt.

Off-point a little I know but as Indiana mentioned him - isn't Tomás Ó Sé some horse of a man? 35 years old, high mileage on the clock and not a backward step on him. What a player.

Ok, carry on. Up Mayo.

It was a bit of a last sting of a dying wasp sort of thing, he has been pretty poor all year and looked gassed by half-time at times this year.

Incredible performance all the same, one that'll warm many's a winter's night alongside all the legends of other Kerry greats.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Will Mayo annihilate the Dublin buckos early doors and then commence operation pull your man off...........................or down ????