2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 16, 2013, 09:39:56 AM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 13, 2013, 08:33:40 PM
Keep this to yourselves now lads but you know how William J Padden came on in Knockmore during that charity game a fortnight ago? THAT WAS NO ACCIDENT! There are wheels within wheels. Do you get me? Wheels within wheels.

Of course, I'm saying nothing.

Its funny you should talk about people coming back after appearing in that charity match. Theres one past great who has come out of retirement and is back training for the championship quarter final.Word at home is that COC was in america this week and had a plate put in his shoulder

Heard about that alright! You couldn't make it up. 48 yrs of age and wouldn't have kicked a ball since the 90s. Priceless.

rosnarun

Quote from: moysider on September 16, 2013, 09:53:04 AM
Keep this to yourselves now lads but you know how William J Padden came on in Knockmore during that charity game a fortnight ago? THAT WAS NO ACCIDENT! There are wheels within wheels. Do you get me? Wheels within wheels.

Its funny you should talk about people coming back after appearing in that charity match. Theres one past great who has come out of retirement and is back training for the championship quarter final.Word at home is that COC was in america this week and had a plate put in his shoulder

Heard about that alright! You couldn't make it up. 48 yrs of age and wouldn't have kicked a ball since the 90s. Priceless.

jaysus lads ye cant leave it like that .
tis hardly libel to  to name such a hero fighting back the years .
what age is peter ford last time i saw hime he looked ready to Tog out hardy fecker.
David nestor maybe?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: rosnarun on September 16, 2013, 10:43:52 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 16, 2013, 09:53:04 AM

jaysus lads ye cant leave it like that .
tis hardly libel to  to name such a hero fighting back the years .
what age is peter ford last time i saw hime he looked ready to Tog out hardy fecker.
David nestor maybe?

He's hardly 48!

Mayo4Sam

This man is one of the greatest footballers ever to grace a field, Ciaran Mc wouldnt be fit to tie his laces, a comment which he apparently once made to a mayo midfielder.

He does not however look like a man who is ready to tog out
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tubberman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 16, 2013, 11:49:53 AM
This man is one of the greatest footballers ever to grace a field, Ciaran Mc wouldnt be fit to tie his laces, a comment which he apparently once made to a mayo midfielder.

Bomber Brogan!?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Mayo4Sam

Greatest man ever to pull on a mayo jersey

From what I hear of the Knockmore v Mayo legends match he received (and rightly so) the largest cheers when he was on the ball

moysider

Well the game was played in Knockmore after all. Maybe that had something to do with it as well.

deiseach

Where does he fit in the ranks of Donegal greats?

Mayo4Sam

From the Bunker

Quote from: deiseach on September 16, 2013, 12:30:23 PM

Well he did inspire Donegal to beat Mayo when he came on in the closing stages of the the 1992 AI semi final. :P

Farrandeelin

Talk about becoming a circus of a club!!! He's hell bent on making a comeback though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 16, 2013, 12:39:15 PM
Quote from: deiseach on September 16, 2013, 12:30:23 PM

Well he did inspire Donegal to beat Mayo when he came on in the closing stages of the the 1992 AI semi final. :P

The Bomber's inspiration is obviously of the slow burner variety then.
MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

no week to be starting interclub rows .
well chat over the winter about that take an odd break from the celebrating and shoving the Sam Magurie in everyones faces
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: rosnarun on September 16, 2013, 01:54:37 PM

no week to be starting interclub rows .
well chat over the winter about that take an odd break from the celebrating and shoving the Sam Magurie in everyones faces

Good Man rosnarun, thats the spirit................however if we win Sam on Sunday, the club games might have to be played in the pub carparks..........such will be the celebrations.......it will put the 1989 "Tour De County" by that team in the shade..............being old enough to remember that................