Jimmy winning matches (maybe?)

Started by sam03/05, August 25, 2013, 09:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Jim & the County board seem to be implying they were sacked
Whereas the 3 lads seem to be saying they opted away due to work & family commitments.

Very interesting development. The speed at which they are replaced will probably shed light on who axed who.

Heard the Irish News covers it well today, but havnt seen it yet.

orangeman

In soccer it's called " by mutual agreement".

We all know what that's short for.

FermGael

Interesting .
I wonder has it anything to do with the Celtic job and that McGuinness was not there as much as he had been the previous year and that the lads were doing more work but were not having enough input into team selections?
Jimmy will have to act quick to get somebody in as good as Gallagher whom he can trust to hold the fort when he is away.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Bensars

Quote from: FermGael on September 18, 2013, 12:07:46 PM
Interesting .
I wonder has it anything to do with the Celtic job and that McGuinness was not there as much as he had been the previous year and that the lads were doing more work but were not having enough input into team selections?
Jimmy will have to act quick to get somebody in as good as Gallagher whom he can trust to hold the fort when he is away.

The team remained largely unchanged and it could be argued picked itself.
How do you equate "somebody as good as gallagher"? 

Personally i thought Gallagher seemed to be  very petulant this year. Constantly complaining to referrees, losing cool against oppisition managment, complaining to the press.

Feckitt

Is it true that there is still a fall out within the camp over the whole Paddy McBrearty biting incident?

rrhf

People fall out.  Shit happens.
Rory Gallagher has an immediate chance  to prove Jimmy wrong by going into Fermanagh and improving their lot. 
Everyone wins. 

FermGael

Quote from: rrhf on September 18, 2013, 02:15:47 PM
People fall out.  Shit happens.
Rory Gallagher has an immediate chance  to prove Jimmy wrong by going into Fermanagh and improving their lot. 
Everyone wins.

Think he would be a great improvement but cannot see him being able to deal with the politics in our county board.  A few would still be holding a grudge against him over things that happened during his playing career. It would be great to get him in.  Would certainly move us on to the next level.

As for the ' somebody as good as Gallagher' comment, I personally believe a lot of what Domegal have achieved in the last three years would not have happened without Gallagher.  A very impressive operator who knows a lot about the game.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Bensars

I dont know, thats why im asking. Is your belief based on anything concrete ? or just a personal hunch. 

What was his specific function within the Donegal setup ? What other managerial experience has he other than his involvement in Donegal setup ?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Bensars on September 18, 2013, 03:33:38 PM
I dont know, thats why im asking. Is your belief based on anything concrete ? or just a personal hunch. 

What was his specific function within the Donegal setup ? What other managerial experience has he other than his involvement in Donegal setup ?

Eh, he was the coach. Any newspaper articles since Gallagher began with Donegal in 2011, will say the players rated him highly, and was the best trainer some had worked under. Kevin Cassidy was very impressed with him.

orangeman

orangeman

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theticklemister

Does only one of the McGees brothers speak?

Bk in them oul days him and Rory were big muckers.

orangeman

Quote from: theticklemister on September 22, 2013, 12:55:50 AM
Does only one of the McGees brothers speak?

Bk in them oul days him and Rory were big muckers.

Nearly always ends in tears.

Goldengreen

Update:Damian Diver, John Duffy and Paul McGonigle will be part of the Donegal Back Room team next year