Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: Declan on April 26, 2007, 03:41:05 PM

QuoteAnyone care to comment about the punishment handed down to the person ( I thought it was persons) who offended Simon Webb last week?

Individual banned from Rovers games
26 Apr 2007.PRESS RELEASE - Issued 25.04.07
Following the highly personal verbal abuse suffered by Simon Webb at the Shamrock Rover-Drogheda United game on April 20th at Tolka Park, Shamrock Rovers conducted an investigation into the incident. After studying CCTV footage and receiving several eye witness accounts, the club's board of directors is satisfied that the perpetrator of the abuse has been identified. As a consequence that individual is banned from future Shamrock Rovers games, both home and away, and with immediate effect. The individual has been informed by telephone and is being issued with written confirmation.

Fair play to them - should they name and shame him???
Its all very well on paper but the cant stop their fans throwing pig heads on the the pitch and generally being knackers i'd love to know how they will stop him
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

resdubwhite

Quote from: Declan on April 26, 2007, 03:41:05 PM

QuoteAnyone care to comment about the punishment handed down to the person ( I thought it was persons) who offended Simon Webb last week?

Individual banned from Rovers games
26 Apr 2007.PRESS RELEASE - Issued 25.04.07
Following the highly personal verbal abuse suffered by Simon Webb at the Shamrock Rover-Drogheda United game on April 20th at Tolka Park, Shamrock Rovers conducted an investigation into the incident. After studying CCTV footage and receiving several eye witness accounts, the club's board of directors is satisfied that the perpetrator of the abuse has been identified. As a consequence that individual is banned from future Shamrock Rovers games, both home and away, and with immediate effect. The individual has been informed by telephone and is being issued with written confirmation.

Fair play to them - should they name and shame him???
And tar and feather the f**Ker.

dublinfella

if any one missed it there was a piece on Rovers links to the Tallaght community on RTE's capitald tonight.

http://www.rte.ie/news/capitald/

First 5 1/2 minuites.

Maybe people can start to see what Kennedy is so worried about.

Good to see that they banned the gouger involved in abusing Webb, wonder is that enough for some of the high horses on here.

bottlethrower7

does that mean your average gate is now down to 2,999?

thats terrible

dublinfella

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 26, 2007, 10:48:28 PM
does that mean your average gate is now down to 2,999?

thats terrible

im sure they will cope.

how many sepctators from the row in Tyrone got banned?

Glass houses etc.

his holiness nb

"Good to see that they banned the gouger involved in abusing Webb, wonder is that enough for some of the high horses on here"

If expecting the club to punish a sc**bag who abused a player over his wifes death is being on a high horse then I'm happy to throw on the ould jodphurs and gallop away!

Ask me holy bollix

supersarsfields

how many sepctators from the row in Tyrone got banned?

As far as I know one aswell. What's your point?

hoop

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 27, 2007, 10:29:45 AM
As far as I know one aswell. What's your point?

None. An official maybe, but the fans involved simply drift away and - as usual - nobody knows who they were. Allegedly.

----------

Ardboe official banned for 48 weeks

Thursday, 19 April 2007

An Ardboe club official has been handed a 48-week ban arising from Sunday's abandoned Tyrone Football League game against Dromore. 

Referee Michael Hughes abandoned the game in the second-half after a number of violent incidents had taken place.

In addition to the 12-month ban handed to the Ardboe official, a Dromore player has got a four-week suspension.

Tyrone's competitions control committee has declared the game null and void and fined both clubs a three-figure sum.

The Tyrone county board is not expected to make any official comment on the sanctions for a number of days as both clubs have the option of launching appeals.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Deal_Me_In

The fans weren't involved so why would any of them get suspended? It was the people on the pitch resulting in an official and a player both getting suspended.

supersarsfields

xdeal me in got there ahead of me.

And if your being like that, you expect us to believe it was just one person chanting and it was heard by the player????

his holiness nb

Yeah, the "these people" from the Rovers statement was only one  :D
Ask me holy bollix

tayto

Why couldnt people have shut him up if it was only one person.

Main Street

Quote from: dublinfella on April 26, 2007, 10:38:48 PM
Good to see that they banned the gouger involved in abusing Webb, wonder is that enough for some of the high horses on here.

Never content, prepare yourself for the "Hoops fans grass on supporter" shocker headlines.

hoop

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on April 27, 2007, 11:31:50 AM
The fans weren't involved so why would any of them get suspended?

Violent incidents to be investigated

Monday, 16 April 2007 12:21

GAA chiefs in Tyrone are to probe violent incidents which led to the abandonment of a match between two of the county's top teams at the weekend.

The Division 1A league game between Ardboe and defending champions Dromore was cut short 20 minutes from the end after fighting broke out, involving players and supporters.

Top inter-county referee Michael Hughes, who was officiating at the game, called an end to the action after efforts to restore order failed.

Aodhán Harkin, secretary of the county's Competitions Control Committee, said that an immediate investigation will be ordered, with the Disciplinary Committee set to meet late this week.