Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Good man seanie ;D

Lone Shark hits the nail on the head with his summation.  I took some time out of my horrendously busy schedule to check out the attendance figures on the Eircomloi website and they were waxing lyrical about the huge 17% increase in 2007 from 2006  on average attendances.  It went from 1500 to 1800 approximately.  If Derry have 3000(which I would not doubt) and Shams have, as GR has stated in excess of that, that how many are going to watch the other teams.  I would say Cork have as large a following as Derry.  These figures could not make a professional club self-sustainable by any manner of means.  If Shams have 3000+ attending but only declaring 1500 odd then obviously Mr Cowen has a big interest still in their affairs.

One thing though worries me about this whole thing.  While TD may have a very legitimate case to present, unfortunately we live in a strange(or perhaps corrupt might be a more apt word) country, and do not be surprised if the High Court is "influenced".

behind the wire

lone shark, have you ever considered a career at the four courts?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

AZOffaly

Quotelone shark, have you ever considered a career at the four courts?

He did, but got a suspended sentence :D

Lone Shark

Ex gambling guru turns legal whizz. It has the makings of a beautiful story, but I'm not sure if my ilk would be welcome in such esteemed company....

Those wigs are rather fetching though. 

behind the wire

im telling you shark, esteemed legal practitioners would have been proud of the argument you put forward there, very thorough!!!! the wigs dont come cheap but i have never heard of a poor bookie yet. havent heard much back from good vibrations, dont think he has much more to offer. the lone shark has dished out another lesson by the looks of things.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Good Relations

HaHaHa...All these fancy words and long statements means nothing to me.Im just interested in the day Rovers turn around and give TD and the GAA in general the finger with a hugh smile on their face.You are living in dreamland if you think the GAA will ever set foot in the new stadium.As Ive stated b4 TD are only pre longing there own agony.As regards facts to numbers to matches I have seen with my own two eyes that Rovers categorically get 3000 at least to their matches.What more do ya want.Your stupid idea of some sort of tax dodging scam is laughable at best.All your facts and figures will mean nothing when Rovers set foot in there new soccer only stadium. :D :D

AZOffaly

QuoteI have seen with my own two eyes that Rovers categorically get 3000 at least to their matches

Then why do they not report that? Either your own two eyes are mistaken, or else Rovers are grossly underdeclaring their gate receipts.

tayto

Well, that's us told.  :-*

Luckily long words, logic and facts are the bread and butter for law talking guys, you know, like high court judges.

brokencrossbar1

The tone of that post just sums up the whole approach as far as I can see. 

Good Relations, either you are a liar, Shamrock Rovers are liars or Eircom League are liars in respect of the figures for attendances.  I know who my money is on. 

The simple fact is that you can hide behind your Burberry caps all day but the law eventually comes to the fore.  It is not easy to be granted leave to apply for judicial review therefore TD must, in the eyes of the law at least, have a fairly strong case to argue.  Shams have tried to subvert the law before, they will not get round it this time.

Good Relations

3000 I tells ya...What more proof do ya want.Yous all seem certain that this Judicial Review is deffo paving the for TD.Do you even know what a judicial review is???? Its nothing in legal terms.

magpie seanie

First of all I thought - the mask has slipped. Then something else came to mind.....

Good Relations

And there ya go again. Judging Rovers fans and slagging them off. Honestly the mentality in this place is that of an 8 year old.

tayto

ha ha ha yer priceless you know that. you should do stand up.

brokencrossbar1

Quote3000 I tells ya...What more proof do ya want.Yous all seem certain that this Judicial Review is deffo paving the for TD.Do you even know what a judicial review is? Its nothing in legal terms.

Do you know what it is?  Do you know what resolutions it can grant?  do you know the remit of one? 

Bensars

Quote from: Good Relations on April 12, 2007, 01:36:54 PM
Ha :D :D...Im sure if it became a public affair and was down to the good people of Tallaght what they wanted to see built Im 100% confident that they would want a soccer only stadium and to be honest TD are not making too many friends with all this
::) ::) ::)

Firstly as it is public money involved, all taxpayers will have an interest.

Secondly in regards of Public support and the fact that TD are making no friends. The intercounty championship is due to start, as are many individual county championships. TD could petition many of these games the length and breath of the country and you would be astounded as to how much support they will recieve.

In every county in ireland there are clubs that have facilities, funded by themselves by hard graft, determination and the voluntary ethos of the GAA, that would put Shamrock Rovers to shame. Good relations, you forget, that as an association, the GAA has always though of those coming after them, to have an infrastructure in place as oppossed to the pay me brigade that have cleaned your sporting organisation.

Please answer Lonesharks queries with hard undisputable evidence, then you will be taken seriously !!  Otherwise you are exposing yourself and your cronies as the muppets, i and many others belive you to be!