Cork v Clare All Ireland SHC Final Sunday 8th September 3.30pm

Started by CitySlicker11, August 22, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Clare were great in both halves, but the ref ruined the first one.

Second half improved as Cork came into it.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2013, 05:42:29 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 08, 2013, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 08, 2013, 05:32:03 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 08, 2013, 05:23:31 PM
What a game. Took a while to get going but unbelievable last 20 minutes.

You're not allowed to say that. Quick say something negative to make up for it.
It was an brilliant game, especially the exciting second half. Hurling is the second best game in the world. The referee was cat The pundits refuse to see anything negative, whereas the football pundits tend to concentrate on the negative.

+1

Rossfan, you left out the letter 'n' at the end of the word 'an'. Otherwise a top-notch post.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

waterfordlad

Great game. The goals kept Cork in it and looked liked they could have snatched a win but the corner back saves Clare with last puck of ball. Cork might question why it wasn't blown up earlier but they got two frees in first half that should have gone the other way which helped keep them in game. Also O'Neill lucky to not be sent off early on for hitting Honan who ended up getting yellow carded too! Everyone will look forward to replay now.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 08, 2013, 07:18:46 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2013, 05:42:29 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 08, 2013, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 08, 2013, 05:32:03 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 08, 2013, 05:23:31 PM
What a game. Took a while to get going but unbelievable last 20 minutes.

You're not allowed to say that. Quick say something negative to make up for it.
It was an brilliant game, especially the exciting second half. Hurling is the second best game in the world. The referee was cat The pundits refuse to see anything negative, whereas the football pundits tend to concentrate on the negative.

+1

Rossfan, you left out the letter 'n' at the end of the word 'an'. Otherwise a top-notch post.

Rossfan, you big tube, were you watching this stick fighting craic instead of attending Eire Og-Tulsk? >:(

Rossfan

I'm afraid Éire Óg and Tulsk would be too exciting for me ::).
However I'll make up for it next Sunday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gerrykeegan

Fair Fucks to Nash. After a game like that he remembered Barry Kelly's wife, I think he said it brought the result into prospective.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

muppet

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 08, 2013, 08:47:21 PM
Fair f**ks to Nash. After a game like that he remembered Barry Kelly's wife, I think he said it brought the result into prospective.

It was a classy interview alright.
MWWSI 2017

The Worker

AQMP

Poor enough first half, Clare should have been 7 or 8 up.  Ref kept Cork in it and his display over the 70-odds mins was shocking.  An obvious red for O'Neill which he bottled by giving yellows to both players.  Very entertaining 2nd half, 'twould have been the greatest robbery since the Northern Bank had Cork won, and Clare deserved at least a second day out.

Davy Fitz not one bit happy!

Nash's free taking technique...should that be allowed?  He actually strikes the ball at least 5-6 metres from the point of the free.  Backfired on him in the first half when Kelly almost met him on the 13m line.

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on September 08, 2013, 08:54:00 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 08, 2013, 08:47:21 PM
Fair f**ks to Nash. After a game like that he remembered Barry Kelly's wife, I think he said it brought the result into prospective.

It was a classy interview alright.

Yes, as you get older you have to give credit to a young lad like that (after an AI final and disappointment). When I was his age I don't think I would have had such decency! Fair dues!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sonny Joe

Quote from: AQMP on September 08, 2013, 09:09:16 PM
Poor enough first half, Clare should have been 7 or 8 up.  Ref kept Cork in it and his display over the 70-odds mins was shocking.  An obvious red for O'Neill which he bottled by giving yellows to both players.  Very entertaining 2nd half, 'twould have been the greatest robbery since the Northern Bank had Cork won, and Clare deserved at least a second day out.

Davy Fitz not one bit happy!

Nash's free taking technique...should that be allowed?  He actually strikes the ball at least 5-6 metres from the point of the free.  Backfired on him in the first half when Kelly almost met him on the 13m line.

It is something that will have to be looked at because the penalty should be hit from the 21, his technique is designed to get the ball a lot closer to the goals than any other  I have seen, a form of cheating within the rules if you get my meaning, needs looked at ASAP.

Nonetheless it was a great second half.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

All of a Sludden

The GAA have confirmed that tickets for the All-Ireland SHC final replay between Clare and Cork will be priced at reduced rates.
What has already been a championship to remember will be extended by another few weeks following today's dramatic 0-25 to 3-16 draw between the sides.
The much-anticipated replay will take place at Croke Park on Saturday, September 28, with the throw-in time to be rubber-stamped by the Central Competitions Control Committee tomorrow.
This means the All-Ireland Ladies football finals, scheduled for the following day (Sunday, September 29), will go ahead as planned.
The Association moved last year's Ladies football deciders from September 30 to October 7 following the drawn hurling final between Kilkenny and Galway, but there will be no such alterations this time.
Tickets for the September 28 rematch of Clare and Cork are priced as follows - stand €50 (down from €80) and terrace €25 (down from €40).
The GAA will also be making juvenile tickets available for €10, for supporters from Clare and Cork only.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

No1

What a game. Referee was at best incompetent and at worst biased. Sure the small fish live to swim another day!

Wildweasel74

THEY ARE NOT MISSING THE REF ON THE SUNDAY GAME ON HIS PERFORMANCE