The Sean Cavanagh Song

Started by Any craic, August 19, 2013, 09:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

7300 views in 24 hours.. an early psychological blow for Tyrone ahead of Sunday? As usual, you either thing Datsun is the devil or hilarious. Either way, it's only a bit of craic http://www.jeromequinnmedia.com/video/Features/Tyrone/The-Sean-Cavanagh-Song---by-Datsun-Donaghy-1220

Orangemac

Surely a song to the tune of The Boxer should be about Conor Gormley?

Puckoon

give her dixie

Great to see Datsun back, and well done Jerome on the video.

A great bit of comic value in the lead up to what should be a great game.

No doubt the chorus will be sang with great gusto on Sunday in a few of the local pubs......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

BennyCake

Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2013, 11:41:45 PM
Great to see Datsun back, and well done Jerome on the video.

A great bit of comic value in the lead up to what should be a great game.

No doubt the chorus will be sang with great gusto on Sunday in a few of the local pubs......

Comic value? Really?!

Keepthefaith93

That is awful. I hope Donaghmore don't need to much for their new pitch.

Mayo4Sam

My ears are bleeding, they've suceeded in every neutral rooting for Mayo in the hope that song is never heard again
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

NAG1

Seriously is this guy not just having a side ways swipe at all things GAA.

Yes we can be proud of rural / country heritage, but is there any reason why we always have to make ourselves out to be complete and utter gombeens?

This is modern forward thinking organisation and yet we have to put up with this drivel every year.

I know it is supposed to be a bit of craic and all that but I find it completely cringe worthy and embarrassing.

T Fearon

Poor effort from Datsun, who was quite witty back in the mid noughties when Armagh and Tyrone rivalry was at its, but this song contains not one iota of humour. Datsun should stick to promoting Hughes Insurance.

snoopdog

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 20, 2013, 09:52:58 AM
My ears are bleeding, they've suceeded in every neutral rooting for Mayo in the hope that song is never heard again
i dont think a song is required for that. ;D ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on August 20, 2013, 04:34:50 PM
Poor effort from Datsun, who was quite witty back in the mid noughties when Armagh and Tyrone rivalry was at its, but this song contains not one iota of humour. Datsun should stick to promoting Hughes Insurance.

Datsun should just go away, and give everyone's head peace.

take_yer_points

Quote from: BennyCake on August 20, 2013, 07:36:59 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 20, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Datsun should just go away, and give everyone's head peace.

Couldn't agree more

sheamy

It's absolutely rotten and I want nothing to do with that

T Fearon

Anyone else think that like Ernie Wise, Conor Grimes doesn't really cut the mustard without his sidekick, Alan Mc Kee?

Having said that he was quite funny in the Donegal Catch ad.

T Fearon

Other Simon and Garfunkel songs that could be applied to Sean Cavanagh:

Like a bridge over troubled water (I will pull you down)

Slip divin' away

The Sound of Silence (duet with Joe Brolly)