Wee Oscar Knox

Started by Nally Stand, August 16, 2013, 12:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Rois on April 17, 2014, 11:31:06 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 17, 2014, 11:05:53 AM
Sometimes we don't realise how good we have it.

I was thinking that to myself this morning too.  Leona was the year below me in school in Strabane - flip it was so easy back then, little did any of us imagine what she would have to go through.

Is his mother from Strabane?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Black Card

She moved to Belfast when she got married, not sure if she is actually from Strabane.

Rois

Togetherforsam

My wife and I got to know the Knox family over the last year. Our son, Sam, was diagnosed with the same type of cancer as Oscar, high risk neuroblastoma, last Jan. He is in remission now and doing well and we pray he stays like that. The public's support for our little boy was immense and we remain forever thankful to everyone.

The reason I am posting is to just let people know how supportive the Knox family has been to us, even with all they have went through and are going through. Oscar is of course an inspiration to us all and he and his family are never far from our thoughts and prayers.

As other people have said it puts all else in perspective. I often think if everyone could spend a few days on the children's cancer unit their lives would be changed for the better. The bravery of these kids is hard to describe and how they can find time to display such joy and happiness during what they are going through is a constant source of amazement for me.

Oscar continues to show that bravery, continues to live life to the fullest that he can and continues to inspire us all. As do his family.

Black Card

Togetherforsam, I wish your son every blessing for the future and hopefully he will continue to improve, I have been privileged to know Leona and met Oscar on several occasions,  the bravery of the children and their parents who are going through dark times like this is something the rest of us find hard to comprehend.

grounded

Hi Togetherforsam,
                           My niece was diagnosed with high risk Neuroblastoma in the summer of 2012, like your son she is now in remission and I pray each day this will remain so. Although I will probably never fully understand what Sam,you and your wife and my niece, brother and his wife went through, I have had a glimpse into the lives of the children and their parents affected by this terrible condition.
                        Like you said, my visits to the Hospital for sick children had a profound effect on me. Things that seem really important at the time pale into insignificance when you see what those children face. On many of her visits for treatment she would tell me matter of factually that some of her friends she met in hospital weren't there anymore and had gone to heaven, it was all I could do to hold back my tears and in fact I could cry now thinking about it.
                        The kindness and professionalism shown by the hospital staff under the most intense pressure was amazing and we are forever grateful. I believe most people are inherently good and this was only reinforced when I seen the kindness, prayers, generosity and good wishes she received from everyone including people we had never met before. It was a real boost for her when things were tough.
                         Sam, Oscar, Karina and all the other children and their families are the real heroes and offer inspiration to the rest of us. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

nrico2006

Togetherforsam and Grounded, I can only admire yourselves and your families for being so strong for the children that are going through such bad illnesses.  I hope both children keep on the right road and make full recoveries.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 17, 2014, 04:07:36 PM
Togetherforsam and Grounded, I can only admire yourselves and your families for being so strong for the children that are going through such bad illnesses.  I hope both children keep on the right road and make full recoveries.   

+1.  Thoughts & prayers to all involved.

EC Unique

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on April 17, 2014, 04:45:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 17, 2014, 04:07:36 PM

+1.  Thoughts & prayers to all involved.

Same as lads. Children mean so much more than anything else. God bless.

Up The Middle

No child nor family deserves this, it breaks my heart to read about it, i cannot imagine the pain of watching your child go through this. This wee man has had a smile on his face from day one, he is a credit to his parents, if ever someone derserves a miracle its him.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: The Oscar Knox AppealOur beautiful, amazing and much loved son Oscar James Knox gained his angel wings yesterday afternoon. Sleep tight little man. We love you so much! Xxx

Sleep well wee man, you put up a hell of fight.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

glens abu

Oh so sad to hear this,such a wee star and fighter.

Bensars

very sad to hear this news, RIP wee man. He captured a lot of peoples hearts

Bingo

RIP. Sad yet inspirational story.

stephenite