So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Ms McCollum Connolly said: "I didn't realise drugs were so big here but it happens all the time. The police have said they see girls like us all the time. We've resigned ourselves to the fact that we're not going home soon and are doing jail time here."

Ms Reid and Ms McCollum Connolly said they were given the 24lb (11kg) of cocaine outside their hotel, the Hotel Colonial San Agustin in the capital Lima, the day before were due to fly back to Spain.
Speaking from inside police headquarters in Lima, Ms Reid told one newspaper: "I was the one who went to pick up the drugs outside our hotel.

Should they not be saying anything until they get a solicitor? Story changing all the time ffs!!

As for Phil Collins nephew being involved, that's just another headline that looks good in the papers, he's been in jail over there since April of last year ff.

The bit that annoys me is that they are still saying they were not sure of what they had to bring back, they didn't know until they got to the airport if it was drugs, guns, money, or Quaker (quackers) Oats!!! The Peruvian currency must be popular in Spain, guns?? are they mental thinking taking guns to an airport would be ok??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Story in Belfast Telegraph suggesting that Phil Collins nephew is involved in all of this as well. Seems to me there are too many people causing toom many problems in this Land of Confusion.

Milltown Row2

Look there are "both sides to every story" here and there won't be "another day in Paradise" and their "true colours" will come out!!  Because "Something happened on the way to heaven"

I could go on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

He told her not to rush through check in, saying "You can't hurry, love!"

Asal Mor

I feel a bit sorry for the two girls because of their age but their excuses are ludicrous. I'd imagine that bullsh!t won't get them anywhere with the Peruvian justice system either. They'd have been better off telling the truth.

armaghniac

Probably, their best plan is to offer as much info as possible and try for a deal on the sentence, maybe serving some in UK.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

God14

Hopefully there parents will drill that in to them when they arrive there. Time for the truth. Cooperate fully. Behave well. They could be home in 2 1/2" years.

give her dixie

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 15, 2013, 12:06:55 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on August 15, 2013, 09:48:42 AM
I spent a month in Peru a few years back, and going by what I was told by hostel and hotel owners,
every level of police and customs are corrupt. The advice they give out to travellers is to carry a seperate amount
of cash in order to bribe a policeman if caught doing something petty. I heard plenty of stories of people
who were able to bribe cops with anything from 10 to 100 dollars.

Needless to say, a hundred dollars wouldn't have helped these girls, but hey, it wouldn't surprise me if they
were set up to get caught in order to allow a bigger shipment to go through. After all, the stash they had would only
be worth a few thousand to the local suppliers, and well worth the sacrifice.

Alcohol and tobacco kill way more people than illegal drugs do, yet they are legal and people caught smuggling
either never seem to spend any time in prison or have a social stigma attached to them. The sooner certain drugs
are legalized the better.

This case will run for a while and hopefully the truth will come out, and until then, we have no idea what happened.
Both sets of families are going through hell right now, and I for one can only feel for them.

As bad as the case is, they didn't kill anyone, and they were not carrying bombs or guns.

Girl from Dungannon gets caught with a large amount of cocaine, a highly addictive, illegal drug. Man from Dungannon has a list of excuses as long as your arm and tries to compare cocaine to alcohol and tobacco.

I think we are seeing a pattern here.

Sludden, not making any excuses, just trying to shed some light on facts.

In the UK over 100,000 deaths per year are directly linked to alcohol and tobacco, whereas roughly 2,500 people
die from illegal drug use. the majority of those from heroin overdoses.

Several studies have found that nicotine is more addictive than cocaine.

But hey, don't lets facts get in the way.......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

supersub

Have to laugh at all the experts in here who seem to know exactly how the Peruvian law, justice system, drug lords etc work. No one has a clue really and it is all second guessing. One person claiming the Peruvian police are the best in South America and are on huge wages to justify it, then others saying it is completely corrupt. We are all reading and getting info from the same places on this matter, no one really knows more than the next.

Asal Mor

Quote from: supersub on August 15, 2013, 01:51:40 PM
Have to laugh at all the experts in here who seem to know exactly how the Peruvian law, justice system, drug lords etc work. No one has a clue really and it is all second guessing. One person claiming the Peruvian police are the best in South America and are on huge wages to justify it, then others saying it is completely corrupt. We are all reading and getting info from the same places on this matter, no one really knows more than the next.

Aye, but if we only posted on matters that we're genuinely expert on, most of us wouldn't reach 10 posts.

southdown

Youtube that Banged Up Abroad in Peru, watched it last night and was very interesting.

Asal Mor

Quote from: southdown on August 15, 2013, 02:03:19 PM
Youtube that Banged Up Abroad in Peru, watched it last night and was very interesting.

It's a brilliant show. Always nerve-jangling stuff even though you kind of know what's going to happen.

Milltown Row2

Aye but is it factual? Supersub may tell ya different

I remember watching Midnight Express when I was about 14, the sweat was lashing off me during the scene in the airport ffs and I was only watching a film, can you imagine having the knackers to do it for real?? That should be shown in schools (just that scene as the rest of the film isn't the best)

T Fearon

Good to see they're "resigned" to a jail sentence. That shows a maturity beyond the years they'll be banged up for.

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2013, 02:09:23 PM

Aye but is it factual? Supersub may tell ya different

I remember watching Midnight Express when I was about 14, the sweat was lashing off me during the scene in the airport ffs and I was only watching a film, can you imagine having the knackers to do it for real?? That should be shown in schools (just that scene as the rest of the film isn't the best)

MR2 Thank you, have been trying to think of the name of the film from the start of this thread, hopefully their experiences wont just be quite a bad as those depicted in that.