So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Gaffer on August 14, 2013, 12:06:55 AM
I was 20 a long time ago.

They wouldn't have known  it was going to be such  a large amount.

Sure that makes it ok, doesn't it?

MR is right, if this was some young Peruvian gangbanger covered in tattoos and scars (who believe me, would likely have had a muc tougher upbringing than these two girls) and he got stopped at Dublin airport (or a US airport for you Iceman), nobody would be clamouring for the guards to realise that he was "somebody's son".

The fact that these are young, attractive white girls from home or near home should have no bearing whatsoever on how this case is viewed, so all of you with your sanctimonious shite about how we're all miserable bastards with no empathy can shove it up your hole.

Lecale2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2013, 09:56:00 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on August 14, 2013, 09:40:02 AM
How do you know all this?

Why wouldn't it be plausible? In terms of wages they wouldn't get a wile lot of money when working in an airport, getting paid to let ones through and catch others would be as said a win win for everyone concerned.

The drug dealers are telling the girls the truth, the workers are paid off to let people through, just left out the bit that they will let the other ones through instead.

I still don't think they are "drugged", they are talking well (not slurred) they are making sense and whispering among themselves

Why let them find 11kg of very valuable coke when 1kg would achieve the same result? It doesn't add up.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 14, 2013, 10:04:17 AM

Why wouldn't it be plausible? In terms of wages they wouldn't get a wile lot of money when working in an airport, getting paid to let ones through and catch others would be as said a win win for everyone concerned.

The drug dealers are telling the girls the truth, the workers are paid off to let people through, just left out the bit that they will let the other ones through instead.

I still don't think they are "drugged", they are talking well (not slurred) they are making sense and whispering among themselves

Why let them find 11kg of very valuable coke when 1kg would achieve the same result? It doesn't add up.

It's about PR, better to have $1m worth of drugs off the street that €100k.  I'll tell you what doesn't add up is the amount of 'coverage' of the arrest and the recording of conversations and 'interviews' with the girls.  Something stinks here.

gallsman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 14, 2013, 10:14:42 AM

It's about PR, better to have $1m worth of drugs off the street that €100k.  I'll tell you what doesn't add up is the amount of 'coverage' of the arrest and the recording of conversations and 'interviews' with the girls.  Something stinks here.

Is it out of the ordinary in general? Or is it only out of the ordinary due to the fact it involves a local and therefore we pay attention?

Bingo

Rather than been drugged up in the video and in other pictures I've seen, I just get the impression that the two girls think this is going to be sorted out fairly sharply and that the seriousness of the situation hasn't sunk in.

They seem very casual and relaxed about the whole thing.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tintin25

Quote from: southdown on August 14, 2013, 10:05:08 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/peru-drug-arrests-melissa-michaella-2162982

Sounds like complete and utter lies if you ask me. Next we'll be hearing of the role that Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy played in all of this!

supersub

Some of the comments on here are quite cynical and given no one knows the actual story quite ridiculous. If you had been threatened with your life and your family members lives and held at gun point, thrown in with strangers etc you certainly wouldn't resist or fight back or go against the orders of whoever is forcing the issue on you - anyone who says different is lying. Similarly if they did have a choice and went about this to make easy money and their story is completely fabricated then they only have themselves to blame and probably deserve whatever punishment they have coming their way.

God14

I don't buy it myself, I think they've made up a pack of lies in the hope for sympathy from the media & relevant authorities.

I reckon the most likely scenario & course of events is a complete replica of the episode of banged up abroad - Krista and Jennifer's Story/Peruvian Prison Nightmare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvSGY69XnX4
I watched this last night on youtube and there are a lot of similarities.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: supersub on August 14, 2013, 11:06:22 AM
Some of the comments on here are quite cynical and given no one knows the actual story quite ridiculous. If you had been threatened with your life and your family members lives and held at gun point, thrown in with strangers etc you certainly wouldn't resist or fight back or go against the orders of whoever is forcing the issue on you - anyone who says different is lying. Similarly if they did have a choice and went about this to make easy money and their story is completely fabricated then they only have themselves to blame and probably deserve whatever punishment they have coming their way.

You probably think that Lance Armstrong was innocent ;) If some posters comments have been cynical what would yours be? 

But yeah when the facts come out do you think the girls will stick to their story? I think the story could be half true but they had plenty of chances to walk away from it. I doubt very much London or Colombian Gangsters are going to head to Dungannon or Glasgow for a "hit" Have they never seen the film The long Good Friday?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cold tea

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2013, 11:29:50 AM
Quote from: supersub on August 14, 2013, 11:06:22 AM

You probably think that Lance Armstrong was innocent ;) If some posters comments have been cynical what would yours be? 

But yeah when the facts come out do you think the girls will stick to their story? I think the story could be half true but they had plenty of chances to walk away from it. I doubt very much London or Colombian Gangsters are going to head to Dungannon or Glasgow for a "hit" Have they never seen the film The long Good Friday?

Maybe they would only go if the hit was Peter Kay.  ;D  As for their story - do they walk about with their passports with them!

Asal Mor

Kilos of coke are ten a penny in Peru. I heard you can buy a kilo from a pound shop in Lima.

All of a Sludden

These girls were in Peru for one reason and one reason only, easy money. They weren't threatened, neither were their friends or families. They moved to Ibiza, a known party island, for a good time and looking at the pics on facebook and elsewhere they were certainly getting it. Anyone who is a dancer/hostess/whatever you want to call it, in one of these super clubs isn't wet behind the ears, she/they knew what they were getting themselves in to, knew the risks and equally knew what the reward would be if they were to make it back to Spain.
If they had been successful they would have made some serious money for what would have been a few days work and they would now be living it large again in Ibiza. They got caught and we are now seeing crocodile tears and they are looking for an easy way out. Of course their families are in shock and will do all they can to help them, but the reality is they were caught red handed with a large amount of Bolivian marching powder and they are facing a long stretch behind bars in a foreign country where human rights, especially for drugs smugglers, aren't that high on the agenda.
Drug couriers are regularly caught at Irish ports and airports, we don't go down the sympathy route (somebody's son/daughter) in these cases and we shouldn't now. Let them rot.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Milltown Row2

So a few things, the girls didn't know each other prior to going?

The cartel members find out about their new mules, including family members, addresses, phone numbers, plus pictures of loved ones.

Michaella was put on a ferry to Majorca while the other one was in Madrid

Then the other one was brought back to Majorca and is this where they first meet up?

They are also devoid of all make-up and looking withdrawn!! Seriously??

Then they mention of having a fun time in Palma

They then went back to Madrid??? One went first (to Peru) on her own the the other a day later, they then flew to Cuzco picked up drugs and flew back to the same airport in Lima, thats when the sniffer dogs picked them up.

Michaella added: "As we sit in jail I just can't help thinking there is some young British girl in Ibiza in the same situation we were two weeks ago."

I doubt we'll need Columbo for this