Castlederg

Started by armaghniac, August 09, 2013, 08:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Whatever about the pros and cons of the parade in Castlederg, it is not a town known for good community relations, I always think of Castlederg and Kilkeel as the prime examples of divided small towns.

With the flegs etc in Belfast you are often dealing with people living in ghettos who never meet a Catholic and who have stereotypical ignorant views of the South etc. Even "nationalists" in Belfast are disconnected from normal Irish life, as overnight events show. But in Castlederg these loyalists do know Catholics, they do buy their diesel in the South and normal Irish life all around them, including the likes of the GAA with recent Donegal/Tyrone rivalry.

What does it say about the future of the country that such places remain so bitter and divided?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jeepers Creepers

I was wondering how there is community relations in a town that is decked out in red, white & blue!?

Wildweasel74

will it be the same craic as the carry on in belfast the nite, belfats really is the sectarian cess pit i knew it was, 12 yrs working there nothing changed, best part of belfast? The M2 it the f**king way out of it to sensible parts of northern ireland. the only things enjoying the riot are the police dogs, seem well up for it on tv, its like watching Alpha dogs on sky!!

T Fearon

Was in Belfast city centre at 5pm today,1 hour later than I planned to be,and witnessed processions of what can only be described as bad looking f..Kers through Donegall Square obviously making their way to Royal Avenue.Should this not have been prevented?

Jeepers Creepers

Stop by Andytown Wiesel, peace and tranquility with festival fever  :D

glens abu

Quote from: T Fearon on August 09, 2013, 10:19:58 PM
Was in Belfast city centre at 5pm today,1 hour later than I planned to be,and witnessed processions of what can only be described as bad looking f..Kers through Donegall Square obviously making their way to Royal Avenue.Should this not have been prevented?

Yes and PC made a balls allowing 6 protests with up to 3/400 in each,they only allow150 at St.Patricks Chapel so why allow so many UVF and OO

Jeepers Creepers

I live there! making sure he doesn't tar all of Belfast with the same brush.

lawnseed

I'm listening to Arlene (cuts her hair with a breadknife) foster she reckons the commemoration should take place in Donegal where two of the volunteers were killed. good plan Arlene.

that must by why she celebrates the battle of the boyne in Drogheda. and the somme remembrance in france and on and on.

great move by sinn fein they now have the loyalists NOT wanting parades :) hope it goes well
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

any word on how its going seems to be no news on telly

glens abu

Quote from: lawnseed on August 11, 2013, 04:03:25 PM
any word on how its going seems to be no news on telly

Yes all passed off without any trouble and Tyrones dead volunteers were remembered with the respect they deserve.

Wildweasel74

Always knew country people were different from them maniac city slickers, no burning cars, petrol bombs, bricks etc, peaceful protest duelly noted. At the end of the day what does this say about the people in Belfast, except maybe there no "no-go" areas out in the sticks

Maguire01

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 11, 2013, 06:24:38 PM
Always knew country people were different from them maniac city slickers, no burning cars, petrol bombs, bricks etc, peaceful protest duelly noted. At the end of the day what does this say about the people in Belfast, except maybe there no "no-go" areas out in the sticks
You don't tend to have the 'recreational rioters' outside the cities and big towns.

lawnseed

I saw a few clips on utv seems to have went well. there'll need to be one organised for each county on a more formal basis. there were a few volunteers in the markethill area and portadown that need proper tribute.

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on August 11, 2013, 07:07:09 PM
I saw a few clips on utv seems to have went well. there'll need to be one organised for each county on a more formal basis. there were a few volunteers in the markethill area and portadown that need proper tribute.
Yes, great idea, we definitely need more parades.

Aaron Boone

Loughmacrory 2-9 Castlederg 0-7 in Tyrone Div 3 today.