Are GAA shorts too short?

Started by Eamonnca1, August 08, 2013, 11:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

What is it with GAA shorts? I've seen at least two occasions of a player's manhood slipping out from under the fabric and being caught on camera.

These short shorts look ridiculous. Time to add a bit of length to them.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 08, 2013, 11:05:50 PM
What is it with GAA shorts? I've seen at least two occasions of a player's manhood slipping out from under the fabric and being caught on camera.

Would that not make the problem you identified worse?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 08, 2013, 11:05:50 PM

To his manhood?

I played through the 80's and the shorts were ridiculously short, must be coming around again. I preferred them over the soccer style ones that came out in the 00's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

what these guys going commando, they never hear of underwear lol

Syferus

Sure doesn't almost everyone wear compression shorts underneath the kit shorts these days? You'd be daft not to.

Eamonnca1

If they were any skimpier they'd be Speedos.

theticklemister

Ffs another stupid thread Tony........sorry force of habit I mean Eamonn

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

armaghniac

QuoteWhat is it with GAA shorts? I've seen at least two occasions of a player's manhood slipping out from under the fabric and being caught on camera.

Another example of inappropriate tackle? Or just a load of bollocks?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

fearglasmor

Did you ever notice that if for example, you were thinking of buying a car, and maybe you had one particular make and model in mind.  All of a sudden  you'll see loads of them on the road, when before you never really noticed them. Sort of,  you only see something when you are looking for it, kinda thing.

Eamonnca1

I'm glad you brought that up. The colours of cars in America have become extremely dull and boring. Everywhere I look I see silver, silver, grey, silver, black, silver, white, grey, beige, silver, silver, grey, grey blue, grey, etc.  So when you live in the land of boring car colours you get accustomed to one type of colour and a yellow car becomes very noticeable.

Likewise, when you live in the land of sports where shorts are a certain length, the sight of skimpy shorts in another sport becomes a lot more noticeable.

I don't have a problem with skimpy gear on ladies volleyball players and what have you, but in mens' field sports they should cover a bit more up IMHO.

fingerbob

At the other end of the spectrum, the length of some shorts I've seen in the states border on the ridiculous.

Jinxy

If I can stop my manhood falling out of my shorts, anyone can.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Bord na Mona man

Just over a decade ago, GAA shorts were like Speedos, so be glad for the partial improvement.

Hardy

Drunk on train, fly open, everything on view. Little old lady sitting opposite nervously points and says, "errr ... it's sticking out". Bleary-eyed drunk looks at her, looks down, looks back at her. "Don't flatter yourself, madam", he says. "It's HANGING out."