Dublin vs Kerry - Sunday September 1st

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 05, 2013, 03:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: J OGorman on September 01, 2013, 05:51:13 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 01, 2013, 05:37:44 PM
True but that's balanced by the soft peno in the first half

Soft? You tackle a man further out the pitch around the neck its a foul and yellow.  No different in the wee square

Dont Matter. .you're some pollution sir

Maybe not the game of the decade, but right up there

i thought o'rouke called it right, he defiantly charged at cluxton and if cluxton hadnt brought the arm up round the neck it would have been a free out. once he did that though , it was certain to be a penalty
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

INDIANA

Quote from: seafoid on September 01, 2013, 07:12:24 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2013, 06:43:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 01, 2013, 06:06:39 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 01, 2013, 05:54:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 01, 2013, 05:47:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 01, 2013, 05:22:39 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 01, 2013, 05:12:21 PM
Tomas O Se deserves a special mention after another brilliant display for about 45 mins but unfortunately like a few other great Kerry stalwarts the body gets to a stage where it won't responds to what the mind wants. Big rebuilding job ahead for Kerry. Mayo will be happy tonight however. The quality of this game is already being seriously overhyped.

Game was riddled with loose marking and mistakes. Reminded me of the AI semi final between Dublin and Mayo in 2006!

I thought McStay's "game of the decade" comment was ridiculous.

We're all aware that Ulster can bring the game to the other extreme, but there is a happy medium. It is possible to have a good intense game with attacking football, superb passing AND good defending. I remember the hype way back in the early 2000s over a Kerry v Galway game (the AI final one?) with lots of loose marking and nice score taking. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but to me it was like watching a challenge match. Nice football and exhibition of the skills are vital, of course, but you have to have the intensity and suspense when you're talking "game of the season/decade" stuff.

Challenge match? No player left anything out on that pitch. Was a a dose of fresh air compared to the sh1te fests Donegal have served us recently

To clarify, the "challenge match" comment was about the Kerry-Galway game hype  I mentioned in the previous sentence in that paragraph. Although that match today was certainly lacking intensity, for me. Exciting at times with some nice football, yes. Game of the decade level? Not a chance!

And yes, Donegal were awful this year.

We're helping to bring football back to the people along with Kerry and Mayo. You're welcome to play rugby league over in the UK next year. I hear they are looking for some new entrants. You'd do well over there.

There is a reaosn why Donegal couldn't participate in a game like that today.

Because you're not good enough. Challenge match intensity- what a load of rubbish. Similar to the rubbish football we've been subjected to by your players masquerading as Gaelic Footballers

I won't be too disappointed if we lose the final. Mayo play the game the way it should be played. let the best team win.

Commiserations to Kerry- little bit of tweaking for them to do but they'll be back sooner rather then later hopefully. Simply because they play the game the way it was envisaged in 1884.
Bollocks.
Donegal were immense last year.

Immense my arse. If you think I'm going to sit back and listen to some of their fan piss all over a great game of football in preference to the absolute dross they dished up last year you've another thing coming

Challenge match intensity my arse.

Farrandeelin

Brilliant game. Dublin were the best team, but Kerry sowed enough seeds of doubt in their minds for them to be able to hang in there. I predicted Dublin to just about shade it, despite other people around here saying Kerry would win. I thought Walsh charged with the ball myself before Cluxton put up the hand, once he put the hand neck high, there was always one outcome though. I suppose Kerry will be annoyed about the non-awarding of a yellow to Johnny Cooper.

The final will be a massive task for Mayo though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Wildweasel74

Donegal are not good enough to play this type of football like a number of teams in the country, last time they tried Cork opened them up with ease

muppet

MWWSI 2017

J70

Tomas O Se deserves a special mention after another brilliant display for about 45 mins but unfortunately like a few other great Kerry stalwarts the body gets to a stage where it won't responds to what the mind wants. Big rebuilding job ahead for Kerry. Mayo will be happy tonight however. The quality of this game is already being seriously overhyped.

Game was riddled with loose marking and mistakes. Reminded me of the AI semi final between Dublin and Mayo in 2006!

it all aware that Ulster can bring the game to the other extreme, but there is a happy medium. It is possible to have a good intense game with attacking football, superb passing AND good defending. I remember the hype way back in the early 2000s over a Kerry v Galway game (the AI final one?) with lots of loose marking and nice score taking. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but to me it was like watching a challenge match. Nice football and exhibition of the skills are vital, of course, but you have to have the intensity and suspense when you're talking "game of the season/decade" stuff.

Challenge match? No player left anything out on that pitch. Was a a dose of fresh air compared to the sh1te fests Donegal have served us recently

To clarify, the "challenge match" comment was about the Kerry-Galway game hype  I mentioned in the previous sentence in that paragraph. Although that match today was certainly lacking intensity, for me. Exciting at times with some nice football, yes. Game of the decade level? Not a chance!

We're helping to bring football back to the people along with Kerry and Mayo. You're welcome to play rugby league over in the UK next year. I hear they are looking for some new entrants. You'd do well over there.

Because you're not good enough. Challenge match intensity- what a load of rubbish. Similar to the rubbish football we've been subjected to by your players masquerading as Gaelic Footballers

I won't be too disappointed if we lose the final. Mayo play the game the way it should be played. let the best team win.

Commiserations to Kerry- little bit of tweaking for them to do but they'll be back sooner rather then later hopefully. Simply because they play the game the way it was envisaged in 1884.

Yeah, I figured you, being the clown you are, would be along to overreact, as usual, to an innocuous comment. I was talking about McStay's "game of the decade" comment and comparing to all the hype a decade or so back to a Kerry-Galway shotfest where barely a hand was put in in an attempt to make a tackle. I didn't say today was like a challenge match. I said I thought it lacked intensity. I understand if you thought it was intense given your vested interest. As for the rest of your usual hyperbole, don't worry, it looks like your nemesis McGuinness will be gone soon enough!

rodney trotter

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 01, 2013, 06:03:28 PM
Challenge match lol, hell no, this is the way gaelic football should be played for a spectator sport, not the crap Donegal brought to the table last year. If Donegal were good enough they play this way but havent got the players to do this, and hence revert to this ultra defensive style to try and turn teams over

That's a ridiculous statement to be honest. Donegal scored 2-18 in the Ulster Final last year. They clearly weren't as defensive as 2011. Anyway not every team can play all out attack with electric pace.

Dublin and Mayo have been class to watch this year but its hard to expect every team to play that type of football if they haven't that type of player.

INDIANA

Quote from: J70 on September 01, 2013, 07:27:36 PM

it all aware that Ulster can bring the game to the other extreme, but there is a happy medium. It is possible to have a good intense game with attacking football, superb passing AND good defending. I remember the hype way back in the early 2000s over a Kerry v Galway game (the AI final one?) with lots of loose marking and nice score taking. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but to me it was like watching a challenge match. Nice football and exhibition of the skills are vital, of course, but you have to have the intensity and suspense when you're talking "game of the season/decade" stuff.

Yeah, I figured you, being the clown you are, would be along to overreact, as usual, to an innocuous comment. I was talking about McStay's "game of the decade" comment and comparing to all the hype a decade or so back to a Kerry-Galway shotfest where barely a hand was put in in an attempt to make a tackle. I didn't say today was like a challenge match. I said I thought it lacked intensity. I understand if you thought it was intense given your vested interest. As for the rest of your usual hyperbole, don't worry, it looks like your nemesis McGuinness will be gone soon enough!

Only a GAA agnostic would think that wasn't a great game today. I've never in my life met a more bitter set of fans then your shower towards us. If we never played you again it wouldn't be too soon.
Goodbye and good luck!

ross4life

Great game between two fine sides, was a pleasure to be there to see it. Very little between them in truth, was level with 67 mins on the clock the big difference was the impact of dublin subs.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

BennyCake

Quote from: muppet on September 01, 2013, 07:27:25 PM

Oh don't worry. Like the Gay Rugby World Cup, we'll see a Gay All-Ireland c'ship before we know it  ::)

J70

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2013, 07:32:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 01, 2013, 07:27:36 PM

Only a GAA agnostic would think that wasn't a great game today. I've never in my life met a more bitter set of fans then your shower towards us. If we never played you again it wouldn't be too soon.
Goodbye and good luck!

Bitter towards Dublin? Only in that twisted, demented mind of your's Indiana!

Canalman

Rollercoaster of a game.

Firstly hard luck to Kerry posters here, not Kerry's greatest fan by any means but they were carried out on their shields today. Worrying imo for Kerry is that their best players were their oldest today.

Delighted to finally exorcise the hammering of 2009. Great finish from the lads.

From where I was penalty looked harsh.

Pity vast majority of Dublin fans there today won't get a ticket for the final.

Very interesting final. Mayo with their own demons v the team they have humiliated twice in recent years. Don't think Mayo fans realize how much the Dubs are out for revenge.

One of the better days in CP but not worth a damn if final is lost. Wouldn't begrudge Mayo a win but not at our expense.

muppet

Quote from: Canalman on September 01, 2013, 07:51:50 PM
Rollercoaster of a game.

Firstly hard luck to Kerry posters here, not Kerry's greatest fan by any means but they were carried out on their shields today. Worrying imo for Kerry is that their best players were their oldest today.

Delighted to finally exorcise the hammering of 2009. Great finish from the lads.

Very interesting final. Mayo with their own demons v the team they have humiliated twice in recent years. Don't think Mayo fans realize how much the Dubs are out for revenge.

One of the better days in CP but not worth a damn if final is lost. Wouldn't begrudge Mayo a win but not at our expense.

How did Mayo humiliate you?

By beating you??

I really hope this is what the Dubs are talking about. But I'd be fairly sure they are smarter than that.
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Donegal playing great football last year and the game today being a great game aren't mutually exclusive

Canalman

Quote from: muppet on September 01, 2013, 07:55:30 PM
Quote from: Canalman on September 01, 2013, 07:51:50 PM
Rollercoaster of a game.

How did Mayo humiliate you?

By beating you??

I really hope this is what the Dubs are talking about. But I'd be fairly sure they are smarter than that.

Well I thought were hammered/ humiliated on both occasions. My opinion anyhows. More so in 2006.

We haven't beaten Mayo 1st time out in nigh on generations I think.