Dublin vs Kerry - Sunday September 1st

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 05, 2013, 03:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

trueblue1234

I didn't realise there was another semi-final.....
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Canalman

Yep. Nothing to be too pushed about. Akin to shuffleboarding on the Titanic if what you read on the other threads is to be believed.  ;)

heffo

seafoid

Quote from: Canalman on August 23, 2013, 12:48:39 PM
Yep. Nothing to be too pushed about. Akin to shuffleboarding on the Titanic if what you read on the other threads is to be believed.  ;)
Hard to see the Dubs beating Tyrone given Mickey Harte is in charge.

Syferus

No doubt Ros being on the bill was the clincher. No Dubs would miss a chance to see the Primrose and Blue in action.

rodney trotter

Ridiculous the way people have been writing off Kerry all year. They still have the class regardless of age - and have David Moran back. A brilliant player who has been very unfortunate with Injuries for the last 2 years.

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 24, 2013, 12:03:51 AM
Ridiculous the way people have been writing off Kerry all year. They still have the class regardless of age - and have David Moran back. A brilliant player who has been very unfortunate with Injuries for the last 2 years.

Do you think the likes of the O'Ses and O'Mahony are going to get leg transplants or something? Dublin have speed to burn and there isn't a hope in the world that Kerry could hang with that pace for 70 minutes. Is Paul Galvin able to mark Jack Mc or James McCarthy for even the majority of a game?

Dublin won't need to improve their support (a big weakness  that may come back to haunt them in the final) and I'd wager that they mightn't even need to put in a stellar performance to pull away from Kerry in the final 20 minutes. You need to drop ball into the square to expose the Dublin full-back line properly and Star hasn't shown anything in the last two years to suggest he's up to that job.

This is a bigger mis-match than Mayo-Tyrone and Kerry will likely play much like your own county do and blanket up and sit back and try to soak up as much pressure as possible and hope to expose Dublin on the break.

This is a Kerry team playing plan B from the start and that is never a good situation to be in. If the legs were still there Kerry would be playing a style of football that resembles the way Mayo are playing, not playing to a game-plan that they seem to have found in Mickey Harte's dust bin. They are cutting their cloth to fit their capabilities but the fact remains their capabilities are too limited to make beating Dublin or winning an AI a realistic goal.

Expectations (both on the panel and in the county) have set the bar far too high for Kerry to succeed against the standards they've set themselves. It's the price you pay for being a great team in the past, I guess. This is a rebuilding year, not an AI-chasing one.

BartSimpson

I'm told there 5 starters injured for us. Jack mc and James mc being 2 of dem. not so convident now atall. And Frum a good sorse too.
guwan the parish

Syferus

Quote from: BartSimpson on August 24, 2013, 12:28:50 AM
I'm told there 5 starters injured for us. Jack mc and James mc being 2 of dem. not so convident now atall. And Frum a good sorse too.

How injured, though? If Jack Mc is just the lacerated thumb that was mentioned before it shouldn't effect his involvement. Were they all unavailable, though it would certain give Kerry a chink of hope. The pace in the half-back line is what kills teams.

muppet

Quote from: BartSimpson on August 24, 2013, 12:28:50 AM

Who told you that, Homer?
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Any word of Bryan Sheehan's fitness or otherwise ?

heffo