Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

This bullshit shouldnt went by 50 pgs, game was a foregone conclusion anyway

rrhf

Quit lads Lets just hope the ccc dosent mess up the build up to the final and try and take out o se.,as one buck said. If the ccc were about in 96!mayo would have won the all Ireland

trueblue1234

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 29, 2013, 11:32:32 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 29, 2013, 11:18:42 PM
Quote from: Bod Mor on August 29, 2013, 09:01:19 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 29, 2013, 06:39:24 AM
Yeah 'twas the use of the hip done the business on petie Harte as well
Ah look here, are ye seriously still going on about this? Have you ever played football?? No way in hell is a ref going to give a free for that. It was shoulder to shoulder, fair and square.
Harte came off worse because he didn't enter the tackle with the intensity that Cunnife did. What do you expect, Cunnife to allow Harte stroll in on goal? He did his job and fair f&$@s to him for doing so. If he pulled out of that challenge he would be hauled off straight away. Cunnife set the tone for the rest of the game, Mayo weren't going to lie down and were going to battle for every dingle ball. His team-mates would have been inspired by that challenge.
You know as well as I do the difference between that and what Penrose did against Monaghan. If ya cant take good clean football then you're following the wrong sport.

I don't know.  when I was growing up, a fair shoulder was used when two players were running in the direction of the ball side by side-that was the training drill.  The shoulder 'hit' where somebody gets nailed because they are shouldered from an opposite angle with the ball or reaching for the ball has crept into football and hurling this past ten years (as players have become physically stronger)  and is seen as something acceptable where it should be viewed as something dangerous.  I think that they have clamped down somewhat on this tackle in hurling this year.

What's your feelings on Aiden O'Shea's tr**p-actin' -grasping at Col Cav's throat, dropping the knee and then clutching his face after big Packie gave him a dunder?  is that good clean football?  CCCCCCCCCC?

Cavanagh ran into him.
AOS already recieved a card, no further action.
Third man tackle from PMcC, defo CCC need to address his actions as he went unpunished.

AOS got the yellow card for the dangerous tackle to CC neck. He should have gotten another for the shameful dive. My only respite for him is that I think he was trying to take the attention of the tackle when he did hit the ground. Doesn't excuse him, but at least I don't think he was trying to get another player sent of.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

rosnarun

AOS may have express his pain at being Hit by the Tyrone Goalie by Clutching his face  but he was definitely  assaulted by him and that's where a Straight red card should have been issued .
the Situation had nothing to do with the Goalie but in some probably planned attempt to ' Get at ' Oshea , Mac connell tried to take him out
AOS had 2 option hit back or go to the ground. hit back and he was gone go to ground and his assailant should have been Punished.
he wasn't not even with a hop Ball.
cowardly stuff from the Ref.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

trueblue1234

Assualted??  ;D It was a shoulder, when AOS was bending down, Yella card at worst. No contact to AOS face, despite his clutching of it. Shameful stuff from him, no matter how ya want to butter it up.
PS Definitely stupid by Packie, and should have been a yellow card and a hop ball. But that's not taking away from AOS's actions.

Keyser soze

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 30, 2013, 08:43:52 AM
Ah look here, are ye seriously still going on about this? Have you ever played football?? No way in hell is a ref going to give a free for that. It was shoulder to shoulder, fair and square.
Harte came off worse because he didn't enter the tackle with the intensity that Cunnife did. What do you expect, Cunnife to allow Harte stroll in on goal? He did his job and fair f&$@s to him for doing so. If he pulled out of that challenge he would be hauled off straight away. Cunnife set the tone for the rest of the game, Mayo weren't going to lie down and were going to battle for every dingle ball. His team-mates would have been inspired by that challenge.
You know as well as I do the difference between that and what Penrose did against Monaghan. If ya cant take good clean football then you're following the wrong sport.

I don't know.  when I was growing up, a fair shoulder was used when two players were running in the direction of the ball side by side-that was the training drill.  The shoulder 'hit' where somebody gets nailed because they are shouldered from an opposite angle with the ball or reaching for the ball has crept into football and hurling this past ten years (as players have become physically stronger)  and is seen as something acceptable where it should be viewed as something dangerous.  I think that they have clamped down somewhat on this tackle in hurling this year.

What's your feelings on Aiden O'Shea's tr**p-actin' -grasping at Col Cav's throat, dropping the knee and then clutching his face after big Packie gave him a dunder?  is that good clean football?  CCCCCCCCCC?

Cavanagh ran into him.
Third man tackle from PMcC, defo CCC need to address his actions as he went unpunished.

AOS got the yellow card for the dangerous tackle to CC neck. He should have gotten another for the shameful dive. My only respite for him is that I think he was trying to take the attention of the tackle when he did hit the ground. Doesn't excuse him, but at least I don't think he was trying to get another player sent of.

Are you for real? You seriously think that Gaelic football is getting more dangerous?? Or that in the past only 2 people moving in the same direction shouldered each other?? What a complete load of of crap! There was one serious hit in that game on Sunday, Cunniffe on Harte, which was hard but fair as he was hit as soon as he got his hands on the ball and was open for it.

People like you complaining about the physicality of the game are full of sh*t, its NOWHERE near as tough or hard as it was even 15 years ago, You are confusing conditioning with physicality. Some of the things Deegan blew frees for on Sunday were laughable.  If it continues down this road it'll become a complete non contact sport. Imo its a big part of the reason why so many games, even close ones, are non-events and unwatchable.

bucko

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 30, 2013, 12:10:39 PM

Cavanagh ran into him.

Are you for real? You seriously think that Gaelic football is getting more dangerous?? Or that in the past only 2 people moving in the same direction shouldered each other?? What a complete load of of crap! There was one serious hit in that game on Sunday, Cunniffe on Harte, which was hard but fair as he was hit as soon as he got his hands on the ball and was open for it.

People like you complaining about the physicality of the game are full of sh*t, its NOWHERE near as tough or hard as it was even 15 years ago, You are confusing conditioning with physicality. Some of the things Deegan blew frees for on Sunday were laughable.  If it continues down this road it'll become a complete non contact sport. Imo its a big part of the reason why so many games, even close ones, are non-events and unwatchable.
Agreed, Deegan's has to be one of the more infuriating refs out there at the moment. Watched the whole game there yesterday, he did award us some soft frees and the penalty decision was debatable, at the same time he never whistled for far more blatant fouling that went on and his call back on Freeman's goal was disgraceful. When modern county players are training, playing and living like professional athletes, they deserve better than the sort of amateurish, inconsistent and incompetent refereeing that's going on at inter county level at the moment.
Re Cunniffe's shoulder, I would maybe draw more of a point from what Horan said in the lead up to the Donegal game. He stated that football now has 30 guys on a field who are now stronger, faster and more conditioned than say 10-15 years ago and as a result when there are collisions the impact's going to be bigger. The collision injuries ie concussion, broken bones in modern rugby are more frequent for exactly the same reason, the players are getting bigger and more powerful as time goes by. It could be argued that Gaelic games, especially football is going the same way.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 30, 2013, 12:10:39 PM

Cavanagh ran into him.

Calm down. I meant dangerous play. As in the foul was for "dangerous play". I'm far from complaining about the state of physicality in the game today. I'd agree that things have gone soft in certain areas. Which is why I was saying Packie should have only gotten a yellow card for his tackle and not the red others on here were crying for. I notice you didn't over react to others claiming Packie's was an assault.  ::)

Zulu

Anybody who thinks Cunniffe's shoulder was anything other than textbook needs to have a word with themselves or go and watch a more genteel sport. Anyone who thinks that A O'S's dive while clutching his face was anything other than disgraceful needs to have a word with themselves or get involved in another sport as ours doesn't need you.

'trueblue1234' made a good point about O'Shea's actions, he probably did it in some vain attempt to take the refs attention from his own foul which he felt might be interpreted as a red card. However, we need to condemn that behaviour regardless of who does it.

'rosnarun' gave O'Shea only 2 options, but he had a third, one that used to be the only option. He could have got up and told McConnell 'if he didn't f**k back off in to goal he'd land him in the canal end with a slap' (or some other such on-field verbal bravado), to which Packie would have replied 'any shot from a Mayo man aimed at the canal end would more likely end in the upper Hogan you bandy legged b*****ks' (or some other such on-field verbal bravado) honour maintained all round and handshakes at the end of the game with a bit of banter about their earlier altercation.

brokencrossbar1

It baffles me how anyone can see that shoulder by Cunniffe as anything other than the perfect hit.  He challenged the man to get the ball and both men hit shoulder to shoulder.  One was stronger than the other, simple as that. 

Wildweasel74

Dont remember anybody outside of Armagh supporters condemn Jordan for going down holding his face even though he wasnt hit against Armagh all them yrs ago

bucko

Plenty of abuse directed against Donal Vaughan after the 2012 league final for feigning injury, despite plenty of evidence that he was struck twice in the course of that game and nothing done about it by the ref who was (surprise, surprise) Deegan.

Zulu

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 30, 2013, 02:21:10 PM
Dont remember anybody outside of Armagh supporters condemn Jordan for going down holding his face even though he wasnt hit against Armagh all them yrs ago

Plenty of people did, as they did when O'Mahoney went down clutching his face against Cork, same with the Donegal lad who went down after Connolly pushed him in the chest. Far too many examples of this rubbish, time to condemn this and not try to justify it when one of your own do it. It's a blight on the great game.

trueblue1234

Nonsense, there was plenty directed against him. In particular on here.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2013, 02:44:33 PM

Plenty of people did, as they did when O'Mahoney went down clutching his face against Cork, same with the Donegal lad who went down after Connolly pushed him in the chest. Far too many examples of this rubbish, time to condemn this and not try to justify it when one of your own do it. It's a blight on the great game.
+1
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either