Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluenosebandit

Quote from: Bod Mor on August 29, 2013, 09:01:19 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 29, 2013, 06:39:24 AM
Yeah 'twas the use of the hip done the business on petie Harte as well
Ah look here, are ye seriously still going on about this? Have you ever played football?? No way in hell is a ref going to give a free for that. It was shoulder to shoulder, fair and square.
Harte came off worse because he didn't enter the tackle with the intensity that Cunnife did. What do you expect, Cunnife to allow Harte stroll in on goal? He did his job and fair f&$@s to him for doing so. If he pulled out of that challenge he would be hauled off straight away. Cunnife set the tone for the rest of the game, Mayo weren't going to lie down and were going to battle for every dingle ball. His team-mates would have been inspired by that challenge.
You know as well as I do the difference between that and what Penrose did against Monaghan. If ya cant take good clean football then you're following the wrong sport.

It was clearly a case of the stronger man came out of the tackle, simple as. Cunniffe has about an extra 2-3 years strength and conditioning work under his belt, he smashed harte with a fair shoulder and thats the end of it. Two gingers went in, one came out.

nrico2006

Quote from: bluenosebandit on August 29, 2013, 09:18:07 AM
Ah look here, are ye seriously still going on about this? Have you ever played football?? No way in hell is a ref going to give a free for that. It was shoulder to shoulder, fair and square.
Harte came off worse because he didn't enter the tackle with the intensity that Cunnife did. What do you expect, Cunnife to allow Harte stroll in on goal? He did his job and fair f&$@s to him for doing so. If he pulled out of that challenge he would be hauled off straight away. Cunnife set the tone for the rest of the game, Mayo weren't going to lie down and were going to battle for every dingle ball. His team-mates would have been inspired by that challenge.
You know as well as I do the difference between that and what Penrose did against Monaghan. If ya cant take good clean football then you're following the wrong sport.

It was clearly a case of the stronger man came out of the tackle, simple as. Cunniffe has about an extra 2-3 years strength and conditioning work under his belt, he smashed harte with a fair shoulder and thats the end of it. Two gingers went in, one came out.

I wouldn't say its anything to do with strength.  Harte was outstretching for a ball and was exposed whereas Cunniffe's intention was to go in hard with a shoulder.  Cunniffe had the momentum and won the challenge fair and square.  Anybody who has received a hit can testify that in most cases its usually the way you fall that causes an injury or the accidental collision of a mans leg (knee) into the oppositions quad/thigh. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AMayoFan

Quote from: muppet on August 28, 2013, 06:31:35 PM
I have watched the injury to Cillian O'Connor a number of times.

O'Connor gave himself the advantage from the kick-out by knocking the ball down to himself with his marker behind him. The injury is caused by Conor Gormley pulling Cillian's left arm back in a direction that would be awkward given the direction that O'Connor was moving. It was also compounded by whatever underlying state O'Connor's shoulder was in. I'll leave than to the experts. The pull lasted barely a second and in fairness to Gormley looked more instinctive than anything else.

However it was a definite free and resulted in us losing the player. Tyrone scored immediately from Gormley picking up the (now) lose ball.

it is at 11:17 on here: http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10193065/

Glad someone else spotted that! I just thought I was the only one. I saw this and I believe it's the dark arts at play, however, nobody else or Mayo team for that matter have complained about the tackle. So maybe the benefit of the doubt should be applied.

EC Unique

Quote from: AMayoFan on August 29, 2013, 04:27:04 PM

O'Connor gave himself the advantage from the kick-out by knocking the ball down to himself with his marker behind him. The injury is caused by Conor Gormley pulling Cillian's left arm back in a direction that would be awkward given the direction that O'Connor was moving. It was also compounded by whatever underlying state O'Connor's shoulder was in. I'll leave than to the experts. The pull lasted barely a second and in fairness to Gormley looked more instinctive than anything else.

However it was a definite free and resulted in us losing the player. Tyrone scored immediately from Gormley picking up the (now) lose ball.

Glad someone else spotted that! I just thought I was the only one. I saw this and I believe it's the dark arts at play, however, nobody else or Mayo team for that matter have complained about the tackle. So maybe the benefit of the doubt should be applied.

Wise up! ::)

orangeman

CCCCCC apparently are looking at this so Conor can expect a call from the CCCCC shortly and hopefully it sticks this time.

sans pessimism

Oh FFS!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Whishtup

That's hilarious!

BennyHarp

There wasn't even a tackle - O'connor injured himself just before that incident and he over stretched the injury going for the ball with Gormley and it did for him. So unless Gormley's "dark arts" include mind bending which forced Cillian O'Connor to reach for a ball with an injured shoulder - your talking nonsense.
That was never a square ball!!

Whishtup

I don't know.  when I was growing up, a fair shoulder was used when two players were running in the direction of the ball side by side-that was the training drill.  The shoulder 'hit' where somebody gets nailed because they are shouldered from an opposite angle with the ball or reaching for the ball has crept into football and hurling this past ten years (as players have become physically stronger)  and is seen as something acceptable where it should be viewed as something dangerous.  I think that they have clamped down somewhat on this tackle in hurling this year.

What's your feelings on Aiden O'Shea's tr**p-actin' -grasping at Col Cav's throat, dropping the knee and then clutching his face after big Packie gave him a dunder?  is that good clean football?  CCCCCCCCCC?

Farrandeelin

It should be a hop ball instead of a free out...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 29, 2013, 11:23:20 PM
It should be a hop ball instead of a free out...

It should be a Mayo penalty because a Tyrone player was on the pitch at the same time as COC got injured - MH logic.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Bod Mor

Quote from: Whishtup on August 29, 2013, 11:18:42 PM

I don't know.  when I was growing up, a fair shoulder was used when two players were running in the direction of the ball side by side-that was the training drill.  The shoulder 'hit' where somebody gets nailed because they are shouldered from an opposite angle with the ball or reaching for the ball has crept into football and hurling this past ten years (as players have become physically stronger)  and is seen as something acceptable where it should be viewed as something dangerous.  I think that they have clamped down somewhat on this tackle in hurling this year.

What's your feelings on Aiden O'Shea's tr**p-actin' -grasping at Col Cav's throat, dropping the knee and then clutching his face after big Packie gave him a dunder?  is that good clean football?  CCCCCCCCCC?

My feelings on that were Colm Cavanagh went down very easy, as soon as he felt any sort of contact on the way up he leapt backwards. It was very similar to when McFadden tried to con the ref into getting O'Shea booked in the 1/4 final. Yes there was contact and yes it was a free. What O'Shea did after he got tackled by the keeper was inexcusable and when he watches it again on TV he will naturally feel emabarrassed. There's no place for that in the game.

By the way what are your feelings on what Penrose did to Dessie Moane?
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Whishtup on August 29, 2013, 11:18:42 PM

Cavanagh ran into him.
AOS already recieved a card, no further action.
Third man tackle from PMcC, defo CCC need to address his actions as he went unpunished.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Whishtup

What Penrose did to Mone was a foolish red card compounded by Mone's reaction.  If that was a red then AOS' was definitely a red-this was the only real dirty tackle in the game.  If you 'run into' someones hand that happens to be in a grasping position around the throat-you'd soon fall back too.  Had Cavanagh lay down clutching his face like O'Shea, it would've been red.  Big Packie should have got a yellow too but what he did was mild.
AOS just happens to be the 'Blue eyed boy' at the minute-he can do no wrong-if you ask me, he's a liability.   Gave away a point just after that too after kicking the ball straight to a Tyrone player. 

maigheo

Aiden O Shea a liability????????.oh my God  .Over a 150 pages on this game and the standard of posting  is going lower and lower.