Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: seafoid on August 25, 2013, 04:53:31 PM
The penalty was the turning point.

I would say the Tyrone injuries moreso. Think the momentum of the game already changed before the penalty.

straightred

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 25, 2013, 04:57:00 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 25, 2013, 04:53:31 PM
The penalty was the turning point.

I would say the Tyrone injuries moreso. Think the momentum of the game already changed before the penalty.

Mayo bench much stronger - harte was a huge loss

All of a Sludden

Come on Mayo, need another point to get my other bet up.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

seafoid

So that's it for Throne.
Not enough scoring forwards.
But I grew to love them.

Captain Obvious

Mayo 1-10 Tyrone 0-6 in the second half and in fairness Mayo showed what they were made of.

Asal Mor

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 25, 2013, 05:03:03 PM
Come on Mayo, need another point to get my other bet up.

Ya had 50 euro on Tyrone at half-time.

SLIGONIAN

I cannot see anyone but mayo winning Sam.  Mayo had Tyrone pegged after 25mins...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Hardy

Minder

Might stand against Mayo not having a tough match before the final.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stephenite

Quote from: BennyCake on August 25, 2013, 04:02:30 PM
Mayo shit the nest again, when it really matters. Like Kildare, they just don't have the natural footballers required to win an AI.

Good man yourself ;D ;D ;D

Asal Mor

If Dublin win, they'll be the scarcest final tickets ever.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Expected to lose but it was a little frustrating in the end. The first half was excellent for Tyrone but a 1 point lead did not reflect how well they had done. The penalty early in the second half killed it (it shouldn't have been a penalty, if it was a foul at all then it was a free and not a penalty) and Mayo got their tails up then and Tyrone did not have enough to get back in it. The loss of Harte, SON and McMahon were all blows too, this Tyrone team really needed these kind of men on the park. They were missed badly in the second half and Tyrone wilted without them. We also needed a much better performance from Sean Cavanagh.

We will look back on this as a good season though, a lot of younger players have picked up valuable experience and have seen that they aren't all that far away. These boys can kick on from here (and there's more waiting for a chance) and we can bring back Morgan, and hopefully be a bit luckier with injuries in general. There is hope for the future.

The game will have done Mayo good. They were ridiculously over hyped on this forum and elsewhere and the first half showed that they are not as good as many said. A better team than Tyrone - like Dublin - would have punished Mayo for such a ragged half. Perhaps the fact that they were so ragged for a good spell might do them good, dampen down expectations a bit. I wish them all the best, they have a good team and it's time they won Sam.

screenexile

How a team can expect to win anything with Colm Cavanagh is beyond me!

galwayman

That Mayo team won't be beaten in my opinion.
Strong all over the pitch. Absolutely no weak links anywhere

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on August 25, 2013, 05:14:49 PM
How a team can expect to win anything with Colm Cavanagh is beyond me!

In fairness he wasn't that bad today screen! Made a few decent driving runs, but I don't understand how Cassidy never gets a chance. Matty Donnelly very poor today!!