Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

The little jink that Sean Cavanagh does, is it not a foul, he does seem to show the ball but I'm not too sure how that rule is really defined or if it is really a rule .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Crete Boom

Quote from: rrhf on August 22, 2013, 11:32:54 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 22, 2013, 11:27:27 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 22, 2013, 11:25:06 PM
Was Anthony finnerty the worst player ever to play in an all Ireland final?

Wasn't even the worst Mayoman to play in a final let alone the worst player ever.
He misses easy goals that even tommy mc guigan could mnr miss

Missed one great chance but he scored the goal that got us back into it!! As I said he is not even the worst Mayoman to have played in an All Ireland final let alone the worst player ever!

BennyHarp

Quote from: larryin89 on August 22, 2013, 11:35:44 PM
The little jink that Sean Cavanagh does, is it not a foul, he does seem to show the ball but I'm not too sure how that rule is really defined or if it is really a rule .

No it's not a foul.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

http://gaabanter.ie/forget-jimmy-barry-murphy-everyone-seany-shake/
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ONeill on August 22, 2013, 11:41:22 PM

This needs to be shown to the ref before the game, the lad takes about 12 steps.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Puckoon

How can it be a foul (for showing). It's in both hands all the time.

SkillfulBill

You obviously not been watching Mayo this year. You are the ones who will need to watch for this.

I have watched them a lot this year and always do. I have a lot of respect for them as my own people hail from bunniconlon. You on the other hand haven't been paying much attention to Tyrone of late
Tyrone have been playing a patient probing game at the back not overly inclined to take the ball into the tackle or pop in 50/50's. Mayo on the other hand have been playing a very fluent attacking game which is very susceptible to turnovers against. Horan is very open about his willingness to play an attacking style of game not unlike the Kerry team of the early to mid 00's and we know what tended to happen when that style of play came up against Harte.

rrhf

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 22, 2013, 11:42:49 PM

This needs to be shown to the ref before the game, the lad takes about 12 steps.
It's took 100 pages and now the mayo lads have cracked.  Telling tales because of a lack of faith in their own ability.  This tyronegaa team are better than 2008 team and will play them beautifully on sinday

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 22, 2013, 11:46:16 PM
You obviously not been watching Mayo this year. You are the ones who will need to watch for this.

I have watched them a lot this year and always do. I have a lot of respect for them as my own people hail from bunniconlon. You on the other hand haven't been paying much attention to Tyrone of late
Tyrone have been playing a patient probing game at the back not overly inclined to take the ball into the tackle or pop in 50/50's. Mayo on the other hand have been playing a very fluent attacking game which is very susceptible to turnovers against. Horan is very open about his willingness to play an attacking style of game not unlike the Kerry team of the early to mid 00's and we know what tended to happen when that style of play came up against Harte.

Mayo played an attacking form of play against Tryone in the Championship and League throughout the 00's and won the vast majority of those encounters. We are not Kerry, we are not in awe of the Red Hand.

larryin89

Quote from: Puckoon on August 22, 2013, 11:43:52 PM

How can it be a foul (for showing). It's in both hands all the time.

Fair point.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: rrhf on August 22, 2013, 11:51:08 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 22, 2013, 11:42:49 PM

It's took 100 pages and now the mayo lads have cracked.  Telling tales because of a lack of faith in their own ability.  This tyronegaa team are better than 2008 team and will play them beautifully on sinday

Not at all, we will beat you if you cheat, but we will beat you by more if you are not allowed you black arts.

SkillfulBill

Mayo played an attacking form of play against Tryone in the Championship and League throughout the 00's and won the vast majority of those encounters. We are not Kerry, we are not in awe of the Red Hand.

Your right there your not Kerry they have a tendency to win All Irelands :o

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 22, 2013, 11:58:24 PM

Your right there your not Kerry they have a tendency to win All Irelands :o

This is a semi, no All-Ireland's handed out on sunday.

We do beat Tyrone and we like to do it in semis.

ONeill

Former Tyrone player Ryan McMenamin reckons the county have it in them to upset Mayo in Sunday's All-Ireland SFC semi-final at Croke Park.

While agreeing that the Connacht champions are favourites to advance to the decider on 22 September, McMenamin feels that Tyrone's journey through the back-door route will benefit them.

He told RTÉ Sport: "Mickey Harte has freshened up the team this year. A lot of the players involved were on the periphery of the squad. They have now got their chance and nothing beats competitive games.

"Throughout the summer the side have won tight matches and I have no doubt they have taken great heart from that. The character and the resolve in the present Tyrone squad is there to see.

"At the start of the year many fans would have been happy with getting to an All-Ireland quarter-final, but the fact that we got to a league decider and could have won it and are now in the last four is testament to the work being put in."

Like all onlookers, McMenamin has been impressed by Mayo, but is confident the Tyrone management will have a plan in place to curb their effectiveness.

He explained: "Mayo have been great to watch all year. Yet sometimes when you win well, the weaknesses in the side tend to be overlooked.

"I'm sure Mickey will have analysed the videos and highlighted any chinks. If Tyrone can slow the game down and play it on their terms it will be interesting to see how it all impacts on the supply of ball to the Mayo forwards.

"Everyone is saying our lads will be no match for them, yet as many people were doubting us after we lost to Donegal.
"Tyrone may not have the flair players that were around four or five years ago, but they are still in this Championship and there is enough talent in this present squad to suggest they can live with Mayo.

"In the years we won All-Irelands a few top-notch performances have been delivered. I'm confident of another one on Sunday."

As to whether McMenamin would put money on Tyrone, he replied: "Of course I would. I've heard odds of 9/1 and that's a great price."

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2013/0822/469805-mcmenamin-tyrone-can-be-a-match-for-mayo/
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SkillfulBill

Your right there your not Kerry they have a tendency to win All Irelands

This is a semi, no All-Ireland's handed out on sunday.We do beat Tyrone and we like to do it in semis.

You may not fear Tyrone but your style of football may just play into their red hands.