Quote from: emmetryan on August 22, 2013, 12:07:06 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 22, 2013, 11:58:25 AM
Quote from: emmetryan on August 22, 2013, 07:27:22 AM
Hi guys

Tactical preview of Mayo vs Tyrone now up
http://action81.com/blog/?p=7566

Emmet

Hi Emmet,
I have been reading your previews since you first started posting them because I realised from the off that you have an amazing success rate-at 100% almost; it just has to be amazing.
I'm not saying this just* to annoy the Tyrone lads here as I've said so a number of previous times on this board.
I also passed a number of comments to this effect on your preview pages and I bought your book last Christmas to study previous reviews.
(You may recall this as I'm the real mayogodhelpus – not that sham who keeps annoying poor Nally Stand.) ;D
Therefore, I see no reason whatever to question your judgement when I read your latest work.
Keep the faith!
Yours etc.
Lar

* But I couldn't help sticking it in. ;D

Not been 100% this year, messed up two provincial finals. Also where was all the haterade from Tyrone when I said they'd beat Monaghan? :)

Don't forget the AI club final, Emmet ;)

supersarsfields

Hi guys

Emmet

Hi Emmet,
I have been reading your previews since you first started posting them because I realised from the off that you have an amazing success rate-at 100% almost; it just has to be amazing.
I'm not saying this just* to annoy the Tyrone lads here as I've said so a number of previous times on this board.
I also passed a number of comments to this effect on your preview pages and I bought your book last Christmas to study previous reviews.
(You may recall this as I'm the real mayogodhelpus – not that sham who keeps annoying poor Nally Stand.) ;D
Therefore, I see no reason whatever to question your judgement when I read your latest work.
Keep the faith!
Yours etc.
Lar

Not been 100% this year, messed up two provincial finals. Also where was all the haterade from Tyrone when I said they'd beat Monaghan? :)

It's not your prediction, that's a given. It's, er, your lack of analysis of Tyrone's play. No mention of either Donnelly in relation to how Tyrone set up is criminal.
But, no matter, we'll go down and try and play our free flowing football, and put an end to the dark arts of Mayo.

emmetryan

Quote from: Syferus on August 22, 2013, 12:58:35 PM
Hi guys

Emmet

Any man who trusts my club picks is asking for the bookies to win

Hi Emmet,
Keep the faith!
Yours etc.
Lar

Don't forget the AI club final, Emmet ;)
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rodman on August 22, 2013, 08:52:27 AM
Hi guys

Emmet

Is that it Emmet, where was the Tactical preview. You could get a job on the Sunday game!

Like it our not Emmet has nearly always been spot on.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

nrico2006

I honestly have never seen odds or attitudes against Tyrone in my time than I have this past few weeks.  You would swear it was Kilkenny footballers versus Kerrys golden generation.  There is nothing in that Mayo team that frightens me from a Tyrone perspective, they are a decent side but its not like they have or are dominating Gaelic football in a way that it would be shocking to see them lose.  There has rarely been a mismatch at this stage of the championship, and for all the negative comments against Tyrone it seems to be forgotten that they are made up of individuals who have all won All Ireland titles be it at Senior or Minor level (or both).  So to say that they are full of average players is a bit off key.  The same teams played in the league and there wasn't much in it, and I don't imagine there will be much in it this weekend either.  I just dont understand the attitude of the Mayo fans, who seem to have suddenly developed this mentality that they are certain to win the All Ireland this year.  I have had a dislike for many teams over the years and always actually liked Mayo, but to be honest I have never wanted to see a team lose as much as I want to see Mayo get beat.  Cillian O'Connor won't be getting any goals this weekend, he will be back at what he does best - hitting frees.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 22, 2013, 08:41:00 AM
Hi guys

Emmet

This is the first time I've actually bothered to read your "tactical" analysis - pure nonsense. No real insight into how Tyrone set up except that our main attacking policy is "drawing frees". As O'Neill says, no mention of them being one of the best teams at retaining possession from deep and this can frustrate opponents in the tackle. Plenty of analysis of how we won't stop a 3 man full forward line but no mention of our attacking threats. How will they stop Cavanagh? Any analysis of that? Have you ever heard of Matty Donnelly? Do you understand the role Mark Donnelly plays? Have you really considered Joes role? Is it just to cover? If so explain his two points from play v Monaghan? By the way, they were from distance! Does Conor Gormley have a role to play as cover? Lazy analysis to suggest that everything goes through Stevie O'Neill as well, Tyrone have used him sparingly and if anything have under utilised him this summer - will we see something different on Sunday? To sum up that Tyrone are "out of their depth" is very poor Emmet - sucked in by the hype!

I presume you'll not have the face to produce another "tactical" masterclass if Tyrone win on Sunday?

Emmet has usually been spot on the money since he started to post here. Perhaps Tyrone are out of their depth, and you are letting your pride blind you.

Rois

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 22, 2013, 01:39:29 PM

Emmet has usually been spot on the money since he started to post here. Perhaps Tyrone are out of their depth, and you are letting your pride blind you.

I fully agree with you!  And that for me sums up the reason we Tyronies are going to bother going to this match - because despite the statistical and factual evidence to suggest a Mayo win, there is a slight off-chance that Emmet might be wrong, Tyrone might do something magical and Mayo might have a bad day at the office.
This is why we love this time of year isn't it?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 22, 2013, 10:13:14 AM
Hi guys

Emmet

This is the first time I've actually bothered to read your "tactical" analysis - pure nonsense. No real insight into how Tyrone set up except that our main attacking policy is "drawing frees". As O'Neill says, no mention of them being one of the best teams at retaining possession from deep and this can frustrate opponents in the tackle. Plenty of analysis of how we won't stop a 3 man full forward line but no mention of our attacking threats. How will they stop Cavanagh? Any analysis of that? Have you ever heard of Matty Donnelly? Do you understand the role Mark Donnelly plays? Have you really considered Joes role? Is it just to cover? If so explain his two points from play v Monaghan? By the way, they were from distance! Does Conor Gormley have a role to play as cover? Lazy analysis to suggest that everything goes through Stevie O'Neill as well, Tyrone have used him sparingly and if anything have under utilised him this summer - will we see something different on Sunday? To sum up that Tyrone are "out of their depth" is very poor Emmet - sucked in by the hype!

I presume you'll not have the face to produce another "tactical" masterclass if Tyrone win on Sunday?

Mayo lads arent the only ones showing the pressure so  :P :P

Martin Brehony is some c**t, himself and McGee come out with some awful anti-mayo stuff. They're nearly as bad as Silke

Breheny & McGee have been anti-Mayo for years. Silke has had to swollow his pride and go for Mayo in the Mayo News this week (usually the fact it was a Mayo paper gave him even more pleasure going against us).

trueblue1234

Hi guys

Emmet

Or perhaps Mayo are being Hyped up too much, and they're not really as good as some people seem to think. We'll find out come Sunday anyway.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rois on August 22, 2013, 01:43:47 PM

I fully agree with you!  And that for me sums up the reason we Tyronies are going to bother going to this match - because despite the statistical and factual evidence to suggest a Mayo win, there is a slight off-chance that Emmet might be wrong, Tyrone might do something magical and Mayo might have a bad day at the office.
This is why we love this time of year isn't it?

Of course, tell Tyrone 1989, Kerry 1996, Galway 1998, Galway 2001 (League Final), Tyrone 2004, Dublin 2006, Cork 2011, Dublin 2012.

Croí na hÉireann

This is all reminiscent of the banter before the Mayo Donegal game and look how that turned out. Mayo by 5.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 22, 2013, 01:48:42 PM
Hi guys

Emmet

Or perhaps Mayo are being Hyped up too much, and they're not really as good as some people seem to think. We'll find out come Sunday anyway.

Personally I believe (this year) Mayo and Dublin are a good bit out on front, with Dublin being the alpha dog.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ballinaman on August 22, 2013, 10:26:07 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 22, 2013, 10:16:51 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 22, 2013, 10:13:36 AM
Sorry I take that back, no one is worse than Silke
Silke, Breheny, McGee and McHugh are all as bad as each other in my opinion. c***ts the. lot of them
Don't forget that Logie lad...you just made our list of enemies...there...you're in for it now Logie!

Don't forget lads you can come off that list, Pat Spillane, spent most of the late 90's and early 00's. Joe Brolly spent much of the late 00's on this list.

Lar Naparka

Hi guys

Emmet

I know it must be hard for you to accept that ERVERYBODY hates Tyrone  and not just Mayo fans. If you care to look around you, it will be obvious that Mayo supporters are by far the ones least likely to be vitriolic, vindictive, vengeful (etc. etc.)
Y'see, the rest of mankind can remember back to the time when Tyronies everywhere felt they ruled the roost and wanted everyone else to know it.
If the hot air coming from yer county could have been bottled, it would have been enough to lift Ireland out of the depression.
Ya can't say that the Mayos started this witch (bitch?) hunt either.
It's been coming at ye for years now; it started shortly after yer third AI win and it won't go away until youse shower go away.
So there! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ONeill

Bollocks. Went through Emmet's posts and they are nearly always spot on. And ye know, the hoor doesn't boast about it. He seems a decent, knowledgeable chap. He is now off the list.

The list.
Joe Brolly 2013
Martin McHugh 2008
Pat Spillane 2003
Colm O'Rourke 2003
Paddy Russell 1995
Winston Churchill 1922
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.