Quote from: Tubberman on August 21, 2013, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 21, 2013, 09:45:45 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 21, 2013, 06:51:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2013, 06:46:12 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 06:01:23 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 21, 2013, 05:06:13 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 21, 2013, 04:55:17 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 04:51:51 PM
Anyway can you give any example of Mayo "losing big games, especially when they have been favourites"??
This should be good!  :D

1952 Connacht final.

QuoteBarring Connaught titles

He considers Connacht nothing so that wasn't a 'big game'.
Why do people ( esp from the North) keep calling it "Connaught"(sic).
It's CONNACHT esp when that's the official title i mBéarla of the GAA entity.

Same ones that go apeshit if someone says Londonderry, calls the U.K. Britain, refers to Northern Ireland as Ulster.
What's this lads?:
http://www.con-telegraph.ie/

Goes back to the origins of that 'newspaper' I believe. I've yet to see an article in that paper without typos, grammatical mistakes, and/or factual inaccuracies.

'tis no wonder people are calling it Connaught if the a feckin' Mayo newspaper does!  Unbelievable!  Tsk!

We have a few, each of which I'd buy above that one. The Mayo News, The Western People, The Mayo Advertiser.

I was wondering what this page was all about :http://www.westernpeople.com/where-we-are/  so I ran a translation on it:

"We will be sure to post a comment. Please get any refund, but have not. But immigration tracking consumer behavior but need to maintain a balance. But scientists vehicle users and thermal fatigue. Please be sure to free tickets, not playing nice. In the afternoon, the hatred typically takes minutes, before running vehicle.

Soft and now need financial support. No items. Zen also guaranteed financing. But selling a commodity, but not more sophisticated styling. Arsenal soccer club not pure real estate loans. Recent Olympic laughter. This was the hotel, but variable with arrows downtown, real estate changes all that. Illegal trade of life for the company's growth. No.

Easy. Yes, for the influence of fear, but of mourning for the undergraduate, the main anyone wise. We need financing costs, a strategic marketing and corporate. We tank capacity. More information: My cat chocolate base. Even time, sellers or telephone gate, now wants to push a lot, but it was played professional soccer before. More laughter therapy."

Are ye all buck mad over there?
They saw ye comin' son.
Just type "ipsum lorem" into Google and see what you come up with. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ONeill

Quote from: Tubberman on August 21, 2013, 10:23:03 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 10:18:07 PM
I'll be having a small bet on Mayo covering the spread

Yeah, I'd go along with that. I'm expecting a very tight first half at least, with a lot of worried Mayo supporters. But I think we'll pull through in the end. As the management have been saying, they're trying to improve by keeping the performance levels up for the full length of the match.
If they do that, I don't think Tyrone will be able to keep them at bay.

I saw somewhere the Mayo team is due to named tonight. It's usually late though...
ah
ha]

ah haha

ah hahahahaha

ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rodman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 21, 2013, 03:06:00 PM
Quote from: Rodman on August 21, 2013, 02:53:49 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 21, 2013, 01:48:33 PM
Darragh o Se, " Mayo could do a real number on Tyrone"

I'm not alone, phew.

The hype around this Mayo team has far exceeded the hype around any of the Dublin teams over the past 20 years. The pressure on them must be unreal. Talk about the best Mayo team ever and how this game will be a mere training match for them must be seeping through to the players mind. If Mayo do not get a good start and are not at least 4 points up at h/t then they will begin to doubt themselves. If its tight with 20 mins to go, then Mayo will crack. Tyrone will go 2 or 3 up and then close out the game.  As for Tyrone, expectations are low, they have already over achieved this year and there is absolutely no pressure on them. Even the Mayo posters here are beginning to crack and its only Wednesday.

And supposing hypothetical as it is and all that, but what if Mayo actually find themselves 5 points up at half time? What (Lord may save us all) if it's not tight with 20 minutes to go? Anyway, how do you know Mayo will crack if it is tight? Come on, I want definitive answers this time please.

If Mayo do find themselves 5 pts up at half time, then i would expect them to win. And I don't know that Mayo will crack if it is tight, it's just my opinion which is based on the fact they have not been tested this year and we don't know how they will react when they are tested. But it's only an opinion, not fact. Does their game plan change if they go behind.  Have they a plan B. Has Aidan O'Shea really matured or will he get rattled when Gormley & Co. get in his ear. Can Mayo stop Cavanagh, the best player in the Country today by a mile. I just think Mayo may have played their all-Ireland final already, Tyrone's best is yet to come.

muppet

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 21, 2013, 09:33:44 PM
Anyway can you give any example of Mayo "losing big games, especially when they have been favourites"??

1952 Connacht final.

1994,2001 Connacht finals, round 4 qualifiers v Westmeath 01,Fermanagh 03 and quarter final v Meath in 2009.

The original post said 'barring Connacht Finals' and did mention 'big games'. Maybe Meath was a big-ish game but as for the other two, sadly neither our teams nor supporters seem to have much time for qualifiers.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Rodman on August 21, 2013, 10:41:23 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 21, 2013, 03:06:00 PM
Quote from: Rodman on August 21, 2013, 02:53:49 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 21, 2013, 01:48:33 PM
Darragh o Se, " Mayo could do a real number on Tyrone"

I'm not alone, phew.

The hype around this Mayo team has far exceeded the hype around any of the Dublin teams over the past 20 years. The pressure on them must be unreal. Talk about the best Mayo team ever and how this game will be a mere training match for them must be seeping through to the players mind. If Mayo do not get a good start and are not at least 4 points up at h/t then they will begin to doubt themselves. If its tight with 20 mins to go, then Mayo will crack. Tyrone will go 2 or 3 up and then close out the game.  As for Tyrone, expectations are low, they have already over achieved this year and there is absolutely no pressure on them. Even the Mayo posters here are beginning to crack and its only Wednesday.

And supposing hypothetical as it is and all that, but what if Mayo actually find themselves 5 points up at half time? What (Lord may save us all) if it's not tight with 20 minutes to go? Anyway, how do you know Mayo will crack if it is tight? Come on, I want definitive answers this time please.

If Mayo do find themselves 5 pts up at half time, then i would expect them to win. And I don't know that Mayo will crack if it is tight, it's just my opinion which is based on the fact they have not been tested this year and we don't know how they will react when they are tested. But it's only an opinion, not fact. Does their game plan change if they go behind.  Have they a plan B. Has Aidan O'Shea really matured or will he get rattled when Gormley & Co. get in his ear. Can Mayo stop Cavanagh, the best player in the Country today by a mile. I just think Mayo may have played their all-Ireland final already, Tyrone's best is yet to come.

These are fair questions and I refer the right honourable gentleman to last year's semi-final's answer with the same squad and management.
MWWSI 2017

never kickt a ball

First it was

Moy Plunkett

Then

Moy Sean, Phillip, Ryan and Colm

Now it's Moy P

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oSu2zRW5I

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/archives/24804

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 10:42:43 PM

1952 Connacht final.

1994,2001 Connacht finals, round 4 qualifiers v Westmeath 01,Fermanagh 03 and quarter final v Meath in 2009.

The original post said 'barring Connacht Finals' and did mention 'big games'. Maybe Meath was a big-ish game but as for the other two, sadly neither our teams nor supporters seem to have much time for qualifiers.

I always got the impression that the qualifers was a thing for other counties, only way to win Sam is kicking the front door down. This year we are using a tank to take front door and house with us.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Whishtup

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 21, 2013, 10:35:19 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 21, 2013, 10:14:33 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 21, 2013, 09:59:54 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 21, 2013, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 21, 2013, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 21, 2013, 09:45:45 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 21, 2013, 06:51:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2013, 06:46:12 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 06:01:23 PM

1952 Connacht final.

QuoteBarring Connaught titles

He considers Connacht nothing so that wasn't a 'big game'.
Why do people ( esp from the North) keep calling it "Connaught"(sic).
It's CONNACHT esp when that's the official title i mBéarla of the GAA entity.

Same ones that go apeshit if someone says Londonderry, calls the U.K. Britain, refers to Northern Ireland as Ulster.
What's this lads?:
http://www.con-telegraph.ie/

Goes back to the origins of that 'newspaper' I believe. I've yet to see an article in that paper without typos, grammatical mistakes, and/or factual inaccuracies.

'tis no wonder people are calling it Connaught if the a feckin' Mayo newspaper does!  Unbelievable!  Tsk!

We have a few, each of which I'd buy above that one. The Mayo News, The Western People, The Mayo Advertiser.

I was wondering what this page was all about :http://www.westernpeople.com/where-we-are/  so I ran a translation on it:

"We will be sure to post a comment. Please get any refund, but have not. But immigration tracking consumer behavior but need to maintain a balance. But scientists vehicle users and thermal fatigue. Please be sure to free tickets, not playing nice. In the afternoon, the hatred typically takes minutes, before running vehicle.

Soft and now need financial support. No items. Zen also guaranteed financing. But selling a commodity, but not more sophisticated styling. Arsenal soccer club not pure real estate loans. Recent Olympic laughter. This was the hotel, but variable with arrows downtown, real estate changes all that. Illegal trade of life for the company's growth. No.

Easy. Yes, for the influence of fear, but of mourning for the undergraduate, the main anyone wise. We need financing costs, a strategic marketing and corporate. We tank capacity. More information: My cat chocolate base. Even time, sellers or telephone gate, now wants to push a lot, but it was played professional soccer before. More laughter therapy."

Are ye all buck mad over there?
They saw ye comin' son.
Just type "ipsum lorem" into Google and see what you come up with. ;D

...ah, an unfinished website.  Typical...

Blowitupref

1952 Connacht final.

The winner of the Connacht final,round 4 games reach the All Ireland quarter final so big-ish games  IMO.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 21, 2013, 10:45:10 PM
I always got the impression that the qualifers was a thing for other counties, only way to win Sam is kicking the front door down.
Other counties like Galway 2001, Tyrone 2005,2008, Kerry 2006,2009 and Cork 2010. The only way to win Sam is to win the All Ireland final.

BennyHarp

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 21, 2013, 10:45:10 PM

1952 Connacht final.

I always got the impression that the qualifers was a thing for other counties, only way to win Sam is kicking the front door down. This year we are using a tank to take front door and house with us.

Just be careful that house doesn't fall in around you - again!!  :D I'd say you lads would be grateful recipients of Sam regardless of how he comes.
That was never a square ball!!

give her dixie

Keep the pictures of "Mayo 4 Sam" coming. Some great shots from around the world
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ONeill

Yes, like "Save the whales".

Hahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.