Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Tony, you'll free parking along the Luas lines if you go out a bit. The red cow may be free and its handy to get into town. Otherwise somewhere like Phibsboro should have some street with free weekend parking.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

muppet

Quote from: tonysoprano on August 21, 2013, 11:36:31 AM
Lads, a crowd of us are heading down to Dub on Saturday for a few days for the game. Can anyone recommend a good, cheap place to abandon the car for the entirety of the weekend? Anywhere handy to the city centre will be grand.

http://www.irishrail.ie/Clongriffin

Underground car park beside the Dart station. It will be quiet but it is safe as far as I know and is free. (It was closed last month for a while ago so might be worth phoning irishrail to check it is open again). Bit if it is open it is dead handy for people coming in to the North of the city.

Easy to get to off the M1, left for Malahide after the airport, left at 2nd roundabout after big Tesco on the right and then right at traffic lights.
MWWSI 2017

blanketattack

Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 11:28:47 AM
All Stars comparison in the current squads:

Tyrone 12 Mayo 6

Bookies have missed this.

To be able to gloat on Monday you have to post the bet before Sunday.

Tyrone at 7/2 is a giveaway.

€1.

12½ if you include Joe McMahon!

muppet

Quote from: blanketattack on August 21, 2013, 11:42:24 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 11:28:47 AM
All Stars comparison in the current squads:

Tyrone 12 Mayo 6

Bookies have missed this.

To be able to gloat on Monday you have to post the bet before Sunday.

Tyrone at 7/2 is a giveaway.

€1.

12½ if you include Joe McMahon!

Actually I should have included Justin so 13!
MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 21, 2013, 11:36:13 AM
This must be the least hyped up All Ireland Semi Final that Tyrone have ever played. Hardly a flag up anywhere in the county, and pretty much everyone you speak to gives the team no chance at all.
No one outside of the team expects to win really.

LOL, have you not read any of the last 20 pages?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

tonysoprano

Quote from: muppet on August 21, 2013, 11:41:18 AM
Lads, a crowd of us are heading down to Dub on Saturday for a few days for the game. Can anyone recommend a good, cheap place to abandon the car for the entirety of the weekend? Anywhere handy to the city centre will be grand.

http://www.irishrail.ie/Clongriffin

Underground car park beside the Dart station. It will be quiet but it is safe as far as I know and is free. (It was closed last month for a while ago so might be worth phoning irishrail to check it is open again). Bit if it is open it is dead handy for people coming in to the North of the city.

Easy to get to off the M1, left for Malahide after the airport, left at 2nd roundabout after big Tesco on the right and then right at traffic lights.

Thanks muppet! Will check it out.

ballinaman

St Ignatius road off dorset street ( across the road from red parrott pub ) has free weekend on street parking. 5 min walk to croker and 10 mins to O'Connell street. Lived there for a year, v safe. Never had any problems.

yellowcard

Whilst I think Mayo are worthy favourites for this game, how they can be priced up at 2/7 to win this game is hard to justify. The national media hype has effected the bookies rationale on this one if you analyse the form. Tyrone have been steadily gaining momentum in the back door and had a very good League camapaign being the only team to beat the Dubs this calendar year. Mayo have been very impressive in the championship to date and have effectively been out of sight by half time in their games to date. Based on form Mayo deserve to be warm favourites but to be 2/7 in an AI semi final against Tyrone would suggest they are playing no hopers. Player for player I don't believe there is an awful lot of difference between the sides.

I really want Mayo to win but I am tempted to play on Tyrone at 7/2 for the value bet.

rrhf

Id imagine Harte will start with Big Cassidy at number 14, and load it into him like Donegal did with Murphy last year.  Make no mistake about it the loss of Penrose will be difficult to overcome and I suspect that you could see a job here for Dermy Carlin winning the dirty ball and defending from 15 back.     I have heard big Packie is hitting the frees well in training.   Any more tactics?

supersarsfields

This thread has been great craic. Firstly we started of nice and slow, then Mayo Mick broke ground and went in guns blazing. a few Tyrone boys retaliate, and the onslaught from Mayo began. Then things simmered down again and we even had a bit of patting each other on the back before "hype" was brought into it. This was followed by both sides playing their chances down and a bit of cute hourism before Larry comes in and kicks it all of again. We've had accusations of arrogance, ignorance, poor mouth, over confidence, under confidence, being past it, never being it, bottlers, not tested, over achievement and plenty more.

But sure you'd rather be involved in it than not!!  :D

muppet

Quote from: rrhf on August 21, 2013, 11:59:54 AM
Id imagine Harte will start with Big Cassidy at number 14, and load it into him like Donegal did with Murphy last year.  Make no mistake about it the loss of Penrose will be difficult to overcome and I suspect that you could see a job here for Dermy Carlin winning the dirty ball and defending from 15 back.     I have heard big Packie is hitting the frees well in training.

I really hope so, but I doubt Harte will do it. It worked a treat for 10 minutes for Donegal last year but that was about it. It would be great to see Tyrone completely change tactics for this game, but I expect Harte will have far more faith in his men than that.

MWWSI 2017

everymanaman

Quote from: rrhf on August 21, 2013, 11:59:54 AM
Id imagine Harte will start with Big Cassidy at number 14, and load it into him like Donegal did with Murphy last year.  Make no mistake about it the loss of Penrose will be difficult to overcome and I suspect that you could see a job here for Dermy Carlin winning the dirty ball and defending from 15 back.     I have heard big Packie is hitting the frees well in training.   Any more tactics?
Cassidy won't start a cship game for Tyrone in foreseeable future. Impact player due to his lack of mobility. Apparently those tracker vests they were bear testify to that.

muppet

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 21, 2013, 12:04:35 PM
This thread has been great craic. Firstly we started of nice and slow, then Mayo Mick broke ground and went in guns blazing. a few Tyrone boys retaliate, and the onslaught from Mayo began. Then things simmered down again and we even had a bit of patting each other on the back before "hype" was brought into it. This was followed by both sides playing their chances down and a bit of cute hourism before Larry comes in and kicks it all of again. We've had accusations of arrogance, ignorance, poor mouth, over confidence, under confidence, being past it, never being it, bottlers, not tested, over achievement and plenty more.

But sure you'd rather be involved in it than not!!  :D

Yes it is great to be involved at the end of August and we shouldn't take it for granted.

I am thinking of bringing my young lad as it might be a long time before Mayo are here again. Although I suspect he will end up supporting the Dubs when he is older.
MWWSI 2017

sensethetone

there's no way mickey harte would start cassidy and have tyrone pump balls at. they done it for a while againist monaghan with hardly any positive outcome

rrhf

Tyrone heads down and modest and as we get closer to the match we will give it our all and hopefully fingers crossed Cavanagh is fit to play.