Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 11:02:57 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 10:59:29 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 21, 2013, 10:54:01 AM
Id say Harte is concentrating on getting a performance out of his own team.  We haven't even gone into tactics yet.  Id say the video of last years all Ireland final will be watched closely to get it right, maybe the morning of the game after the fry.

Could we see a change of tactic altogether, with a big fella like Cassidy in full forward? He played in there for a short time v Monaghan and looking at last years AI final goals is the long ball into FF a weakness to exploit? Stevie playing a more open CHF role a la Gooch?
You could be right there Benny, we've been undone by that a few times in the past

I really, really hope Tyrone do that.

But Harte is no fool.
MWWSI 2017

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 11:01:21 AM
Mayo are one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years.

For real? What have they won in those 20 years?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

ONeill

Reading this would make you want to fire the PC out the window, theres some awful shite been written.

That's cute. You boys still use PCs? Listen, there's these things coming called tablets soon. Don't feed them to your granny.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mayo4Sam

Well I'll go back to the original point that we know we havent won the AI, you dont have to win it to be consistent.
We have won five semi finals, eight connacht championship, a league final and maybe six league semi finals. We've also been the only team to retain division one status in that time (well since '96 at least).

Consistent enough? Or are you going to come back with the tired line of us not having won the all ireland?
By winning one will that make us consistent?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ONeill on August 21, 2013, 11:12:29 AM
Reading this would make you want to fire the PC out the window, theres some awful shite been written.

That's cute. You boys still use PCs? Listen, there's these things coming called tablets soon. Don't feed them to your granny.
theres a recession on in the free state o'neill, we're still on windows 95

BennyHarp

Quote from: larryin89 on August 21, 2013, 11:03:15 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 10:59:29 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 21, 2013, 10:54:01 AM
Id say Harte is concentrating on getting a performance out of his own team.  We haven't even gone into tactics yet.  Id say the video of last years all Ireland final will be watched closely to get it right, maybe the morning of the game after the fry.

Could we see a change of tactic altogether, with a big fella like Cassidy in full forward? He played in there for a short time v Monaghan and looking at last years AI final goals is the long ball into FF a weakness to exploit? Stevie playing a more open CHF role a la Gooch?

Yep more informative posts about Mayo. They have not worked on that at all, the first thing they said when they regrouped for 13 was , look we just have to hope no team watches the final again because we can't improve in this area at all. Well spotted.

So what youse done to solve that problem?
That was never a square ball!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2013, 11:12:59 AM
Well I'll go back to the original point that we know we havent won the AI, you dont have to win it to be consistent.
We have won five semi finals, eight connacht championship, a league final and maybe six league semi finals. We've also been the only team to retain division one status in that time (well since '96 at least).

Consistent enough? Or are you going to come back with the tired line of us not having won the all ireland?

So you have lost 5 AI finals and 5 league finals. That's fairly consistent alright!
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM
Mayo are one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years.

For real? What have they won in those 20 years?

No one said they won anything.

Are you arguing that Mayo were NOT one of the most consistent teams of the last 20 years?
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 21, 2013, 11:16:06 AM

So you have lost 5 AI finals and 5 league finals. That's fairly consistent alright!
Absolutely, but getting there is consistent also.
In fact winning could ruin our consistency!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

How may finals have you lost including the league ones that's unreal levels of consistency - There is a place known as Mayotopia.http://mayotopia.blogspot.co.uk/.  Who laid the curse?  You must have disturbed something in knock when ye built the airport? 

muppet

All Stars comparison in the current squads:

Tyrone 12 Mayo 6

Bookies have missed this.

To be able to gloat on Monday you have to post the bet before Sunday.

Tyrone at 7/2 is a giveaway.

€1.
MWWSI 2017

blewuporstuffed

Mayo are favourites and rightly so, but 7/2 is a massive price for tyrone at this stage.

The last time i remember tyrone being that big a price for a game in croke park was dublin in 2008.........
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

sam03/05

This must be the least hyped up All Ireland Semi Final that Tyrone have ever played. Hardly a flag up anywhere in the county, and pretty much everyone you speak to gives the team no chance at all.
No one outside of the team expects to win really.

tonysoprano

Lads, a crowd of us are heading down to Dub on Saturday for a few days for the game. Can anyone recommend a good, cheap place to abandon the car for the entirety of the weekend? Anywhere handy to the city centre will be grand.