Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 19, 2013, 09:43:24 PM
So how many from the 2008 minor final are likely to play a part on Sunday? McNabb, Matty Donnelly, Petey Harte and possibly Kyle Coney for Tyrone? What about Mayo - is it just Aiden O'Shea and Keane?

R Hennelly, Yawn!

From the Bunker

So how many from the 2008 minor final are likely to play a part on Sunday? McNabb, Matty Donnelly, Petey Harte and possibly Kyle Coney for Tyrone? What about Mayo - is it just Aiden O'Shea and Keane?

Tyrone: T Harney; F McQuaid, G Teague, R Pickering (capt); S MacRory, P Harte, R McNabb; N McKenna (0-01), M Rogers; C Gervin (0-03), D McNulty, M Donnelly (0-01); K Coney, P McNeice (0-06, 1f), C O'Neill (0-03, 3f).
Subs used: R Tierney for MacRory (50 mins), S Warnock for Rogers (53), B McGarvey for McNabb (55).
Mayo: R Hennelly; D Dolan, K Keane, J Broderick; S McHale, E Reilly, S Nally (capt) (0-01); J Cafferty, G McDonagh; C Freeman (0-04), A O'Shea (0-02), R Geraghty (0-01); K Charlton, A Walsh (0-04, 3f), A Corduff (0-01).
Subs used: D Gavin (0-01) for Charlton (39 mins), D O'Hara for Geraghty (50).

How many of the 2006 Tyrone under 21 Ulster winning team are part of the Squad?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

2013 trending worldwide

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

We've a terrible record at semi final stage. I fear this will continue on Sunday. The players will hardly play as well as they did against a Donegal team who were bewildered from the word go. Tyrone will be coming in off a three week break which will suit them down to the ground, as they were under intense pressure at stages in the Monaghan game. It was after all their 4th game in 4 weeks if I'm correct. I have an awful feeling about this game on Sunday. I would gladly be proven wrong, however. If we had Tyrone the following week, we'd have beat them, no doubt about it, but not now. Harte is the best manager standing. He's the only one with the knowledge of how to win an All Ireland as manager into the bargain.

PS, I have a friend who has two Upper Hogan tickets. She wants to swap for two Lower Hogan tickets. Any takers?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 19, 2013, 09:59:46 PM

Tyrone: T Harney; F McQuaid, G Teague, R Pickering (capt); S MacRory, P Harte, R McNabb; N McKenna (0-01), M Rogers; C Gervin (0-03), D McNulty, M Donnelly (0-01); K Coney, P McNeice (0-06, 1f), C O'Neill (0-03, 3f).
Subs used: R Tierney for MacRory (50 mins), S Warnock for Rogers (53), B McGarvey for McNabb (55).
Mayo: R Hennelly; D Dolan, K Keane, J Broderick; S McHale, E Reilly, S Nally (capt) (0-01); J Cafferty, G McDonagh; C Freeman (0-04), A O'Shea (0-02), R Geraghty (0-01); K Charlton, A Walsh (0-04, 3f), A Corduff (0-01).
Subs used: D Gavin (0-01) for Charlton (39 mins), D O'Hara for Geraghty (50).

How many of the 2006 Tyrone under 21 Ulster winning team are part of the Squad?

Jaysus, you are very touchy! I wasn't even trying to have a dig, was interested how many were involved as it was a fairly good minor final that year. And to answer your question I think only Colm Cavanagh and Justy McMahon, though PJ Quinn was involved earlier in the year.

Interesting that Paddy McNiece got 0-6 that day in 2008 but has mainly been used as a workhorse than a finisher under Mickey.
That was never a square ball!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 19, 2013, 10:03:47 PM
We've a terrible record at semi final stage. I fear this will continue on Sunday. The players will hardly play as well as they did against a Donegal team who were bewildered from the word go. Tyrone will be coming in off a three week break which will suit them down to the ground, as they were under intense pressure at stages in the Monaghan game. It was after all their 4th game in 4 weeks if I'm correct. I have an awful feeling about this game on Sunday. I would gladly be proven wrong, however. If we had Tyrone the following week, we'd have beat them, no doubt about it, but not now. Harte is the best manager standing. He's the only one with the knowledge of how to win an All Ireland as manager into the bargain.

PS, I have a friend who has two Upper Hogan tickets. She wants to swap for two Lower Hogan tickets. Any takers?

Where did you come up with that? We win as many as we lose!

larryin89

Not really a 50% strike rate since 85 in my calculations. 12semis /six wins.

I truly believe Tyrone don't have a hope if Mayo play to their potential, baffled as to how any Mayo supporter could be negative this season unless trying to adopt a bit of cute hoorism malarkey ,which is a load of nonsense too as it has no impact on result . Just gives a man/woman the right to say " told ya so" after , if it went wrong.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 19, 2013, 10:14:06 PM

I'm going back since the foundation of the GAA. We've 45 friggin Connacht titles, and only appeared in 13 finals. A terrible strikerate.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on August 19, 2013, 10:14:43 PM

Not really a 50% strike rate since 85 in my calculations. 12semis /six wins.

I truly believe Tyrone don't have a hope if Mayo play to their potential, baffled as to how any Mayo supporter could be negative this season unless trying to adopt a bit of cute hoorism malarkey ,which is a load of nonsense too as it has no impact on result . Just gives a man/woman the right to say " told ya so" after , if it went wrong.

100%, it's insurance against a bad day in the office. And feck had we had some?

Captain Obvious

1952 to 1988 since Mayo had terrible record at semi final stage not now. Don't need to play as well, one point win will be enough. You are right the break should help Tyrone and they probably have the best manager standing however he doesn't have the players,quality he had in 2003,05,08.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 19, 2013, 10:16:07 PM

I'm going back since the foundation of the GAA. We've 45 friggin Connacht titles, and only appeared in 13 finals. A terrible strikerate.

Between 1952 and 1988

A mere 6 semi-final appearances and a 0% success rate in the All-Ireland semi-finals.

Time to quit, all the stats and history say Tyrone.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 19, 2013, 10:16:07 PM

Ah Farr, live for today!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com