Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Good news on Gormley. Can't see anything other than a Tyrone win now!
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2013, 11:34:00 PM
Mayo and Horan's nerves must be shot after the last 24 hours.

I'd say as we speak he is going through his rubbish to find the 'how to deal with Gormley' tome.

PS anyone know a way to get rid of these pesky Rosquitos? They are all over the thread.
MWWSI 2017

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on August 15, 2013, 11:15:06 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 15, 2013, 11:03:01 PM
In fairness to the mayo fellas they are the most likeable guys on this board. Couldn't be bate by nicer.

That's an excellent dig, but it's too subtle for Mayo posters to get.

Just like it is too subtle for the Rossies to cop on to the fact that in Gaa terms Ballagh is in Mayo ;)

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2013, 11:34:00 PM
Mayo and Horan's nerves must be shot after the last 24 hours.

He got the airport bus from Ballina this evening to catch a plane to Boston last I heard. Just to get away from the hype and pressure. The call is about to go out to the king of Mayo falling flat on their faces type performances John Maughan just to get with programme! :'(

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Gabriel_Hurl

Didn't Gormley get busted in the face by a ball that day in 2004 and have to be subbed off early doors?

Incidentally - that was the last game I ever saw live in Croke Park  :-[

Syferus

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 16, 2013, 01:59:00 AM
Didn't Gormley get busted in the face by a ball that day in 2004 and have to be subbed off early doors?

Incidentally - that was the last game I ever saw live in Croke Park  :-[

Ah ladeen, now's you're chance. Pick a semi to go to and you're good.

rrhf

Have mayo actually bate Tyrone when Gormley has been on the field. I wonder how horan plans to contain Gormley. Smart man he has seen mayo flounder so many  times on so many big days he has removed the mentally weaker players like Mortimer and replaced them with guys who have very little upstairs but are pure winners. Used to be mayo would be bate before the ball was thrown in as guys heads would go. Nowadays in the morning of a game what might prove to be the dumbest group of Nora s ever to win Sam have been tweaked and over coached to perform as robots. It's important that every county looks on and scans the intermediate schools for guys who can be play gaeiic.

T Fearon

Has there ever been a day of such dramatic u turns in the six counties as yesterday?

seafoid

Quote from: rrhf on August 16, 2013, 06:18:55 AM
Have mayo actually bate Tyrone when Gormley has been on the field. I wonder how horan plans to contain Gormley. Smart man he has seen mayo flounder so many  times on so many big days he has removed the mentally weaker players like Mortimer and replaced them with guys who have very little upstairs but are pure winners. Used to be mayo would be bate before the ball was thrown in as guys heads would go. Nowadays in the morning of a game what might prove to be the dumbest group of Nora s ever to win Sam have been tweaked and over coached to perform as robots. It's important that every county looks on and scans the intermediate schools for guys who can be play gaeiic.
Is Gormley El Cid?

EC Unique

I see Tyrone were to appeal Penrose' ban as well. Any word on how that went? I would not expect him to get off as he did indeed swing where as Gormley did not. I also hope he is not available as it will force Mickey into a change which IMO is a good thing..

Bensars

seafoid

Quote from: Tubberman on August 15, 2013, 10:08:35 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 15, 2013, 09:42:20 PM
I feel the humble power of the simple written statement of facts has had the effect of some people seeing sense. Dont worry about tyrone lads we hail from a county where our members were often discriminated against for generations.  We never expected  the behaviour of so called fellow gaa members but disrimination takes many forms and is nothing new to us but you will not make us lie down and take it.  I think the idea that gaa people are bonded together by ideals is under real threat by rte and ryle nugents gaa coverage. i see joe brolly as a silly arse but he now will carry the message for rtes anti gaa brigade.  He will understand the craic within the next 5 years. Shame

Good man. Keep her lit, the world is agin ye!
Ye Mayo lads must understand that there is a hierarchy of football victim teams  and Tyrone are top of it.

Jinxy

Hawkeye has been reprogrammed to adjudicate on any strikes or attempted strikes by Gormley.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 16, 2013, 10:00:41 AM
Hawkeye has been reprogrammed to adjudicate on any strikes or attempted strikes by Gormley.

And it has been renamed ShiteHawk.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman