Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tubberman

Quote from: rrhf on August 15, 2013, 09:42:20 PM
I feel the humble power of the simple written statement of facts has had the effect of some people seeing sense. Dont worry about tyrone lads we hail from a county where our members were often discriminated against for generations.  We never expected  the behaviour of so called fellow gaa members but disrimination takes many forms and is nothing new to us but you will not make us lie down and take it.  I think the idea that gaa people are bonded together by ideals is under real threat by rte and ryle nugents gaa coverage. i see joe brolly as a silly arse but he now will carry the message for rtes anti gaa brigade.  He will understand the craic within the next 5 years. Shame

Good man. Keep her lit, the world is agin ye!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

EC Unique

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 15, 2013, 10:02:30 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 15, 2013, 09:11:07 PM
Yeah - Jerome Quinn reporting that

QuoteBREAKING GAA NEWS - Conor Gormley cleared! According to sources in Tyrone, it was announced at a County Board meeting tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm7p-RLFg2I

Lol.. 

Sidney

Quote from: rrhf on August 15, 2013, 09:42:20 PM
I feel the humble power of the simple written statement of facts has had the effect of some people seeing sense. Dont worry about tyrone lads we hail from a county where our members were often discriminated against for generations.  We never expected  the behaviour of so called fellow gaa members but disrimination takes many forms and is nothing new to us but you will not make us lie down and take it.  I think the idea that gaa people are bonded together by ideals is under real threat by rtes gaa coverage. i see joe brolly as a silly arse but he now will carry the message for rtes anti gaa brigade.  He will understand the craic within the next 5 years. Shame
All that Tyrone A4 sheet of "facts" was missing was a declaration of "No Surrender - We Are The People!".

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on August 15, 2013, 09:09:04 PM
Gormley plays.  :D

Ah good stuff! Don't know why he was suspended in the first place. If there was an issue with him it should have been sown up the Monday morning after the game not 10 days later. Very poor administration. Looking forward to seeing him play on Sunday week.

Fear ón Srath Bán

A little bit of reminiscing...

Mc Menamin recalls 'Surreal' Mayo match

SHOCKED supporters could hardly contemplate what they had just witnessed during the opening minutes of Tyrone's clash against Mayo nine years ago.

High expectations, of course, surrounded the prospects of the Red Hands. As All-Ireland champions, hopes were high that they would confidently dispose of the challenge posed by the Connacht men.

But then the carefully laid preparations were thrown into disarray. Fermanagh's victory over Armagh in the curtain-raiser had just sent shockwaves around Croke Park. Now, all bets were off and the Mayo men capitalised in fine fashion in their clash with Tyrone.

Ryan McMenamin remembers the game well, and the atmosphere which permeated the stands as the All-Ireland Quarter Final got underway.

"The Mayo game [in 2004] was a strange game, a surreal game," remarked the Dromore man.

"Fermanagh had just beat Armagh and that had an impact.

"We took our eye off the ball. We were guilty of getting ahead of ourselves and thinking that if we won we would be playing Fermanagh.

"On the day Mayo were just a  better team.

"We felt that we were in a good place, we felt that we were well prepared, but it was just one of those days."

Mayo went on to defeat Fermanagh after a replay in the All-Ireland semi-final, but then collapsed completely in the final against Kerry. No wonder, then, that 2004 is very much viewed as a missed opportunity for Mickey Harte and his players.

But there's no doubt that the surprise outcome of the curtain-raiser and the manner in which it was achieved affected the mood and ultimately Tyrone's fortunes.

"I haven't really thought about it that much because it was one of those days that you would just like to forget. It was hard to explain.

"There was a brilliant atmosphere before the game. There was a big hoopla with Fermanagh winning. When we went out, nothing went right for us. It was just one of those games.

"Everything that we did was wrong. I don't remember much from the game, but I remember walking off the field and thinking that it was an All-Ireland title that we left behind us."

From the Strabane Chronicle.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on August 15, 2013, 09:51:32 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 15, 2013, 09:47:12 PM
Yid feel sorry for them Mayo buckaroodleyjimmymebobs.  When all the attention should be on the best team they've ever had, they've been forgotten about amongst Brolly/Penrose/Brollygate.  Psychologically, they're fecked!
MWR doesn't cover O'Neill's Tyrone feed. 
And Mike Denver never sings about it.

We might be mucksavages in Mayo but Mike Denver is your mucksavage seafoid being a Portuma man. 8)

Whishtup

I'm sure there are another few twishteens in the taileroo before the game.  Y'know, the usual freakish injury or controversy that precedes big Tyrone games.  For now, we'll breathe out.

Syferus

Yeah, lads, we won't forget about FACT that fast.

Swirling clouds. Rain forecast.

rrhf

In fairness to the mayo fellas they are the most likeable guys on this board. Couldn't be bate by nicer.

north down

Justice has been done! - Makes you wonder how the CCC arrived at it's decision in the first place.

Jinxy

Quote from: rrhf on August 15, 2013, 11:03:01 PM
In fairness to the mayo fellas they are the most likeable guys on this board. Couldn't be bate by nicer.

:'(
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: rrhf on August 15, 2013, 11:03:01 PM

That's an excellent dig, but it's too subtle for Mayo posters to get.

ONeill

Mayo and Horan's nerves must be shot after the last 24 hours.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2013, 11:34:00 PM
Mayo and Horan's nerves must be shot after the last 24 hours.

Sssh, we're to pretend they're against us!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...