Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 08, 2013, 03:17:25 PM
Can't see anything other than a comprehensive Mayo win.Tyrone don't have the forwards to beat a top team like Mayo.We're depending on Cavanagh scoring 5 or 6 pts but the forwards aren't pulling their weight.We were fortunate enough to draw Monaghan as I don't think we would have beaten any of the other 3.We can live in hope though.

If there wasn't hope there wouldn't be a single Mayo poster on this forum.
MWWSI 2017

EC Unique

Can't see anything other than a comprehensive Mayo win.Tyrone don't have the forwards to beat a top team like Mayo.We're depending on Cavanagh scoring 5 or 6 pts but the forwards aren't pulling their weight.We were fortunate enough to draw Monaghan as I don't think we would have beaten any of the other 3.We can live in hope though.

All joking aside this is how I feel. I really hope Tyrone win but I think Mayo will. A couple of years too early for this Tyrone side that has a lot of young players not experienced at this level in comparison to Mayo. No matter who wins I hope the All Ireland champions come from this fixture.

BennyHarp

Quote from: EC Unique on August 08, 2013, 04:55:56 PM

All joking aside this is how I feel. I really hope Tyrone win but I think Mayo will. A couple of years too early for this Tyrone side that has a lot of young players not experienced at this level in comparison to Mayo. No matter who wins I hope the All Ireland champions come from this fixture.

+1. I would actually love to see Mayo win the All Ireland, they, more than most counties have been consistently there or thereabouts over the years but this team does seem to have a little more about them than previous years and full credit to James Horan. It's going to be a massive task for Tyrone but you never know!
That was never a square ball!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: larryin89 on August 08, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
People still don't realise how good Mayo are, bulk of Mayo support included.

No sense in  posting on the aul forums either half the time, if your post does not include , a mild mannerism a conservative view point , you're just told.''you don't know what you're talking about''.

Mayo will steamroll Tyrone.sin e. Tart it up anyway you want though.

+1

Can't see us winning by any less than 5 points.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

The Hill is Blue

No sense in  posting on the aul forums either half the time, if your post does not include , a mild mannerism a conservative view point , you're just told.''you don't know what you're talking about''.

A lot of people seem to be missing one obvious fact – Donegal were a seriously broken team this year and any one of perhaps six teams could have trashed them.

Don't get ahead of yourselves Mayo.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Syferus

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 08, 2013, 05:33:13 PM

A lot of people seem to be missing one obvious fact – Donegal were a seriously broken team this year and any one of perhaps six teams could have trashed them.

Lucky that they're playing a team that broken Donegal side beat well, then.

From the Bunker

True Donegal were heading toward the edge all year and Mayo pushed (or should i say heavily shoved them) over the edge. They have been in gradual decline and Tyrone probably met Donegal at their least vulnerable. That said they did lose by six points to them. So while you don't give credit to Mayo beating them (which is fair enough). Where do ye stand in losing by six points to them?

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 08, 2013, 06:11:01 PM

True Donegal were heading toward the edge all year and Mayo pushed (or should i say heavily shoved them) over the edge. They have been in gradual decline and Tyrone probably met Donegal at their least vulnerable. That said they did lose by six points to them. So while you don't give credit to Mayo beating them (which is fair enough). Where do ye stand in losing by six points to them?

Mayo may well be the best thing since fried bread – only time will tell. But I think that it could be a mistake to draw a line of form through Donegal's defeat of Tyrone in Ulster. Jim McGuinness repeated many times during the National League that their focus was on the game against Tyrone.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Syferus

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 08, 2013, 06:30:16 PM

Mayo may well be the best thing since fried bread – only time will tell. But I think that it could be a mistake to draw a line of form through Donegal's defeat of Tyrone in Ulster. Jim McGuinness repeated many times during the National League that their focus was on the game against Tyrone.

If that's your reasoning then you can be damn sure he spent just as long game-planning for Mayo, everyone and their mother knew those two teams were due to meet in August. Donegal were down but they certainly weren't 'broken'.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Syferus on August 08, 2013, 06:37:28 PM

If that's your reasoning then you can be damn sure he spent just as long game-planning for Mayo, everyone and their mother knew those two teams were due to meet in August. Donegal were down but they certainly weren't 'broken'.

Like I say, Mayo may be the best thing since fried bread..... ;)

From the Bunker

Yeah, Unlike Donegal, Tyrone would have put all their focus on the League. They would have spent little time preparing for their opening game versus Donegal.

Farrandeelin

Don't worry, I'm not getting ahead one bit. Tyrone will do everything they can to bypass O'Shea brothers. I just hope Mayo have a plan B if things are getting tough with a few minutes to go and not fade out of the game like they did in the last 10 against Donegal. Tyrone may be in transition, or they may not, but they will provide Mayo with a test that we haven't got all championship.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 08, 2013, 06:45:10 PM

Like I say, Mayo may be the best thing since fried bread..... ;)

Ah Media not giving you enough attention this week? We'll only take the lime light off ye for this week. The papers will soon be back on ye're bandwagon and singing ye're praises.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Whishtup

Fried wheaten bread, soda bread, potato bread, pancake, white bread-ye can't bate it!
Have to say I enjoy the banter with the Mayo lads.  Amazing how the Mayo lads in work, though, are so sure of an all-Ireland this year.  I feel like saying "Jeasis, slow down Tommay!" 
For any of our successes, I found that I was apprehensive about all of the matches.  I hope James Horan is working on keeping the team calm as I honestly think that this is going to be a cracking encounter with a frantic first half.  Quality of subs will win it.  We really could do with Penrose for that electric speed and terrier-like tackling in defence and attack, nomatter what anyone says.