Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

@From The Bunker.Have you been to the Farradeelin school of negativity recently? Jaysus like...wait actually, Yerra!

@Omagh_gael.That's a very fair assessment IMO.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ballinaman on August 06, 2013, 07:14:19 PM
@From The Bunker.Have you been to the Farradeelin school of negativity recently? Jaysus like...wait actually, Yerra!

@Omagh_gael.That's a very fair assessment IMO.

I'm only calling it as it is Ballinaman. Is there anything in there you can contradict?

Syferus

Seanie was only perfecting the rugby tackling in those days.

And what is it with Pascal McConnell and throwing shapes? He wanted a piece of poor Donie last year too. Mustn't like Connacht men.

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm looking forward to a clean, free-flowing game with no cynicism whatsoever

Syferus

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 06, 2013, 07:27:18 PM
I'm looking forward to a clean, free-flowing game with no cynicism whatsoever

Luckily both those animals are injured. The other lads are all very nice fellas. Don't be worrying about any dirty stuff now.

Farrandeelin

Donegal beat Tyrone FtB so they're hardly a team of no substance.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 06, 2013, 07:29:05 PM

Ah, they were only building up steam at that stage. They are a different proposition now.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 06, 2013, 07:34:54 PM

Ah, they were only building up steam at that stage. They are a different proposition now.

To be honest Tyrone have played much the same in all their matches t his year. Didn't see the Offally one but that looks to have been as much about Offaly being poor and throwing the towel more than Tyrone being earth-shattering. Tyrone are consistent and they play at or near the potential in most games. It won't be enough to beat a decent Mayo performance.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2013, 07:38:38 PM

To be honest Tyrone have played much the same in all their matches t his year. Didn't see the Offally one but that looks to have been as much about Offaly being poor and throwing the towel more than Tyrone being earth-shattering. Tyrone are consistent and they play at or near the potential in most games. It won't be enough to beat a decent Mayo performance.

But what about Mayo's poor past performances in Croke park, their not being able to handle the favourites tag, their poor league form, the hype, the lack of a decent test so far, their lack of a marquee forward?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Whishtup on August 05, 2013, 08:17:48 PM
I know they say that the league counts for nothing but Tyrone and Dublin were so far ahead of everyone else that I fancy both to reach the final.  I would also fancy the same outcome as the league final as the Dubs physicality can not be matched by any other team.

Tyrone's run in to the semi-final cannot be dismissed.

-Hammered an Offaly team who were high in confidence after putting it up to Kildare (in Offaly)(altough although had players out)
-Bate Roscommon in Roscommon-a team hurting from their display against Mayo with new impetus from John Evans.
-Bate a Kildare team in Kildare with Kieran McGeeney fighting for survival.
-Bate Meath after Meath scaring the shite out of Dublin in Croke Park.
-Bate Monaghan who were on the crest of a wave after taking Ulster.

The Mayo Donegal game will have done Mayo no favours at all-better to have come through a tight battle.  As for Aidan O'Shea he'll need more than a couple of high catches and bullock runs to impress against Tyrone-we'll give him no respect.

The speed of Dublin is frightening-altough they are a great team, I don't see anything frightening about Mayo.
You are taking the piss, aren't you?
So Tyrone's run to the semi-final cannot be dismissed, can it?
Heh heh, I agree.  ;D ;D
Ye started off by getting a batin' from Donegal, who went on to get an even more emphatic one form Mayo, who will be waiting for ye in the semi.
Ye'r dead right; I wouldn't dismiss that either if I was in your shoes.
Next up, Roscommon. Ye just about managed to nose in front of them at the end even though the Rossies had just changed managers and were still shell shocked from the mauling they got from guess who; yep, you got it right in one go I expect.
If you didn't, it's the team ye will have to face in yer next match.
So ye bate Monaghan, did ye?
I guess ye did but only when one of your players decided to change codes and executed a flying rugby tackle that Joe Sheridan would be jealous of. Joe being no mean code changer either.
Ye bate Meath after Meath scaring the shite out of Dublin. Fair enough, but you forget to mention that they also scared the shite out of your gang also.
We all know Tyrone won't show any respect for Aidan O'Shea since ye've never shown respect for anybody or anything; including the ethos and rules of the game.
If you still don't see anything frightening about Mayo, you, my friend, are a walking advert for Specsavers.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 06, 2013, 07:44:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2013, 07:38:38 PM

But what about Mayo's poor past performances in Croke park, their not being able to handle the favourites tag, their poor league form, the hype, the lack of a decent test so far, their lack of a marquee forward?
Arrah, tell him go talk to Farrandeelin. Poor Farr will come up with about twenty more; no bother to him! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

GalwayBayBoy

Just listened to Oisin McConville and Anthony Moyles on the Second Captains podcast there. Got the impression neither of them gave Tyrone even a slim chance in the semi-final. In fact Oisin said he can see them getting a Donegal style beating.

everymanaman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 06, 2013, 07:48:02 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 05, 2013, 08:17:48 PM
I know they say that the league counts for nothing but Tyrone and Dublin were so far ahead of everyone else that I fancy both to reach the final.  I would also fancy the same outcome as the league final as the Dubs physicality can not be matched by any other team.

Tyrone's run in to the semi-final cannot be dismissed.

-Hammered an Offaly team who were high in confidence after putting it up to Kildare (in Offaly)(altough although had players out)
-Bate Roscommon in Roscommon-a team hurting from their display against Mayo with new impetus from John Evans.
-Bate a Kildare team in Kildare with Kieran McGeeney fighting for survival.
-Bate Meath after Meath scaring the shite out of Dublin in Croke Park.
-Bate Monaghan who were on the crest of a wave after taking Ulster.

The Mayo Donegal game will have done Mayo no favours at all-better to have come through a tight battle.  As for Aidan O'Shea he'll need more than a couple of high catches and bullock runs to impress against Tyrone-we'll give him no respect.

The speed of Dublin is frightening-altough they are a great team, I don't see anything frightening about Mayo.
You are taking the piss, aren't you?
So Tyrone's run to the semi-final cannot be dismissed, can it?
Heh heh, I agree.  ;D ;D
Ye started off by getting a batin' from Donegal, who went on to get an even more emphatic one form Mayo, who will be waiting for ye in the semi.
Ye'r dead right; I wouldn't dismiss that either if I was in your shoes.
Next up, Roscommon. Ye just about managed to nose in front of them at the end even though the Rossies had just changed managers and were still shell shocked from the mauling they got from guess who; yep, you got it right in one go I expect.
If you didn't, it's the team ye will have to face in yer next match.
So ye bate Monaghan, did ye?
I guess ye did but only when one of your players decided to change codes and executed a flying rugby tackle that Joe Sheridan would be jealous of. Joe being no mean code changer either.
Ye bate Meath after Meath scaring the shite out of Dublin. Fair enough, but you forget to mention that they also scared the shite out of your gang also.
We all know Tyrone won't show any respect for Aidan O'Shea since ye've never shown respect for anybody or anything; including the ethos and rules of the game.
If you still don't see anything frightening about Mayo, you, my friend, are a walking advert for Specsavers.

After having spent 5 minutes trying to decipher some of the diatribe you have penned, I wouldn't rule out a contract from Specsavers for your good self. :o

AMayoFan

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 06, 2013, 06:55:43 PM
Very off form Donegal team this year alright who really beat no team of substance on their way to the Quarter Final. Mayo have had things easy as well with victories against Roscommon who Tyrone easily defeated by two points and Galway who were in turn were easily beaten by Cork by a point. Mayo's league form going into the Championship was poor. League form is the most important part of the championship year, poor league form will come back to haunt you come championship. Mayo only survived relegation by beating Cork in Cork. They were fortunate to make the semi finals where they lost to eventual winners Dublin.

Mayo have problems playing in Croke Park. Their recent record speaks for itself bar recent victories against Donegal, Down, Cork and Dublin. Similar to this year, Last year Mayo went into the AI semi finals stage without a test after hammering Down. They then struggled to beat an out of form Dublin team in the semi's.

The Hype in Mayo will have kicked in since the Donegal game. Players and management will be greatly affected by this hype as many have not encountered this before in their football career. Mayo do not deal with being favourites going into a match, being favourites in every game in Connacht and the quarter final greatly affected the teams performance.

After nearly 3 years under Horan, Mayo still have no marquee forward.  Mayo's scores so far have been spread all over the team (squad). So when the going gets tough we don't have that one forward you go to who will pull the game out of the bag.

Brillant post ;D  I think you have exactly sumed up Tyrone fans view point lol