is Horan a dose?

Started by Orchardman, July 30, 2013, 12:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

Looking at him in interviews and listening to him lately, the guy seems such a bore. Does he always wear a hat? I have a good mate in his thirties and never seen him without his baseball hat apart from his wedding day.

Since there is a jimmy thread with a lot of jimmy bashing going on, i thought jamsie deserves his own this week in the build up to the big game. Now jimmy has many faults no doubt, and done things i don't agree with, but at least he in an interesting character from his long lasting student life to maturity as all ireland winning manager. Jimmy sounds like the players would go through a brick wall for him, maybe horan has great motivational skills as well? Horan's idea of psychology including referring to the all ireland final last year in the build up as 'GAME 5', the semi was GAME 4, what a farce!

Even though I was convinced donegal would beat mayo well last year in the final, I would give Mayo a strong chance on sunday as I think their preparations have been better lately. They should be fresher, though maybe the tough recent battles will stand to donegal better, we wont know til sunday.

INDIANA

Quote from: Orchardman on July 30, 2013, 12:32:54 PM
Looking at him in interviews and listening to him lately, the guy seems such a bore. Does he always wear a hat? I have a good mate in his thirties and never seen him without his baseball hat apart from his wedding day.

Since there is a jimmy thread with a lot of jimmy bashing going on, i thought jamsie deserves his own this week in the build up to the big game. Now jimmy has many faults no doubt, and done things i don't agree with, but at least he in an interesting character from his long lasting student life to maturity as all ireland winning manager. Jimmy sounds like the players would go through a brick wall for him, maybe horan has great motivational skills as well? Horan's idea of psychology including referring to the all ireland final last year in the build up as 'GAME 5', the semi was GAME 4, what a farce!

Even though I was convinced donegal would beat mayo well last year in the final, I would give Mayo a strong chance on sunday as I think their preparations have been better lately. They should be fresher, though maybe the tough recent battles will stand to donegal better, we wont know til sunday.

Probably the most pointless thread created for a while

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

Does anyone know Horan's first name? We all know Jimmy as Jimmy but Horan is Horan. Apparently he keeps it a closely guarded secret. There's talk of it being Maureen or something.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orchardman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2013, 12:34:29 PM

Probably the most pointless thread created for a while

To be honest I have read very few good posts about anything on this board. The Horan guy is all over the papers today ( no harm in that), he deserves his own thread.

Dont Matter

Most people wear hats because they're trying to hide their bald heads. Horan isn't bald I don't beleive, is he grey? Is that it? Or has he got an embarrassing tattoo on his head. Like Mayo: All Ireland Champions 96! Or Mayo All Ireland Champions 97! Or maybe Mayo All Ireland Champions 2012!

'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Syferus

joemamas

I have never met James Horan, but I like his low key approach. No hidden agenda, or no media circus( some of his predecesors never saw a camera they didnt like). I also respect that he has a young family and he and his team have put a tremendous amonut of effort in to Mayo football over the past three years. Mayo are a real team in the true sense of the word. He has raised the bar for Mayo football, I hope and pray that he can raise Sam.

Syferus

Ah here. It's low key but there's as much of an agenda in Horan's words as Jimmy's. both masters at managing expectations.

Johnnybegood

He didn't shroud himself in glory last year when he lied about McQuiilan reffing in house Dublin AvB games .

BluestackBoy

A fine young manager who has been unfortunate to manage at the same time as the charismatic, handsome & intelligent McGuinness.
Not his fault & he shouldn't feel too hard done by as most Mayo men pale beside their Donegal brethern in the looks & sex appeal departments ;) ;) ;)
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Carbery

Excert from today's Irish Examiner
When asked what kind of relationship he had with the Donegal manager and his backroom team and would there be any banter between them Horan responded: "I wouldn't think so, no. Although maybe we've more banter with other teams, that might be a better way to say it. Look it, Jim McGuinness and Rory Gallagher on the sideline, they do their thing. When I'm on the sideline, I just focus on. What can I do to help the team that's on the field. That's all I do. I try and stay as composed as I can."

It was suggested the body language between the managers was cold and Horan said: "Maybe show me a team that has good body language towards Mr McGuinness on the sideline! Maybe that's a better question!"

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Carbery on July 30, 2013, 09:05:20 PM
When asked what kind of relationship he had with the Donegal manager and his backroom team and would there be any banter between them Horan responded: "I wouldn't think so, no. Although maybe we've more banter with other teams, that might be a better way to say it. Look it, Jim McGuinness and Rory Gallagher on the sideline, they do their thing. When I'm on the sideline, I just focus on. What can I do to help the team that's on the field. That's all I do. I try and stay as composed as I can."

It was suggested the body language between the managers was cold and Horan said: "Maybe show me a team that has good body language towards Mr McGuinness on the sideline! Maybe that's a better question!"

Not the sort of stuff anyone is going to pin to a dressing room door is it? Dull as ditchwater ;D ;D ;D
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

ross matt

Quote from: BluestackBoy on July 30, 2013, 09:10:41 PM
Quote from: Carbery on July 30, 2013, 09:05:20 PM

Not the sort of stuff anyone is going to pin to a dressing room door is it? Dull as ditchwater ;D ;D ;D
No. It's not. Intelligent, focussed & low key. Well done Horan.

ross matt

Jaysus you dug deep to try and find some shite to throw at Horan in this thread. Pretty much back fired and he's came out looking even better as a result. Nice one. Well done.