Cavan vs Kerry The Aristocrat's reprise

Started by Denn Forever, July 27, 2013, 10:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: yellowcard on August 04, 2013, 03:32:40 PM
I think I am now actually looking forward to seeing the grinding defensive football in the 2nd match after enduring this contest. At least it will be high intensity and competitive. This is among the worst matches I've seen this year for quality. I would give Kerry very little chance against the Dubs.

i've enjoyed the second half. the second game will be rancid

Aaron Boone

Kerry will close the game out from here.

yellowcard

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2013, 03:34:58 PM
I think I am now actually looking forward to seeing the grinding defensive football in the 2nd match after enduring this contest. At least it will be high intensity and competitive. This is among the worst matches I've seen this year for quality. I would give Kerry very little chance against the Dubs.

Different strokes for different folks, can't say the same. Both teams playing similar styles to Mayo and Donegal only at a much lower pace.

Declan

Young Mackie from Cavan has certainly impressed but Cavan's shot selection is brutal.

Walter Cronc

The Cavan number 4 with the red boots is a superb tackler!!! Is he Clarke?

Asal Mor

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 04, 2013, 03:37:37 PM
The Cavan number 4 with the red boots is a superb tackler!!! Is he Clarke?

Yeah, Killian Clarke could be an Allstar nominee at least. Both himself and Mackie have been Cavans best players.

INDIANA

Quote from: yellowcard on August 04, 2013, 03:36:43 PM

Different strokes for different folks, can't say the same. Both teams playing similar styles to Mayo and Donegal only at a much lower pace.

if you like third man tackles, low scoring, plenty of frees, high tackles etc. you'll love the second game

yellowcard

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2013, 03:42:40 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 04, 2013, 03:36:43 PM

if you like third man tackles, low scoring, plenty of frees, high tackles etc. you'll love the second game

Course I don't, the comment was made with a sense of irony after watching what I thought was a very poor curtain raiser. The second game will be a hell of a lot more interesting than this match though.

Declan

Jaysus that was turgid stuff. Kingdom must be favourites now as they haven't had to get out of second gear yet and have strolled to the semis ;) 

Captain Obvious

At least Cavan won the second half 7-4.

HiMucker

Jesus mc Hugh talks some dung.  " Cavan will be glad to just get a jersey now". "They didn't get hammered and fair play to Kerry for not doing that"
Just a string of negativity and half finished sentences.

Cavan will be back at Croke park next year

yellowcard

Quote from: HiMucker on August 04, 2013, 03:49:10 PM
Jesus mc Hugh talks some dung.  " Cavan will be glad to just get a jersey now". "They didn't get hammered and fair play to Kerry for not doing that"

Cavan will be back at Croke park next year

Condescending snidey git.

Syferus

Watching Gooch play is like watching Michaelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel. A few cameos, one late run for a quick point when the rest of the Kerry team were flailing about to put the carving fork into Cavan, when they were starting to fancy their chances. Just enough to gently push Kerry over the line. Calmness personified.

As regards Kerry's chances the next day, nothing's changed.

Maguire01

Quote from: HiMucker on August 04, 2013, 03:49:10 PM
He's possibly the worst pundit there is, and that was incredibly patronising.