Tyrone v Monaghan Quarter Final

Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: Jinxy on August 02, 2013, 12:17:51 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 02, 2013, 12:11:57 PM
We've debated the potential of our new crop for a long time. Tomorrow will give us a better answer than any 100 page thread on the GAABOARD. We know we have guys that can score spectacular points, we know we have guys that can work well within our defensive system...but...do we have a team that has the balls for a battle? That is what we will face tomorrow. We will be hit hard, fast and frequent as soon as the ball is thrown in.

The first quarter is key. If we can finish it 2-3 points up we will completely change the dynamic from Monaghan's perspective. Everything in the Donegal game went their way and if we can get them chasing us we will force them to come out and attack us, giving SoN and co more space inside.

Hoping for huge games from the two Donnellys and P Harte. We need them going at full tilt, not only breaking tackles
but giving quality foot passes into SoN. Petey put in a beauty of a pass straight into Stevey's chest, one swivel and it was over the bar. Extremely hard to defend against and something we appear very reluctant to do.

Our forwards will be black and blue for the next week, I want to see McManus et al with red hands being surgically extracted in Drogheda hospital on Sunday morning. Our defense have been too stand offish, more aggression
needed.

One win and we are back in the big time. You can stick your Drumlins up yer hole. Come on Tyrone! ;)

Now there's a lovely image.

shawshank

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2013, 12:30:09 PM
Nope you're wrong Shawshank
McCurry played v Kerry last year as SoN was injured
I realise Mc Curry played, but he is knew and so is Mc Ginley, who I have to say I don't rate at all. He marked Reilly well last weekend without contributing to the game and you need your whb offering some creativity in todays game especially

ONeill

Nothing has really changed apart from perhaps physicality and fitness.

Just like in 08, the qualifier draw has been very kind to Tyrone, allowing them to build momentum and match sharpness by taking on sides on step ahead of the previous one in terms of quality. It has been perfect for Mickey. Last year they met Kerry too early, in their patch.

I still think that even if they beat Monaghan, there are 3 sides we won't handle. Mayo, Dublin and Donegal. One of those will be gone by the semis.

Now, that would be one hell of a challenge. Hopefully we'll find out.

Oddly, I think Monaghan could take Mayo.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Play a 'tagger' on Cavanagh and you are halfway there.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on August 02, 2013, 12:45:56 PM

Bit late for you boys !    ;)

Redhand Santa

They might not be new but I'd say Stevie o'neill and Sean Cavanagh make a bit of a difference to the team that started last year in Kerry! Also a lot of players have only been involved for a couple of years and should be improving all the time.

Not many players make it in their 1st year so I'm glad we don't have too many new players on. A lot of new squad players will hopefully develop a lot over the next few years and gain from the experience of being involved.

Walter Cronc

Cant believe Mc Ginley starts for Tyrone. Watched young Gareth Mc Kinless batter him in the Ballinderry/Errigal game earlier in the year. He didnt want to know!!

Jinxy

Quote from: orangeman on August 02, 2013, 12:47:53 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 02, 2013, 12:45:56 PM

Bit late for you boys !    ;)

It's all part of the learning curve.  ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 02, 2013, 12:55:22 PM
Cant believe Mc Ginley starts for Tyrone. Watched young Gareth Mc Kinless batter him in the Ballinderry/Errigal game earlier in the year. He didnt want to know!!

Luckily we're not playing Ballinderry!

God14

Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2013, 12:58:36 PM

Same result as that day will do well for Ciaran  ;D

Walter Cronc

Quote from: God14 on August 02, 2013, 01:12:01 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2013, 12:58:36 PM

Same result as that day will do well for Ciaran  ;D

It wont the following day :)

charlie linkbox

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2013, 12:20:03 PM
Have they ever made it to an AI final?

Yep. Once.

Kerry robbed us in 1930. 3-11 to 0-2.

ONeill

Monaghan 1985 - one of my favourite memories from the 80s - http://youtu.be/xFIPOSKXEDs

EC Unique

He showed discipline, played his game and won. Young McKinless went home a looser. Ciaran is going well for Tyrone and is getting better with every game. The big occasion will suit him well.