Cork team V Galway

Started by Zulu, July 24, 2013, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Same team? At least it's more believable that the Turtle's 'starting' line-up.

CorkMan

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 26, 2013, 03:39:32 AM
Lots of different stories about Kelly going around...That he's fit and has fallen out with management, that he has some sort of illness etc...Hard to know whats going on. Cork put a story out that CiarĂ¡n Sheehan was injured and unable to play a full part in the Munster final..yet he played half an hour and 3 days later played a full match for his club!

I hadn't heard that. If he actually was fit, it was ridiculous not to to play him. He made a huge difference when he came on. Imo, he's Corks best forward.

Syferus

CorkMan

Maybe not, actually. Still a quality player, though.

Onion Bag

That is good going of James Loughrey to get on the cork 15, fair play to him
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Syferus

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 26, 2013, 03:26:46 PM
That is good going of James Loughrey to get on the cork 15, fair play to him

Good going? Cork are lucky to have him. He's one of their few defenders that aren't walking turrets.

For illustrative purposes, Graham Canty and Cork's idea of a blanket defence:

Frank Casey

This MAY be the actual team to start. Apparently the Cork County Board are not impressed with Conor Counihan's regard for team sheets.

Ciaran Sheehan's situation baffling. He was fit to start against Kerry and Paddy Kelly was fit to take some part in the game. Sheehan proved to be a positive change and I think Kelly is always worth playing. I think that some rumours regarding certain players (lack of) fitness are being spun to justify decisions.

All not well in the house despite a rich pick of talent that I think has failed to achieve its full potential.
KERRY 3:7

Wildweasel74

James Loughrey likely the 2nd best defender they have outside of shields, i play him at no.6 . Why they still play Canty i dont know, deadly player yesteryear but has been on the slide past 4yr. Would be a better lift coming off the bench when the pace has dropped abit, I genuinely think if M harte had this team they could have won 3 all-irelands, this team goes out and plays football but doesnt seem to have any game plans. surely that lies with the management

Frank Casey

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 27, 2013, 01:45:56 PM
James Loughrey likely the 2nd best defender they have outside of shields, i play him at no.6 . Why they still play Canty i dont know, deadly player yesteryear but has been on the slide past 4yr. Would be a better lift coming off the bench when the pace has dropped abit, I genuinely think if M harte had this team they could have won 3 all-irelands, this team goes out and plays football but doesnt seem to have any game plans. surely that lies with the management

Agreed and, painfull as this is to admit for a Kerryman, they certainly had/have the squad to add to the AI from 2010. I have suggested adding itching powder to Conor Counihan's pants to see if it would make him more animated on the sidelines.

Wildweasel74

I think they only get anywhere with an outside manager, there too many good players there, and if they win only 1 all-ireland these lads be kicking themselves. I cant understand why the manager doesnt feel the heat within the county, but everybody probably too busy running after the hurling team which seem to be the big interest in cork.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 27, 2013, 01:58:46 PM
I think they only get anywhere with an outside manager, there too many good players there, and if they win only 1 all-ireland these lads be kicking themselves. I cant understand why the manager doesnt feel the heat within the county, but everybody probably too busy running after the hurling team which seem to be the big interest in cork.

No chance. Cork pride wouldn't wear it. Twas bad enough for them to take Tomkins a few years ago but he was regarded as somewhat naturalised, but can you imagine the racket if say Micko came over the county bounds......mind you he is idle at the moment...... ;)

Tubberman

This match is almost at a walking pace
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Wildweasel74

Galway going rightly here, but why cork dont up the pace is beyond me

GalwayBayBoy

Galway 0-8 Cork 0-7 at HT

Cork haven't scored from play in ages. Not sure we can keep it up but playing well so far anyway.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway 0-12 Cork 0-8