Armagh v Westmeath

Started by Orior, April 03, 2007, 10:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Catch

Think that's being abit harsh. He has played rightly this year before he got injured a few weeks back.

Croí na hÉireann

No news from the Westmeath camp yet, team usually announced tonight. What's the best way to Crossmaglen coming from Dublin, i.e. which turnoff around Dundalk???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Uladh

Straight to the end of the new motorway, which'll take you onto the ballymac roundabout. take your second exit, signposted greenore/omeath and stay on that road for about eight miles. you can't miss it on the left hand side!

illdecide

Stephen and Aaron Kernan were at training on Tue night as well as Hearty but no Bellew and i hear Mc Conville is on the sauce. So stephen Kernan is coming to the rescue for Armagh on Sunday ::). Can't even get his place with Cross
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thebandit

Uladh

thebandit

If they are heading to Omeath they are going the opposite direction to Cross :D

Uladh

heganboy

I'd be pretty sure that injury problems aside Paddy Mc will be playing in the half forward line come championship, in fact he has even lined out at MF in a couple of challenges this year. The biggest problem that Armagh face in the line up is that a conventional half forward line isn't played, all of the half forwards play the same role as an attacking midfielder in a club game, cover a lot of ground, have a strong physical presence and should provide good link play between back and the ff line. The ability to run at players and score long range points, whilst certainly a bonus, is not the selection criteria as JK has proved time and time again
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

armaghniac

QuoteTake the Castleblaney/Dundalk exit off the motorway. Turn left at the top of the slip road. Go on out that road about 5/6 miles. You will see a sign on the right for SuperValue in Crossmaglen. Take that turn it will take you directly into Cross, past the pitch.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

QuoteI'd be pretty sure that injury problems aside Paddy Mc will be playing in the half forward line come championship

Paddy Mc has played well for Armagh. However he seems to do this when the team is going well if things are going badly he is not one to lift the team in the way that Oisin or Stevie can do.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Uladh

Armagh manager Joe Kernan has drafted in three of Crossmaglen's All-Ireland Club championship -winning side for Sunday's Allianz National Football league Division 1B clash with Westmeath.

Paul Hearty returns between the posts in place of Ciaran McKinney. Francie Bellew comes in at full back, while Aaron Kernan takes up his usual right wing back berth.

ARMAGH: P Hearty; E McNulty, F Bellew, F Morriarty; A Kernan, K McGeeney, B Donaghy; P McGrane, C Toner; J Lavery, D Marsden, Martin O'Rourke; S McDonnell, P Loughran, P McKeever.

Uladh

Great to see Marsden at 11. that'll give us a bit of threat and creativity there for the first time this year.

Can't see Ciaran McKinney being exceptionally happy at losing his place at the first time of asking.

I'd also assume Loughran will augment the midfield.

brokencrossbar1

Uladh, I wouldn't necessarily sayhe has lost his place.  In the League Joe always rotates the Keepers so maybe he is just giving Hearty his turn as he hasn't played any league at all, nothing moresinister than that.

I have to say I am delighted to see Marsden at 11.  I really think that this would be the role for him.  If they do bring Loughran out to supplement midfield, Marsden can play slightly closer to the FF line and be both creator and score taker.  With MOR on the wing doing the grafting I think this is potentially very beneficial for Armagh.

Also with Geezer at CHB and McGrane MF that is a very experienced axis to build upon.

Uladh

Agreed bc... it has a better looking structure to it than previously. for this sunday, if what we expect happens the stevie will still carry a mjor scoring burden as given paddy's recent efforts there'll not be much in the way of help inside.