Armagh v Westmeath

Started by Orior, April 03, 2007, 10:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

I'm certainly not saying it isn't true but by the same token, i don't hink the return of the cross players is going to make a blind bit of difference. the problems are much deeper than that.

puskas

has this game been postponed to the 15th or is it going ahead on sunday?

charlie stubbs

NOT "CLUB SUB"S GREATEST FAN BUT AT LEAST A)HES NOT PADDY MCKEEVER AND B)IS A NATURAL HALF FORWARD UNLIKE VERNON,LOUGHRAN R ANYONE THAT HAS TRIED TO PLAY IN THIS POSITION FOR ARMAGH

full back

Why would the game not be on this Sunday puskas?

Uladh

Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 04, 2007, 11:57:28 AM
NOT "CLUB SUB"S GREATEST FAN BUT AT LEAST A)HES NOT PADDY MCKEEVER AND B)IS A NATURAL HALF FORWARD UNLIKE VERNON,LOUGHRAN R ANYONE THAT HAS TRIED TO PLAY IN THIS POSITION FOR ARMAGH

so are every half forward playing for their club in the county.

stop shouting

charlie stubbs

WHAT HALF FORWARD LINE WUD U PLAY THEN ULADH?KERNAN HAS SHOWN POTENTIAL B4 IN THAT POSITION,THOUGH NOT OFTEN ENOUGH.WUD U RATHER PLAY SUM1 AND LET THEN RUN ROUND LIKE A HEADLESS CHICKEN,WHICH HAZ HAPPENED THE WHOLE CAMPAIGN.IM JUST STATING HE KNOWS THE POSITION UNLIKE OTHERS

Uladh

martin ahern, john mc entee or john murtagh?

stop shouting

charlie stubbs

the fact that mcentee has retired would probably count against him, ahern dont think so murtagh though worth a look wud agree

puskas

just after re-reading that. it only applies to div 2A games.

Six Inch Nail

Quote from: Uladh on April 04, 2007, 12:18:53 PM

Martin Aherne is way too light for county football and I think that John Murtagh is too found of the good life to play county football.  Martin O'Rourke has to be one of the half forwards, I think that Marsden could be worth a look at on the 40', leaving us needed one more for Sunday.  I know to a certain extent that would be robbing Peter to pay Paul, but I really think that we need to find a centre half forward from somewhere, Oisin will be a help to McDonnell when he returns.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Uladh

I don't believe either ahern or murtagh are fit for county football either. i'm merely pointing out two obvious candidates who are ahead of sk in the natural order of selection

illdecide

Quote from: Six Inch Nail on April 04, 2007, 12:48:24 PM
Quote from: Uladh on April 04, 2007, 12:18:53 PM

Martin Aherne is way too light for county football and I think that John Murtagh is too found of the good life to play county football.  Martin O'Rourke has to be one of the half forwards, I think that Marsden could be worth a look at on the 40', leaving us needed one more for Sunday.  I know to a certain extent that would be robbing Peter to pay Paul, but I really think that we need to find a centre half forward from somewhere, Oisin will be a help to McDonnell when he returns.

Marsden def needs to play out the pitch, he's a work horse and i don't think he has the burst of pace needed for the full forward line. He's a smart footballer so out the pitch a bit will suit him and Armagh, Joe can then (try) and bring Oisin back into the full forward line. Armagh's biggest problem in my view is they have lost a bit of drive even the teams of old when the played bad they still fought like Warriors for the ball, that seems to have gone and i don't know if that was a Paul Grimley thing. I just hope it comes back it time for the championship as Donegal could be giving us a hiding.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hank Everlast

If i was to have a stab at the team joe will play it wud be...

mckinney/hearty
Moriarty
Toner/bellew
McNulty
Kernan
McGeeney
duffy
McGrane
lavery
O'Rourke
vernon
loughran
McDonnell
Marsden
mckeever

Louis the Red

Any word on Peadar Toals injury.  Will he be fit for Sunday?