Armagh v Westmeath

Started by Orior, April 03, 2007, 10:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Not much history between these two teams, so I think it should be an interesting match.

To be honest, I'd not mind a year in Division 3. It would certainly flush out the old guard (perhaps including large Joseph), give us a chance to bind together the next generation.

Its yours for the taking Westmeath, if you're man enough.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

corn02

Hopefully Joe has the cop on to leave this year.

I fully expect us to beat Westmeath by at least six points this week.

holylandsniper

According to our manager yes, apart from the twins, delighted to welcome rest back - including Stephen, lovely another chance for him to impress

Tyrones own

"To be honest, I'd not mind a year in Division 3"

It will take two years to get back to division 1 though.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

armaghniac

QuoteNot much history between these two teams

I do recall, when I first took an interest in such matters in the post '77 period, Armagh played Westmeath in a challenge when we got something like 8-14, with one of Harp's finest sons, Sean Devlin, scoring at hat trick at least. I suppose this is unlikely on Sunday, indeed if we score 1-14 it would probably do the trick.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: armaghniac on April 03, 2007, 11:25:45 PM
QuoteNot much history between these two teams

I do recall, when I first took an interest in such matters in the post '77 period, Armagh played Westmeath in a challenge when we got something like 8-14, with one of Harp's finest sons, Sean Devlin, scoring at hat trick at least. I suppose this is unlikely on Sunday, indeed if we score 1-14 it would probably do the trick.

If memory serves me well armaghniac, I think that was a League game in the Athletic Grounds - 8-13 to 1-06 (open to correction on the score  ;))

ard mhaca abu

is there any word of any of the injury problems clearin nd passin fit?

Uladh

trying to do the impossible and read Joe mor's mind, the team for sunday will probably be

Hearty
Moriarty
Toner
McNulty
Kernan
McGeeney
Dyas
McGrane
Loughran
O'Rourke
Kernan
McKeever
McDonnell
Marsden
McConville

thebandit

Oisin McConville definately wont be playing this weekend, I think he's taking a wee break for a few weeks.

I'd be surprised if any Cross man other than Aaron is in contention to start

Uladh

Quote from: thebandit on April 04, 2007, 11:05:15 AM

I'd be surprised if any Cross man other than Aaron is in contention to start

prepare to be surprised

Six Inch Nail

Uladh, in yesterdays Irish News Oisin led us to believe that he wouldn't be returning to the Armagh squad this week.  Anyone else think that?  Do you not think that Bellew will be at full back?  I know you are trying to name a team that Joe will pick and it is not your opinion, but surely even daddy couldn't put Stephen on when he can't get his place on his club team.  And Loughran, back to the hut with him I doubt and get Lavery or Vernon in the middle.  Don't be surprised to see David McKenna getting a run at some point!
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

thebandit

full back

From the games that I have seen Mc Kenna at league & championship level IMO he deserves a rattle at the county squad.
Although I dont think he is strong enough for midfield yet, he must be worth a shot at CHF or indeed wing half forward in the remaining league game or indeed the build up to the championship.
All of these opinions may be redundant if the Cross lads are partying for a few weeks!

Uladh

I'm sure oisin will get a break and rightly so. i was lead to believe that francie is still having difficulties with his shoulders and needs more rehab time now? but maybe given the situation, that might be after sunday. i expect at least hanratty and mckenna to be added to the panel along with the usual suspects. Joe is in a bind and he has the readymade excuse that the other lads haven't been cutting it for playing who he likes. i'd say he'll start the club sub.

full back

Quote from: Uladh on April 04, 2007, 11:23:27 AM
he has the readymade excuse that the other lads haven't been cutting it for playing who he likes. i'd say he'll start the club sub.
TBH uladh, and it is clear you love for Joe isnt that of Romeo & Juliet, this isnt an excuse it's the truth.
Look at the position we are in the league FFS