Who was it again??

Started by thejuice, July 24, 2013, 04:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Remember when some unionist politician registered here to make some comment about gaaboard posters regarding something about british troops marching in Belfast or something like that and got caught out by leaving his email address visible.

Who was it and what was his user name can anyone remember?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on July 24, 2013, 04:58:03 PM
Remember when some unionist politician registered here to make some comment about gaaboard posters regarding something about british troops marching in Belfast or something like that and got caught out by leaving his email address visible.

Who was it and what was his user name can anyone remember?

The Bard of Dunclug was the username I think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Was that Gaaboards finest hour?

Wonder does he still have an oul read every now and again?

Do Dunclug have a GAA team?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

5 Sams

Quote from: thejuice on July 24, 2013, 05:21:19 PM

I think All Saints from Ballymena's old ground was very near Dunclug...maybe some of the Saffron lads could confirm it. I used to curt a blade from that neck of the woods years ago and her oul fella kept complaining about the unionists leaving broken glass in the goal mouths!!
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 24, 2013, 05:28:51 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 24, 2013, 05:21:19 PM

I think All Saints from Ballymena's old ground was very near Dunclug...maybe some of the Saffron lads could confirm it. I used to curt a blade from that neck of the woods years ago and her oul fella kept complaining about the unionists leaving broken glass in the goal mouths!!
Dunclug and All Saints chapel (and part of the parish) would be Cushendall Road area of Ballymena.

T Fearon

Remember that! He tried to blame it on someone else,who used his account while he was off having a crap.It made the papers and the then UUP leader,Sir Reg Empey even got involved,defending him! ;D

T Fearon

Actually he expressed regret at British soldiers not killing all taigs,or words to that effect.

ziggysego

Those were the days, the days when the gaaboard used to make the headlines.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone86

Cllr Neil Armstrong IIRC - the famous name is the only reason it stuck with me.

My favourite moment is still "Greg Harkin" posting after the Rossie's pool scandal

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on July 24, 2013, 10:20:02 PM

We made the headlines for one man wanting some of us killed, and another wanting us shut down.

Those were the days all right.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Quote from: muppet on July 24, 2013, 10:46:11 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 24, 2013, 10:20:02 PM

We made the headlines for one man wanting some of us killed, and another wanting us shut down.

Those were the days all right.

Not forgetting that one BBC man got the sack for 'speaking the truth' here  8)
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

The Antrim Co. Chairman once lashed us in public too.

Rois

And my barrister brother in law was consulted by someone from Derry about libel or something. I even messages the mods about it, it appeared to be so serious at thee time.

sans pessimism

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 24, 2013, 10:36:14 PM
Cllr Neil Armstrong IIRC - the famous name is the only reason it stuck with me.

My favourite moment is still "Greg Harkin" posting after the Rossie's pool scandal
bout the only way the sheepstealers make headlines
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"