Meath vs. Tyrone

Started by Jinxy, July 20, 2013, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: red hander on July 27, 2013, 09:16:46 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 27, 2013, 09:05:10 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on July 27, 2013, 08:57:36 PM
I'm definitely not defending Tyrone - they committed a serious amount in those closing minutes but to suggest its only tyrone doing it in this match or any other game need also to take take off the blinkers!

While almost every team does on occasion commit cynical fouls I think it's fair to say Tyrone are the only county who employ it specifically as a defensive tactic.

They got the win so they will say that justified their tactics.  It doesn't make it right though & as all non Tyrone posters have pointed out, it's horrible to watch.
All bets were off for us after 1996, so the whining and whigeing of Dublin tubes means absolutely nothing to us, your attempt to rewrite history is pathetic, you're telling me a true Dub is defending Meath? Suck my plums

Put the can down and step back from the computer ;)

Wildweasel74

tyroneboi

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 27, 2013, 09:09:31 PM
if tyrone were any use, they'd have won that by 5 points. very wasteful in the second half. looking for goals when the points were on.
both teams were cynical - equally so. Tyrone just looked worse as they were more obviously doing it in the second half near the end.
The meath lads didnt get booked in the first half for nothing!

all the teams left (including clueless cork) are exponents of cynical fouling - as seen during the course of this championship.
this is the kind of smart play/cuteness you need to succeed in sport.
its not nice to watch. but thats sport.

100% right there. It is horrible to watch alright and I'd say the 4 quarter finals will be something similar.

SHEEDY

down to the final 8 teams and I can safely say, I hope anyone wins it apart from tyrone. shower of dirty feckers, and that's just the women, don't get me started on their football team.  >:(
nil satis nisi optimum

Fear ón Srath Bán

I enjoyed that.  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

parttimeexile

This tactic of a team defending there lead for the last 5  minutes like Tyrone did was just disgusting. Ban them I say, kick them out of the championship. I never want to see a team doing that again. They should have let meath score there goal. Far better I say. Take there beating but be happy that they annoyed nobody. Went to Dublin and made some nice new friends. That would have been better.

J OGorman

Tyrone wimen dirty? I curted one many moons ago.  Brings me back to her single bed in the halls of residence, couple of looseners then into the bedroom. Says she's away to slip into something a little more comfortable. .oi oi. Comes back into the room a few mins later a pair of o' neills jogging bottoms..... that stayed on the whole night :-(

Whishtup

Tyrone can go all the way now that these tricky ties have been won-should have been out of sight in the first half and as usual left it dodgy at the end but have showed great character to overcome stirling comebacks against Rosommon, Kildare and Meath.
        Jaysus, Brolly can fairly make fools of some pre-brained viewers.  I feel that because he was ready for a big shpeel about how Tyrone aren't that good had they lost, he was disappointed and honed in on the 'shocking' fouling by Tyrone.  (five minutes later he said Tyrone were restrained and well drilled in their tackling compared to Meath.)  He'll be having a quare laugh at how people are running with it.  Cavanagh's tackle is what it is-I personally thing a sending off and suspension should be awarded to stamp out that sort of tackle but at the minute there isn't a person in the country that wouldn't execute it to get to a QF. O'Neill's first was off the ball so not cynical and the second was a silly slap-accentuated by a cracking dive(Stevie doesn't need to do these things).   

Very disappointed that the RTE reporter referred to Tyrone's tackling when interviewing the Meath manager-extremely unprofessional for what was three or four minutes of cynical fouling by both sides at the end of a game that you would see at any game across the country.  That has an immense bearing on how teams are perceived and it is showing here already.  I assume that Tyrone have worked very hard at tackling just on the right side of the law and wouldn't be pleased with an assumed partisan reporter putting words into a defeated manger's mouth.  Tut tut-must do better!

I wouldn't have took Penrose off-some pace around the middle.  Was Mark Donnelly injured?

Bring on Monaghan!

Bensars

Cynicism against a Meath side ? Lmao feck off.

What's even more enjoyable is the seething from Brolly and a few others.
Cynical fouling is nothing new , it comes with experience, and that experience is the difference in being nearly men with a clap on the back and have a safe drive back up North, and winners who know how get across the line.

Radda bout yeee

Colm cavanagh?
Peter Harte?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 09:16:21 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on July 27, 2013, 08:59:35 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on July 27, 2013, 08:57:06 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Could anyone explain why the National Broadcaster has to resort to delivering their programme from the corner of the pitch.  I'm sure there a quite a few free boxes with the times that are in it!

I was thinking that too. Awful seats. You couldn't hope to analyse a game from there.

It hardly matter when they'd say the same old crap, no matter how the game was going! Harping on about fouls, when the masterful performance of Cavanagh was there to talk about!

What is this 'pointing' crap that Cavanagh does when he passes (the odd time) particularly on short balls, it is as if I can seen whats happening further up the field but you can't.  Most if the time there was nothing on but he was still pointing after he passed the ball.  He seems to like the attention the camera brings to him.

Greedy bollix should also have passed when he was clean through as well, as your granny could have seen he was going to be blocked.  Just looking for the big headlines methinks.

That's the biggest issue in the game today. This pointing crap when a man passes the ball.

To be honest he should be dropped on that basis alone.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

reddgnhand

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 27, 2013, 08:34:08 PM
The one time you want Meath to get a goal in injury time, FFS

They should have thrown the ball into the net. You never know they might have got away with it.

yellowcard

I think that Mickey Hartes self imposed ban with RTE ( whilst I 100% respect his annoyance at distasteful previous reporting of his daughters murder) does his county no favours. In the business end of the season cute managers like McGuinness will use the media to get their message across. The likes of Brolly crying foul over the likes of Tyrone and Mayos cynical fouling whilst similarly eulogising over Donegals similar tactics needs to be held to account. Horan rightfully brought him to task last last year albeit after the season was played out. Nobody wants to see these fouls being committed but the reporting of it should be impartial and not clouded by bias from armchair pundits.

Line Ball

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 27, 2013, 09:59:06 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 09:16:21 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on July 27, 2013, 08:59:35 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on July 27, 2013, 08:57:06 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Could anyone explain why the National Broadcaster has to resort to delivering their programme from the corner of the pitch.  I'm sure there a quite a few free boxes with the times that are in it!

I was thinking that too. Awful seats. You couldn't hope to analyse a game from there.

It hardly matter when they'd say the same old crap, no matter how the game was going! Harping on about fouls, when the masterful performance of Cavanagh was there to talk about!

What is this 'pointing' crap that Cavanagh does when he passes (the odd time) particularly on short balls, it is as if I can seen whats happening further up the field but you can't.  Most if the time there was nothing on but he was still pointing after he passed the ball.  He seems to like the attention the camera brings to him.

Greedy bollix should also have passed when he was clean through as well, as your granny could have seen he was going to be blocked.  Just looking for the big headlines methinks.

That's the biggest issue in the game today. This pointing crap when a man passes the ball.

To be honest he should be dropped on that basis alone.

Who said it is the biggest issue??    I have made a 'point' about a habit he has.  Why would he be dropped for doing this? 

Rossfan

Some Nordies don't do irony it seems  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM